JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Babylon 5

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 11-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Confirmed User

B5 Actor and Guest Star Sightings

While watching the Eagles game, I believe that I saw Christopher Neame, Knight Two from "Sky Full of Stars," who was in cyber whateveritwas with Sinclair. He plays an ancient sculpter in a Bud Light commercial.

I am convinced that sending information such as this, is a better use of my time, while watching football, than watching football and doing nothing.

Note - Bruce Boxleitner had a guest gig on Commander in Chief a couple of weeks ago.

__________________________________________________ __

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain

Last edited by moelawn; 11-14-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Ship's Surgeon

I made a thread a year or so ago entitled "B5 alum spotted," I believe. Perhaps we should merge these threads?

Bruce must be hard up for work to do CIC.
Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
I made a thread a year or so ago entitled "B5 alum spotted," I believe. Perhaps we should merge these threads?
I think the statute of limitations has run out on that one, ZD. I'll stick to merging active threads.

Quote:
Believe me, CiC is a huge step up from Young Blades which was painful to watch. When I was at the Rick Biggs memorial in March, I overheard him telling a fan that PAX wanted a period drama about the Musketeers without the trademark capes and hats and if they could have done away with the swords they would have. Apparently it was supposed to be a real drama and only became a dramedy by accident. Pity. There was actually some good acting in the few episodes I could bring myself to watch.

Jan
Old 11-15-2005, 06:10 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z'ha'dumDweller

Just two nights ago I was surfing through channels and saw a SciFi Original Picture about a sherrif fighting off mutant fish that crawled across the land and killed people. Bruce was the sherriff. Must be a HUGE let down to go from intelligent programming like B5 to, well, whatever that was.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:20 AM

"Snakehead Terror", I think. Or something like that. One of those Sci-Fi Channel Original Movies. Blech.

Jan
Old 11-15-2005, 06:30 AM

This is sad. Word was that Mira Furlan had filmed an episode of Night Stalker that was to air on Dec. 9. Now it appears that the show's been cancelled and it won't air.

On the good side, though, it's reported that she will be doing at least one additional episode of Lost. No info on when that'll show.

Jan
Old 11-15-2005, 06:30 AM
Confirmed User

Oh come on, don't dis The Snakehead Terror! If you love cheesy horror films, with bad monsters, this film is a really guilty pleasure! To be fair, Bruce does a perfectly respectable job, but some of the other actors (including The X-Files' William Davis) chew up more scenery than the killer fish.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:48 AM
Goddess of Good Taste

Agreed that "Snakehead Terror" wasn't the worst SciFi Original "creature-of-the-week" film that Bruce did. I mean, it did have a lot of fun, MST3K-able scenes. I guess it just made me sad that Bruce was so obviously a supporting player while the screaming teenaged girl was the lead. Ugh. It's the continuing sad story of "why can't these extremely talented actors who are older than 25 get cast in anything anymore??" Soon I fear we're going to be seeing 16-year olds playing lawyers and cops on procedurals. CSI: After School Internship. Ya know?

Anyway, having mildly defended Bruce for "Snakehead Terror," I have to put in here that the absolute worst SciFi Original movie he's done is "They Are Among Us." This is the one where he and Nana Visitor play the parents of a young guy who discovers the entire town's secret. Which, you can obviously guess from the title. Not a bad premise, but a very bad execution. What a stinker!
Old 01-26-2007, 01:20 PM
A Fan Of Pioneer

Send a message via MSN to DGTWoodward Send a message via Yahoo to DGTWoodward
Mainly for Uk fans, but others may be interested.....

Tony Todd will be in the UK this year at this event...

www.memorabilia.co.uk

and William Sanderson will be at this event (but his photo has yet to be posted on the site proper, his is a recent announcement, so he is in the 'forum' section until then)...

www.collectormania.com

I too saw Tracey on NIP/TUCK and considering she is such a strikingly attractive woman, they made her look just awful on the show.
47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Last edited by DGTWoodward; 01-26-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:21 AM
Confirmed User

I just had an unexpcted sighting. Went to Mount Vernon and in the new visitors center there is an 18 minute introductory film featuring none other than Peter Woodward as Gen. Braddock. Cool!
Old 04-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Confirmed User

I thought someone else would post it, but here goesĂ*

TV Land awards 2007: honors Taxi cast- what was up with Jeff Conway???
Old 04-27-2007, 10:52 AM

He looked horrible, didn't he? I'd heard he'd had a meltdown while on some reality show (The biggest loser?) and he appeared to be hanging on by sheer force of will. Given how the other castmembers patted him on the back after he spoke, I gathered that his apperance at all was fairly major. Hope he's all right.

On another note, Dylan Neal is on 'Blood Ties' on the Lifetime channel these days playing Det. Mike Celluci. The show is based on the 'Blood' novels by Tanya Huff which are about a former Toronto Policewoman who's now a private detective and her relations with Mike Celluci and a vampire who just happens to be the bastard son of Henry VIII. So far the acting is pretty uneven, especially by the actor playin Henry Fitzroy. He's very pretty but doesn't really carry the feel of a 430+ year old vampire yet. I'm enjoying the show, though.

Jan
Old 04-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
He looked horrible, didn't he? I'd heard he'd had a meltdown while on some reality show (The biggest loser?) and he appeared to be hanging on by sheer force of will. Given how the other cast members patted him on the back after he spoke, I gathered that his appearance at all was fairly major. Hope he's all right.
I did a Goggle search of Jeff Conway and the show was ôCelebrity Fit Clubö (donÆt watch reality shows thatÆs why I didnÆt know). It seems he was doing heavy drugs on the set and drop from that show. Too bad now that ôBabylon 5: The Lost Talesö has wrapped up their first DVD. It seems the messageboards are lighting up with comments about his TV Land appearance. I only wish he could straighten out and get some work, before things get worst.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: