JMSNews Forums

JMSNews Forums (http://jmsnews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Babylon 5 (http://jmsnews.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Things that make you think of B5 unexpectedly (http://jmsnews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5116)

Jan 06-28-2012 11:54 AM

Things that make you think of B5 unexpectedly

With this crowd, I'm pretty sure (at least I'm really hoping!) that I won't be the only one who sees something that reminds them of B5 - often by mistake. Just ran across this item on Ebay:

Quote:

Oregon Scientific Gaiam Zone Trainer Heart Rate Monitor Touch Watch - Purple
Emphasis mine. I automatically read that as 'Gaim' and the 'purple' part was just a bonus.

Anybody else have this happen?

Jan

Dan Dassow 06-28-2012 02:55 PM

A street near one of the St. Charles County, Missouri libraries is named Shadow Lane. I always think of Babylon 5 when driving near that library. ;)

Dr Maturin 07-04-2012 04:48 PM

I used to pass by a bar called The White Star.

Dan Dassow 07-04-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dassow (Post 70890)
A street near one of the St. Charles County, Missouri libraries is named Shadow Lane. I always think of Babylon 5 when driving near that library. ;)

I just looked at the Google map for the subdivision. Not only is there a Shadow Lane, but Shadowcreek Drive and Shadowridge Court.

Garibaldi's Hair 07-05-2012 04:31 AM

I dispute that it is ever a mistake to think about B5.

:cool:

Nastastu 07-07-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dassow (Post 70926)
I just looked at the Google map for the subdivision. Not only is there a Shadow Lane, but Shadowcreek Drive and Shadowridge Court.

I think I will be staying out of that part of Missouri.

Marsden 07-11-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garibaldi's Hair (Post 70928)

I concur.

Also, I made Breen for dinner.

Chipmunk 07-12-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garibaldi's Hair (Post 70928)

+1 :)

Jan, this is eerie, because I had basically checked in to get ComicCon updates (thanks!) and to (maybe) start a similar thread, after having one of these pleasant experiences. :)

A few days ago, I spotted a new Iowa "specialty" license plate...

http://www.iowadot.gov/mvd/ovs/plates/ducks_small.jpg

That's "Ducks Unlimited" for you birding muggles. ;)

Dan Dassow 07-18-2012 06:38 PM

I signed up for the Monterey Bay Aquarium newsletter when I visited there in June 2011. When I received their latest newsletter they had the abbreviation MBARI, which I initially read as Minbari. MBARI actually stands for Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute.

OmahaStar 07-18-2012 08:22 PM

That's just what they want you to believe. :)

Fourmyle of Ceres 07-26-2012 01:29 PM

Humor is...

Every now and then I hear someone say in general that "Humor is such a subjective thing..."

:)

SB

Delenn_of_Mir 07-26-2012 04:51 PM

I never need a reason or a prompt to think about B5. It always seems to be at the back of my mind. :)

Marsden 08-07-2012 06:25 PM

Yesterday, I spoke to a Mr. Spoo. And I am not making that up.

Jan 08-13-2012 04:16 PM

This one isn't exactly a 'mistake', just kind of cool.

I've got a B5 micro-machine hanging from my rear view mirror. While waiting for a light on the way home this afternoon, the man in the car next to me pointed to it and let me know he was a big fan, too. We exchanged smiles and the light changed.

It was a fun moment.

Jan

Marsden 08-31-2012 02:47 PM

I dont think it's a mistake to think about Babylon 5, but...

There are several songs that make me think of B5, most especially Rocket Man by Elton John. That song makes me think of Garabaldi going to Mars stating how he swore he would never go back. Plus the overall tone of the lyrics about how something that seems really futuristic and exciting can become boring and tediuos when you're doing it.

I think that's something B5 captured so well.

Flaming Telepaths and Veteran of the Psychic Wars by Blue Oyster Cult do, too, for somewhat obvious reasons.