JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Movies

Old 08-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
It would make an ideal coaster or frisbee!
You have to admit that it is visually astounding. If you don't enjoy the story just turn off the sound and enjoy the pretty pictures.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:20 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
You have to admit that it is visually astounding. If you don't enjoy the story just turn off the sound and enjoy the pretty pictures.
I did like some of the visuals, but would have been more enamoured had they not just ripped off Moebius / early French SF comics. The whole thing just rang very hollow for me, even when judged as a popcorn action film.

I can appreciate some folks enjoyed it, it just really wasn't for me. The pacing was awful, the script was pretty lamentable, the characters were shallow, and even the core idea was okay, but essentially just another riff on The Matrix (humans as food for the corporate machine). It's a shame, cause the world needs more original SF / Space Opera. And I know the Ws are capable of so much more.

I really enjoyed Sense8, the Ws seem to work so much better outside the constraints of Hollywood film making. Perhaps they need to team with JMS for an SF feature?!? We might get characters with some depth!

Kosh: Good!

Last edited by Ubik; 08-11-2015 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:18 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
I really enjoyed Sense8, the Ws seem to work so much better outside the constraints of Hollywood film making. Perhaps they need to team with JMS for an SF feature?!? We might get characters with some depth!
I would be interested in that but would have trepidation if it was B5. I have enjoyed the W's work. Haven't seen JA yet but certainly enjoyed Cloud Atlas more than what it seemed others did. But I don't know if I want them entering the B5 universe. Even though it could be brilliant.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:03 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastastu View Post
I would be interested in that but would have trepidation if it was B5. I have enjoyed the W's work. Haven't seen JA yet but certainly enjoyed Cloud Atlas more than what it seemed others did. But I don't know if I want them entering the B5 universe. Even though it could be brilliant.
Yeah I dunno, the possibility had crossed my mind of them being involved with the B5 feature. I'm unsure if the Ws being attached to a B5 film would do more harm than good, as their Hollywood cred has all but run dry as far as mainstream box office films goes.

However, they do still have quite some clout, and could be helpful in the funding department. Given they self funded a great deal of Cloud Atlas, they could definitely help and give pointers with that. Definitely good friends for JMS to have as they're used to deadling with big studios and features.

Actually, who am I kidding, having the Ws attached would give it way more chance of getting made.

Kosh: Good!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: