JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Sense8

Old 09-27-2017, 08:17 AM

For lack of a better place to put this. A *very* different view of the writing process for season 2.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/pe...ing-for-sense8

Quote:
While Lana, Lilly, and Joe were responsible for the foundations of the show—for all the characters and their narrative trajectories—my role was to make proposals that would be taken up by the other people in the room and spun around a few times. The version of the proposal that emerged would have little to do with the original, yet belonged to me as much as to everyone else.
Quote:
Over the course of three months or so, I sent in some hundred and twenty pages, happy in the knowledge that not a single one of them would make it to the final seven-hundred-page script in the form in which I had written it.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:54 AM
Just a fan

A post by additional score composer / score mixer Gabriel Mounsey made on June 9: https://www.facebook.com/gmounsey/po...19600344772376

(Yes, I still have stuff in my bookmarks to post about the second season.)

Quote:
Hi Guys. I think it’s time that i clear this up for the Sense8 community as many people continue to contact me directly asking about it and i see this question asked quite a bit on social media.

The music at the end of Season 2 Episode 5 where Riley drops the remix of the 4 Non Blondes tune “Whats Up”. Yes, I did indeed do that remix. Lana Wachowski was closely involved in its direction and Linda Perry was gracious enough to allow us to make it.

The remix itself is not commercially available at this point, which is why you wont find it on Spotify or with Shazam. I am told there are fake versions floating around that people have made, so you know.

Im not aware of any plan to release this piece commercially. Id guess that if there ever happened to be a soundtrack release for Season 2 there might be a good chance that it would make it on there, but i don’t know if this will happen in light of the shows plight.

So, yes, id personally love to see it released, but its not my decision to make. There are many people who’d need to agree and sign off to get it out there, and I cant see that happening at this point. Id be happy to be proven wrong. And no, I’m not going to bootleg a version out.

The other piece I’m often asked about is from Season 2 Episode 6 where Wolfgang and Felix are playing football with Kala watching. This is called “Under My Skin” and was written by myself, Lana Wachowski and Xoe Wise who did the vocals. This too hasn’t been commercially released so its in the same boat as the remix.

Thanks to all you fans of the show, the outpouring of support has been amazing. Us crew really put our heart and soul into this one
Old 10-31-2017, 03:03 PM
Just a fan

Somewhat relevant to season 2.

Andy Dick Fired From Movie Over Sexual Harassment Claims: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ram...claims-1053162

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter was not able to reach any of the alleged victims, however, two sources detailed Dick's inappropriate behavior, which included groping people’s genitals, unwanted kissing/licking and sexual propositions of at least four members of the production. It’s unclear if those involved were actors or crew.
Nothing new for him of course (I am surprised Lana hired (or more likely: asked for him) in the first place, although to be fair I thought he was great in the role and we didn't hear about him causing any trouble to the production).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: