"Before Watchmen" - SPOILERS
From the Hollywood Reporter:
In what will surely be a controversial move, DC Entertainment is returning to the universe of Watchmen, the acclaimed 1986 graphic novel by writer Alan Moore and artist Dave Gibbons.
This summer, the company will publish seven prequel comic book mini-series called Before Watchmen, each week unleashing a new title focusing on the characters’ lives and adventures in the years before the original story.
This has been rumored for some time but now there are some details. CBR has an interview
with JMS about "one of his two four-issue miniseries for the project: "Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan" as drawn by Adam Hughes."
As the HR said, it's bound to be controversial but I think JMS makes good points in the interview and is sure to be exploring some interesting ideas.
ETA: Some other links from JMS' Facebook page: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=36724
- an overview with a quote from Moore
- Entertainment weekly with different art.
ETA Again: From the DC announcement
, some details:
•RORSCHACH (4 issues) – Writer: Brian Azzarello. Artist: Lee Bermejo
• MINUTEMEN (6 issues) – Writer/Artist: Darwyn Cooke
• COMEDIAN (6 issues) – Writer: Brian Azzarello. Artist: J.G. Jones
• DR. MANHATTAN (4 issues) – Writer: J. Michael Straczynski. Artist: Adam Hughes
• NITE OWL (4 issues) – Writer: J. Michael Straczynski. Artists: Andy and Joe Kubert
• OZYMANDIAS (6 issues) – Writer: Len Wein. Artist: Jae Lee
• SILK SPECTRE (4 issues) – Writer: Darwyn Cooke. Artist: Amanda Conner
Each week, a new issue will be released, and will feature a two-page back-up story called CURSE OF THE CRIMSON CORSAIR, written by original series editor Len Wein and with art by original series colorist John Higgins. There will also be a single issue, BEFORE WATCHMEN: EPILOGUE, featuring the work of various writers and artists, and a CRIMSON CORSAIR story by Wein and Higgins.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great
comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Last edited by Jan; 02-01-2012 at 04:28 AM.