View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 05:20 PM

All right, folks...I don't recommend things (well...non-B5 things) very often but this time I am and it's important if you want more movies done right. Go see JOHN CARTER. It *should* have been touted as being based on the Barsoom books by Edgar Rice Burroughs. It *should* have been named JOHN CARTER OF MARS - and we do get both of those at the very end. The movie does it right. It's not the books, it's a movie of today based on a book written early last century but it does it all while keeping the spirit of the books. You've got the brave fighting man, the beautiful princess (and she's a scientist and warrior, to boot!), fierce aliens, intrigue, sword fights...in short, it's nothing like the trailers and previews you've seen. Please...go see this and make it a success because they did it *right* (did I mention that they did it right?).

Jan
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017