JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Babylon 5

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.32 average. Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Jan's Avatar
Jan Jan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13,357
Silly B5 Quote Conversation

On the theory that it's just been too quiet around here for the past little while, I thought of something silly to do that might be fun.

Let's see if we can have a conversation using nothing but actual, but unrelated B5 quotes. Keeping it going is more important than making sense although it'd be cool if there was some insane kind of sense. For instance:

"Captain, either you snore or last night we had a hell of a breach in the hull."

"Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours."

"We are already in far greater jeopardy than you can possibly imagine."


So...who wants to play? Remember, this should be a conversation of sorts, not just a random bunch of quotes.

PS: If you're looking for quotes, this is a good site.

Jan
__________________
"Anyone who advocates for "alternative facts" has moved from the language of obfuscation to the language of tyranny." JMS Twitter Jan. 22, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-02-2007, 05:45 PM
FuryPilot FuryPilot is offline
Avoidin' cannon fire.
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Rockies
Posts: 270
"Nothing's the same anymore."

Let the games begin...

FP
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Jan's Avatar
Jan Jan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryPilot View Post
"Nothing's the same anymore."
"For the future."

Jan
__________________
"Anyone who advocates for "alternative facts" has moved from the language of obfuscation to the language of tyranny." JMS Twitter Jan. 22, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-02-2007, 06:11 PM
B5_Obsessed's Avatar
B5_Obsessed B5_Obsessed is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
"For the future."

Jan
The future isn't what it used to be
__________________
Only a fool fights in a burning house.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-02-2007, 06:12 PM
B5_Obsessed's Avatar
B5_Obsessed B5_Obsessed is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by B5_Obsessed View Post
The future isn't what it used to be
I'll reply to my previous pessimistic post with a meaningful retort.

"The future is always changing. We create the future: with our words, our deeds and with our beliefs."
__________________
Only a fool fights in a burning house.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Jan's Avatar
Jan Jan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13,357
"Maybe they should have labeled the future "Some assembly required."



Jan
__________________
"Anyone who advocates for "alternative facts" has moved from the language of obfuscation to the language of tyranny." JMS Twitter Jan. 22, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-02-2007, 06:16 PM
B5_Obsessed's Avatar
B5_Obsessed B5_Obsessed is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by B5_Obsessed View Post
I'll reply to my previous pessimistic post with a meaningful retort.

"The future is always changing. We create the future: with our words, our deeds and with our beliefs."
"Sometimes doing the right thing doesn't change anything. It can drive you crazy. It's all words. Just words."
__________________
Only a fool fights in a burning house.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-02-2007, 05:45 PM
SmileOfTheShadow's Avatar
SmileOfTheShadow SmileOfTheShadow is offline
Sleeping In Light
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
On the theory that it's just been too quiet around here for the past little while, I thought of something silly to do that might be fun.

Let's see if we can have a conversation using nothing but actual, but unrelated B5 quotes. Keeping it going is more important than making sense although it'd be cool if there was some insane kind of sense. For instance:

"Captain, either you snore or last night we had a hell of a breach in the hull."

"Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours."

"We are already in far greater jeopardy than you can possibly imagine."


So...who wants to play? Remember, this should be a conversation of sorts, not just a random bunch of quotes.

PS: If you're looking for quotes, this is a good site.

Jan


Oooh..that one could be fun. Especially now that I'm at work Another idea maybe would be, in honor of TLT a bunch of us start the show over and watch certain episodes around a certain timeframe and discuss? I know that'd be hard to coordinate maybe...but fun, definitely!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-09-2007, 01:04 PM
NotSoWize's Avatar
NotSoWize NotSoWize is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere in the mountains of Montana
Posts: 288
"It's all so brief, isn't it? Typical human lifespan is almost a hundred years, but it's barely a second compared to what's out there. It wouldn't be so bad if life didn't take so long to figure out. Seems you just start to get it right and then .. it's over."

(Good to see this, it's a lot of fun!)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-09-2007, 01:24 PM
RMcD RMcD is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoWize View Post
"It's all so brief, isn't it? Typical human lifespan is almost a hundred years, but it's barely a second compared to what's out there. It wouldn't be so bad if life didn't take so long to figure out. Seems you just start to get it right and then .. it's over."

(Good to see this, it's a lot of fun!)
"Tick. You're alive. Tock... Well, it was a good life, but a short one..."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-09-2007, 01:53 PM
NotSoWize's Avatar
NotSoWize NotSoWize is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere in the mountains of Montana
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcD View Post
"Tick. You're alive. Tock... Well, it was a good life, but a short one..."
When I thought I was going to die, even after everything that's happened, I realized I didn't want to let go. I was willing to do it all over again and this time I could appreciate the moments. I can't go back, but I can appreciate what I have right now, and I can define myself by what I am, instead of what I'm not."

"And what are you?"

"Alive. Everything else is negotiable."
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-09-2007, 04:07 PM
vacantlook vacantlook is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoWize View Post
When I thought I was going to die, even after everything that's happened, I realized I didn't want to let go. I was willing to do it all over again and this time I could appreciate the moments. I can't go back, but I can appreciate what I have right now, and I can define myself by what I am, instead of what I'm not."

"And what are you?"

"Alive. Everything else is negotiable."
"Just don't give away the homeworld!"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-09-2007, 04:42 PM
RMcD RMcD is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
"Just don't give away the homeworld!"
"I can give you reasonable assurances the head of security will not tell anyone about it.."
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-23-2008, 05:04 PM
kosh555 kosh555 is offline
One of the First Ones
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 60
"Never start a war but always finish it"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-23-2008, 05:05 PM
kosh555 kosh555 is offline
One of the First Ones
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 60
Kosh:

"Yes"
"No"
"Why"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.