JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Babylon 5

Old 10-03-2017, 05:00 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Would love to see some screen caps, if anyone wants to indulge me. Not something I'm going to sign up for, but would be cool to see what all the excitement is about.

Kosh: Good!
Old 10-03-2017, 07:37 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I'm not really one for CGI but I really love the 4k ships, too.
And we can save those images to make really nice desktop wallpaper.

Neil
Old 10-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottenst View Post
And we can save those images to make really nice desktop wallpaper.

Neil
Yeah, it is so awesome. I just got a new laptop and it needed the upgrade on the wallpaper.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:01 PM

Latest update from B5 Books:

Quote:
SHIPPING STATUS
The 2-Volume Hardcover edition will ship in 85 days or less. The books are literally being printed right now (she says placing her hand on the Book of G'Quan).

We are using the same company as the Babylon 5 coffee table book and they - understandably -- won't give us a date until they are certain it's the correct date.

The cause of the delay are the free upgrades (J. Michael Straczynski signature, custom slipcase, double bookmarks, et al). For example they can't make the custom slipcases until they have finished printing the books so they are truly custom fitted.

Because we added the free upgrades after we put the book on sale we messed up the timeline.

We will email you the moment we have something more concrete than "85 days or less."

ACCESS TO ONLINE EDITION
As promised, three weeks ago, on Saturday, September 30 we sent out the login information for the Babylon 5 Encyclopedia to the email address you use for paypal.

If you paid for the online edition or got the bundle then you should have gotten this email. If not, simply reply to this email and let us know and we will resend the information.

Also, if you are on a payment plan and have made at least half your payments, reply to this email and we will grant you early access to the online edition.
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017
Old 10-19-2017, 10:38 PM
Confirmed User

What our fabulous mod failed to mention is, the email is signed by amongst others, Lt. Jan...
"There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "
Old 11-29-2017, 08:53 AM
Confirmed User

Since it has been some time (~40 days) since the last update, I am wondering what the current status is. I guess, shipping is now up to 45 days away.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:11 PM
Lurker in Brown Sector

I got an email today that lays out the timeline for shipments. The timeline is attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (87.5 KB, 42 views)
Old 11-30-2017, 10:50 AM
Confirmed User

Yes. I guess I knew in my bones, we should have been getting an update and there we did

So, shipping expected to start week of January 15 (first orders in go out first).

I still have no idea where I'll put it when it arrives.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:54 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
I got an email today that lays out the timeline for shipments. The timeline is attached.
OMG
Please: no heavy winter storms on the Pacific!

Stefan

--
"Perhaps it is time to stop sleeping on Minbari beds or breathing the air of the Vorlons chamber" [response to a jms tweet]
Old 01-02-2018, 11:57 AM

Message from Captain Jaclyn (though I'm pretty sure anybody here who's interested isn't procrastinating...)

Quote:
Big announcement coming from B5 Books. The entire team worked through holidays and are now 10 days ahead of the shipping schedule. Email going out tomorrow Wednesday, Jan 3) with all the details.

Alert from Captain Jaclyn to the PROcrastinators: Since the pre-order period will be officially over tomorrow, the prices go up tomorrow too. Do it now. B5books.com
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017
Old 01-03-2018, 11:48 AM
Lurker in Brown Sector

Quote:
Message from Captain Jaclyn (though I'm pretty sure anybody here who's interested isn't procrastinating...)
I got my email and paid my shipping.

Quote:
TO: All Pre-Order Peeps

By working through the holidays we got 10 days ahead of schedule, which means you could have your copy of the Babylon 5 Encyclopedia Signature Edition as soon as next week.

SHIPPING PAYMENT DUE
As you remember, when you pre-ordered the Babylon 5 Encyclopedia we could NOT include shipping fees in the pre-order price because we didn't have a final shipping weight. It's 8 lbs. (3.6 kg)

At that time we estimated that shipping would be $20 domestic and $80 international. After months of research and haggling we've got great news -

U.S. SHIPPING - Shipping starts immediately
$17.72 - priority mail 1-3 day with detailed tracking
$10.17 - media mail 2-9 days basic tracking (sent and delivered)

CANADA - Shipping starts Wednesday, January 10 2018
$39 via DHL for the 8 lbs/3.6 kg set; a savings of US$41 from our $80 estimate

WORLDWIDE - Shipping starts Wednesday, January 10 2018
$48 via DHL for the 8 lbs/3.6 kg set; a savings of US$32 from our $80 estimate

HOW SOON WILL MY ORDER SHIP AFTER I PAY FOR SHIPPING?
The book sets ship within 72 business hours of payment...or less.

I PRE-ORDERED THE BUNDLE BUT NEVER GOT A LOGIN FOR THE MULTIMEDIA EDITION
If you bought the bundle and think that you never got your login for the Multimedia Edition, click here to find out why.

I'VE MOVED SINCE I ORDERED. HELP.
No problem. You will be asked for your current shipping address as you go through the shipping/postage checkout cart.

I'M ON A PAYMENT PLAN. WHEN WILL I GET THE SHIPPING INVOICE?
Within a few days of the end of your plan. You can also pre-pay your shipping now and we will automatically send your set at the end of the payment plan.

I WANT TO PAY-OFF MY PAYMENT PLAN AND GET MY SET ASAP. IS THAT POSSIBLE? CAN YOU INCLUDE THE SHIPPING?
Absolutely. Just email us (or reply to this email) with the email address you use for PayPal.

I PRE-ORDERED THE ENCYCLOPEDIA WHEN IT WAS FIRST ANNOUNCED. AM I GETTING THE SIGNATURE EDITION?
Yes. ALL pre-orders are getting the Signature Edition.

The original product was a basic two-volume hardcover set. As the pre-order period progressed, we added 5 FREE upgrades to every order: (1) the Straczynski signature (2) custom fitted slipcase (3) slipcase embossing (4) dual ribbon bookmarks (5) and custom shipping box 100% at our expense and without raising the price.

I DIDN'T PRE-ORDER BUT REALLY, REALLY WANT THIS SIGNED EDITION. IS THAT STILL POSSIBLE?
Yes, if you hurry. Click here to order.

GREAT JOB GETTING THE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATE SO LOW, BUT I STILL NEED A PAYMENT PLAN FOR THE US$48. IS THAT POSSIBLE?
Absolutely. Just reply to the email with how many payments you would like and Lt. Brandon will set that up for you. As always there is no interest and no extra fees whatsoever for payment plans.

HOW ARE YOU DECLARING THE SET FOR CUSTOMS?
We state the set as a gift valued at US$50. (A gift from Zathras. Zathras good at gifts.) We are not including an invoice in the box either.

If you want a different declaration, we've added a section during the shipping checkout to state the declaration you prefer we use instead.

HOW ARE YOU PACKING THIS COLLECTION FOR SHIPPING?
In a 4-bumper box custom fitted for the Babylon 5 Encyclopedia. All four sides of the box have a 1.25-inch thick "moat" of cardboard around the edges.

One and a quarter inch might not sound like much (it didn't to us) until we ran several drop tests and realized that dings are nearly impossible, even on the corners. But that's not all: for additional shipping security, the product box is placed into a fitted shipping carton (so it doesn't slip around).

WE HAVE TO TELL YOU ABOUT THE SHRINK-WRAP.
This is not "symbolic shrink-wrap" that comes apart if you sneeze. This is industrial shrink-wrap. Thick and hearty. Have your pocket knife ready because a butter knife won't do it. When the sample came in, Captain Jaclyn walked around the office showing everyone how durable it was by asking them to try to pull it apart with her like a wishbone. (It's scary what gets us really excited for you guys.)

A Great Packaging Strategy Means Nothing
If You Don't Get a Perfect Product.

Which is why we 100% guarantee you receive a pristine Encyclopedia set, or we will reship 100% at our expense -- including the return, via pre-paid slip -- anywhere in the world. Just email us at help@b5books.com and it's handled.

CLICK HERE TO PAY YOUR SHIPPING
CLICK HERE TO ORDER A COPY IF YOU DID NOT PRE-ORDER

Any questions? Concerns? Reply to this email. We love hearing from you! Captain Jaclyn, Lt. Brandon and Lt. Jan
I went with the $10.17 Media Mail since I'm only about 240 miles from Los Angeles.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:55 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
I got my email and paid my shipping.
me too.
<UOH! Wrong connotation?>

Yes, I know. My sarcastic mode sometimes goes over the top. Far beyond the rim.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:27 AM
Confirmed User

I've been trying to pay my shipping, but I get a prompt that tells me the site is too busy and to try again later. Guess I will keep trying. We should all be honest, Looney is jinxed when it comes to dealing with B5Books. Thankfully the B5Books Team is VERY understanding.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
I've been trying to pay my shipping, but I get a prompt that tells me the site is too busy and to try again later. Guess I will keep trying. We should all be honest, Looney is jinxed when it comes to dealing with B5Books. Thankfully the B5Books Team is VERY understanding.
That's really odd we had HUGE numbers of people paying yesterday. Might want to email Lt. Brandon and let him know you're having trouble? Help@b5books.com
Old 01-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
That's really odd we had HUGE numbers of people paying yesterday. Might want to email Lt. Brandon and let him know you're having trouble? Help@b5books.com
Yeah I imagine. I was driving back from Texas yesterday so now I will be WAY down the list of when my shipment goes out, aka jinxed. LOL LOL LOL

Turns out that 5TH time was the charm. Payment made and confirmation has been received. (I was actually writing the email to them and decided to give it one more try. Maybe it was just a problem that lasted until 1:40CST.)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: