Thread: Free Babylon 5!
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Confirmed User

I'll say it again. I don't think this is the way to go. Showing interest just tightens their grip on it. There has to be a way make them think it is so worthless that they just turn it all over to JMS. Of course that is still highly unlikely. We have all read how the original DVD sales were great, despite the fact that they messed up making them, and WB still didn't put any money into the franchise. So how is getting episodes released through an online outlet going to benefit the real goal, which should be JMS getting total control?

My guess is that if it were released through Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, or whatever and a huge amount of interest was generated, which I highly doubt would happen, the best we could hope for is them offering JMS no budget to do another project or some sort of BSG style reboot that I don't think I am interested in seeing.

I hate to be negative about it and maybe it would be good for us all to get our hopes up. It is true that there is a community out there, but the question is how do you get their attention in a unique way? The letter writing campaigns haven't really worked well before, so who has a new idea? And anything like KickStarter or things of that nature is NOT the way to go. It sounds great, but as it has been said before you are just giving people who already have more money than they know what to do with more money.

And BTW, I am sure it will make its way onto one of those streaming sites soon enough. It is inevitable. Warner Brothers may even put it on their Archive Collection streaming channel. They keep trying to get me to sign up for it. Their are tons of old movies and I think shows, but it is $9.99 a month, which is more than those other mainstream sites. So if they do that, it will not be good for the show because that site has a limited viewing audience.

Last edited by Looney; 09-02-2013 at 11:22 AM.