View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 01:19 AM
Thread Killer

I have never been a huge trekkie. I can enjoy a few shows here and there, but I've never once made it all the way through an entire trek show. To me, trek has great ideas but I always come away from the experience, disappointed. A lot of that had to do with the standalone reset episodes. I always felt like no matter what happens, nothing really matters, since by the end of the eppy everything will be fixed and forgotten about. Not even DS9 could go as dark or as deep as I wanted it to.

I did quite enjoy the first 3 seasons of Enterprise. Mostly cos of T'Pol. She was hot and intriguing, and I love time travel. But once the temporal cold war was over I lost interest.

With Discovery, I have watched every episode of season one A, and I have loved every minute of it. Even though I hate the big spoiler twist that is coming up and I have to mute the Klingons when they're talking cos that guttural sound annoys the crap out of me.

But other than those two things I love everything else about it.

I love Michael Burnham. I love that this show has consequences. I love that each episode picks up where the last one left off. I love the moral ambiguity of the captain. I love that the characters aren't all perfect, self righteous, moralistic cardboard cutouts. They actually talk and act like real people.

I love the far out tech, the set designs, the scenery. The sentient planet, the poor adorable tardigrade, the spore travel device... It all fascinates and intrigues me. And also makes me laugh sometimes.

I even enjoyed the ground hog day episode and I usually hate those.

So all in all, Disco is my favorite trek and if the quality keeps up, it just may be the first trek series I watch all the way through.

Last edited by Delenn_of_Mir; 11-17-2017 at 01:22 AM.