JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Sense8

Old 04-29-2017, 02:48 AM

Episode 203 - "Obligate Mutualisms" - SPOILERS

Second episode to drop on May 5.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Confirmed User

WOW! WOW! WOW! Episode Two and I have to be honest I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more engaged than I was at this point in Season One. I am also totally torn. I understand the GREAT desire to binge watch the whole season because I REALLY want to watch the next episode, but I also no I don't want this to end. There is so much happening I want savor it. Okay this is just an impulse post after viewing it. I might have more to say after I digest.

How weird is it that I mention Sun needs to be out of prison and BINGO she's out? lol
Old 05-14-2017, 12:34 PM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
WOW! WOW! WOW! Episode Two and I have to be honest I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more engaged than I was at this point in Season One. I am also totally torn. I understand the GREAT desire to binge watch the whole season because I REALLY want to watch the next episode, but I also no I don't want this to end. There is so much happening I want savor it. Okay this is just an impulse post after viewing it. I might have more to say after I digest.

How weird is it that I mention Sun needs to be out of prison and BINGO she's out? lol
I really enjoyed this season. Please binge the rest so we can discuss and debate more! I am a bit disappointed how quiet the episode threads have been!

Kosh: Good!
Old 05-15-2017, 07:13 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
I really enjoyed this season. Please binge the rest so we can discuss and debate more! I am a bit disappointed how quiet the episode threads have been!
I too am disappointed. Is it because everyone binge watched the Season? I have to admit that I couldn't help myself, I watched two last night because I hadn't been able to watch any for a few days.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:41 AM
Narn with key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
I too am disappointed. Is it because everyone binge watched the Season? I have to admit that I couldn't help myself, I watched two last night because I hadn't been able to watch any for a few days.
I binged the season and now I can't remember what happens in which episode. I'll post my impressions when I'm rewatching (which will probably be the last weekend this month).
"It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."
Old 05-15-2017, 10:38 AM
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
I binged the season and now I can't remember what happens in which episode. I'll post my impressions when I'm rewatching (which will probably be the last weekend this month).
As do I, I will be discussing at last some episodes of season 2 with Will Johnson on the Sense8 Podcast, starting with 2.02 tonight (6pm PT).

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Old 05-15-2017, 09:29 PM
Confirmed User

I'm watching it very slowly; no time for binging. Just finished this episode tonight.

The prison break was a lot of fun to watch. Nice to see a lot of answers about how the clusters work and some backstory on Jonas. The scenes with Angelica were done well where you could barely make out what was being said and learned about the ones who don't want to be part of the clusters. Almost a dreamlike look to the film. Figured that woman in the German apartment was a sense8 before the telepathic seduction scene. And the ending scene in the museum was a surprise and great cut to credits.

The show is definitely moving faster now.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:38 PM
Just a fan

I was clearing my bookmarks and came across this Sense8 review: http://www.schokkendnieuws.nl/recens...nse8-seizoen-2

The author says the "Night Watch" scene was "clearly" meta-commentary by the show's creators on how Sense8 is a true masterpiece that for now will be called messy, but one day people will recognize it for the masterpiece it always was and they couldn't see - just like the painting. (He also says he disagrees with the creators; the show is not a masterpiece).

That's certainly a take I didn't think of before reading it. Personally, I don't think this is was one of the points of the scene. The scene didn't strike me as self-referential at all. What do you guys think?
Old 07-15-2017, 12:54 PM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
I was clearing my bookmarks and came across this Sense8 review: http://www.schokkendnieuws.nl/recens...nse8-seizoen-2

The author says the "Night Watch" scene was "clearly" meta-commentary by the show's creators on how Sense8 is a true masterpiece that for now will be called messy, but one day people will recognize it for the masterpiece it always was and they couldn't see - just like the painting. (He also says he disagrees with the creators; the show is not a masterpiece).

That's certainly a take I didn't think of before reading it. Personally, I don't think this is was one of the points of the scene. The scene didn't strike me as self-referential at all. What do you guys think?
I would have to re-watch 203 to pass comment. Do you have a time index for the scene in question?

Old 07-15-2017, 01:12 PM
Just a fan

I think the museum scene is in the last 5-10 minutes of the episode, so it should be easy to find it.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:41 PM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post

Interesting re-watching this scene. I don't get the impression it's self referential in terms of the show being perceived as a 'masterpiece', more the shifting perception of society with regards new ideas, art and the collective consciousness of society. Both JMS and the Ws would have be pretty full of themselves to even make that kinda of meta commentary! Seems unlikely and I think the reviewer is reaching somewhat.

One thing that jarred with me most on re-watching this scene was the justification given for BPO's change of direction; that being 9/11, followed closely by the statement that "sensates by their very nature are a threat to secrecy and sovereignty".

All well and good, I can buy that, but I find this argument a bit weak in relation to 9/11 as catalyst for change, the thinking is slightly oudated, because terrorism at large is not about sovereign states at all, it's about the collapse of states and previously drawn boundaries of traditional conflict. It's about proxy wars fought during the cold war that have come back to haunt us. The war on terror is no longer defined by nation states as rational actor, or traditional spy networks. It doesn't make Sensates any more or less dangerous. It might make them an asset... if anything. They don't suddenly become more of a threat because of terrorist cells and religious extremeism. Hence, I am not sure the argument of paradigm shift due to 9/11 is very convincing. It definitely represents a paradigm shift for US foreign policy, buuut... yeah, I'm not seeing it. I find it all a bit confused and illogical.

That's all I got out of it! Hahahaha. Sorry, tangents. But the 9/11 thing bugged the hell out of me.

Last edited by Ubik; 07-15-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: