JMSNews Forums

JMSNews Forums (http://jmsnews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Babylon 5 (http://jmsnews.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Silly B5 Quote Conversation (http://jmsnews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2227)

phazedout 11-12-2015 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNarn (Post 130273)
"With all due respect, madam, that's not what I heard."

It's like I always say, you get more with a kind word and a two-by-four than with just a kind word.

Jan 11-13-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phazedout (Post 130274)
It's like I always say, you get more with a kind word and a two-by-four than with just a kind word.

"While you have not gone out of your way to be kind to us, you have been fair, and that requires comment."

(and we zipped past 7500 posts!)

DaveNarn 11-13-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 130287)
"While you have not gone out of your way to be kind to us, you have been fair, and that requires comment."

(and we zipped past 7500 posts!)

"It might be helpful for you to know that you are not alone, and that in the long, twilight struggle which lies ahead of us, there is the possibility of hope."

Melanie 11-13-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNarn (Post 130288)
"It might be helpful for you to know that you are not alone, and that in the long, twilight struggle which lies ahead of us, there is the possibility of hope."

"Mostly, though, I think it gave us hope that there can always be new beginnings, even for people like us."

DaveNarn 11-13-2015 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie (Post 130289)
"Mostly, though, I think it gave us hope that there can always be new beginnings, even for people like us."

"But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"

phazedout 11-13-2015 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNarn (Post 130290)
"But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"

I'm in awe, Lennier. The way you can take a straightforward, logical proposition and turn it inside out so that in the end it says what you want it to say, instead of what it actually means. Did this come naturally, or did you attend some special martial arts class for the philosophically inclined?

DaveNarn 11-14-2015 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phazedout (Post 130292)
I'm in awe, Lennier. The way you can take a straightforward, logical proposition and turn it inside out so that in the end it says what you want it to say, instead of what it actually means. Did this come naturally, or did you attend some special martial arts class for the philosophically inclined?

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

Melanie 11-14-2015 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNarn (Post 130296)
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

"I do understand. And that's what's got you worried."

Vorlon_Stacy 11-14-2015 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie (Post 130297)
"I do understand. And that's what's got you worried."

"You do not understand. But you will."

Jan 11-14-2015 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorlon_Stacy (Post 130298)
"You do not understand. But you will."

"I'm not sure what I'll do for a while...but I'll figure it out. I've got a lot to figure out. And it's time I got started."

babylonlurker 11-14-2015 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 130299)
"I'm not sure what I'll do for a while...but I'll figure it out. I've got a lot to figure out. And it's time I got started."

"You know ! .......... It has started !!"

DaveNarn 11-14-2015 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babylonlurker (Post 130300)
"You know ! .......... It has started !!"

"C'mon c'mon, grab what you need. We're running out of time."

Melanie 11-14-2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNarn (Post 130301)
"C'mon c'mon, grab what you need. We're running out of time."

"With the Shadows' vessels based on Centauri Prime and the Vorlons coming, we don't have any time."

Jan 11-14-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie (Post 130302)
"With the Shadows' vessels based on Centauri Prime and the Vorlons coming, we don't have any time."

"The job of Babylon 5 is not to enforce the peace, but to create the peace. The very foundation of this place is optimism, that we can work out our problems and build a better future. And that, to me, is the key issue."

Vorlon_Stacy 11-14-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 130303)
"The job of Babylon 5 is not to enforce the peace, but to create the peace. The very foundation of this place is optimism, that we can work out our problems and build a better future. And that, to me, is the key issue."

But to start with something like this No, it is a very bad sign for the future.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.