JMSNews Forums

JMSNews Forums (http://jmsnews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Babylon 5 (http://jmsnews.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Free Babylon 5! (http://jmsnews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27474)

Ubik 10-01-2013 02:46 AM

Okay, I've linked my Netflix campaign letter on the #FreeBabylon5 facebook group. Have asked folks to express interest if they want to help.

Let's see what happens.

Sinclair's Fan 10-01-2013 03:02 AM

Cool, you can fill us in when you know what's what. :cool:

Jan 10-02-2013 05:56 AM

I've posted a link to Matthew's letter on the main page of the FB page. Hopefully it'll get some attention.

One thing we're going to have to be aware of is that the hard part is going to be getting people to actually *do* something. Any motivating idea will be welcome.

Jan

Ubik 10-02-2013 07:27 AM

Thanks Jan. Yep, fingers crossed the fans will act. So far there’s been too much bickering on various Facebook groups and not enough focus on the task at hand. If I see another reboot post I’m going to have a mini meltdown.

Maybe some Pain givers would inspire? Or we could send in The Inquisitor? :eek:;)

Sinclair's Fan 10-02-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 114811)
I've posted a link to Matthew's letter on the main page of the FB page. Hopefully it'll get some attention.
Jan

I'm not really "up" on how facebook works, but maybe you could link to a specific page where all our letters are stored, so as to (hopefully) inspire others to write....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubik (Post 114843)
If I see another reboot post I’m going to have a mini meltdown.

Agreed. In some ways, a reboot might help, but -darn it all- there's still so much of the original Babylon 5 Universe that's only been hinted at. A continuation, not a reboot, is the only way we'll see how those elements relate to the B5 we've already seen, and know & love.

Technomages, telepaths, David's Keeper, Excalibur, Liandra, Valen's legacy..., it's all still to play for!!!

:D

Ubik 10-02-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinclair's Fan (Post 114847)

Agreed. In some ways, a reboot might help, but -darn it all- there's still so much of the original Babylon 5 Universe that's only been hinted at. A continuation, not a reboot, is the only way we'll see how those elements relate to the B5 we've already seen, and know & love.

Technomages, telepaths, David's Keeper, Excalibur, Liandra, Valen's legacy..., it's all still to play for!!!

I think my 'impending melt down' was due to it simply diluting threads. The minute anything about getting B5 back on TV is posted, it instantly turns into... 'we need a reboot!'... 'all the actors are dead!'... when all we are trying to discuss is getting 'existing' B5 back on TV. That would be the first step towards anything else being remotely viable in terms of NEW B5.

Whilst I don't agree with everything JMS has said in relation to this revival having to be on broadcast TV, I do agree that it needs to be back out there and garnering new fans to be a viable entity again.

Sinclair's Fan 10-02-2013 11:23 AM

I agree completely!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubik (Post 114859)
I think my 'impending melt down' was due to it simply diluting threads... I agree that it needs to be back out there and garnering new fans to be a viable entity again.

"Wisdom." - The Soul Hunter, RIVER OF SOULS.;)

:D:D:D

Jan 10-03-2013 05:03 AM

My 'impending meltdown' is generally sparked by constant repetition of people's desires. Same people repeating the same things that boil down to 'I'm finding an excuse to sit around and do nothing and criticize those who do do something.' That's when I have to walk away from the computer for a while. :o

Jan

Sinclair's Fan 10-03-2013 06:05 AM

Aye. At least we on this forum are getting up off our encounter-suited butts and trying to do something! ;)

As for my suggestion yesterday, do you think it's feasable? I don't really know how facebook works, having never joined it.... :confused:

:D:D:D

Jan 10-03-2013 06:29 AM

When the website's up, there will be a page with samples and suggested letter 'elements' for people to use for help in writing their letters. Facebook wouldn't be a lot of help in that respect.

Jan

Sinclair's Fan 10-03-2013 08:04 AM

"Zathras understand... No. Zathras not understand, but Zathras do. Zathras good at doings, not understandings." - Zathras.

Thanks, Jan. When it comes to social networks, I'm in the same boat as Zathras! :D

However, I am looking forward to the new freebabylon5.com :)

Dan Dassow 10-03-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 115151)
When the website's up, there will be a page with samples and suggested letter 'elements' for people to use for help in writing their letters. Facebook wouldn't be a lot of help in that respect.

Jan

Jan, I plan to write a letter as soon as practical.

By the way, Babylon 5 "Sleeping in Light" is doing extremely well in an IMDb poll: Favorite Final Episode
http://www.imdb.com/poll/W1Gf3Y1w0B0/

B5 is second only to Breaking Bad.

Jan 10-03-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dassow (Post 115221)
By the way, Babylon 5 "Sleeping in Light" is doing extremely well in an IMDb poll: Favorite Final Episode
http://www.imdb.com/poll/W1Gf3Y1w0B0/

B5 is second only to Breaking Bad.

I just looked and it's #1!!

Jan

Dan Dassow 10-03-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 115224)
I just looked and it's #1!!

Jan

Wow! :D

It looks like JMS's people have come forward.

I wonder whether this would be something to include in the letter.

Jan 10-03-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dassow (Post 115227)
I wonder whether this would be something to include in the letter.

Not a bad idea but let's see how high the numbers go.

Ooops! I'd posted a link to the poll on JMS' Facebook page and he carried it over to the main part of the page and credited me for the link. Sorry, Dan!

Jan