JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Babylon 5

Old 11-29-2017, 04:59 PM
Confirmed User
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
I think what's brilliant about the ending of The Prisoner is precisely how it bursts out of its own reality into something much weirder and metaphorical. I don't think every show should do that, but I also think this is the only possible ending to The Prisoner.
Actually, there was an alternative ending that I think would have worked better.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:10 AM
[Zathras Conspiracy]
Originally Posted by alpha128 View Post
Actually, there was an alternative ending that I think would have worked better.
I've read about that, and hate it. Because while the current ending suggests at least some kind of hint of liberation, no matter how faint, the other ending accepts that imprisonment is forever - which is far more conformist than I think the spirit of the show is meant to be.

In any case, we can all agree that sometimes things are unfairly dismissed, and I'd just like to suggest that it's worth seeing Lost in a different light. The comments JMS made about Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions also pushed me to reconsider those widely dismissed movies, and I'm thoroughly grateful to him for that, so I'm just trying to pay it forward, so to speak.

Although anyone who thinks Sleeping in Light is boring should probably just be fired into the sun.
Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: