View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 05:26 PM

Okay, it's Opening Day for Underworld: Awakening so I've changed the thread title to ***Spoilers*** - not possible, SPOILERS - so if you don't want to be SPOILED,

DON'T

READ

ANY

FURTHER!

Actually...I didn't really see much that I wasn't expecting. Lots of running, jumping, car action, shooting, bloodshed. Not a whole lot in the way of character moments but what there were were pretty good. Enough that I'd have liked a little more.

It was *short*, which I also knew from what I'd read online. Really, if it weren't for JMS' name on it, I'd never have spent 3-D prices on it (even if it were my sort of movie).

The introductory sequence did tell me what I needed to know so that I didn't have to wonder about it during the movie. There were some phrases that had me nodding and thinking I recognized JMS' phrasing and, though I know there were other writers, I couldn't help noticing the names David, Jacob and Sebastian.

One question, though: Why did they hang their frozen subjects upside-down? Didn't make sense to me.

Anybody else seeing it on opening day?

Jan
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017