JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-03-2018, 08:23 AM
Confirmed User

B5Scrolls

That’s the main interviews back up – and in their new permanent format and location. The rest of the site is still more or less empty . . . at least for the moment.

A few of the previously existing interviews have new bits and pieces added to them – here’s a new page on John Copeland’s for example.

http://b5scrolls.com/B5ScrollsWorkin...#Screen1_09_10

Or an interesting titbit from Mark Kochinski about using lens flares that don’t look like lens flares – each plasma bolt from the Starfuries, for instance, are really 5 grouped flares linked together with motion blur.

http://b5scrolls.com/B5ScrollsWorkin...m#Screen1_12_4

Might add a link box to that page to show how it was done. . . . . Anyway. The addition of the link boxes throughout the site (not just the interviews) is a biggy. Here’s an example of what I mean – the red highlighted text beneath the image down at the bottom right.

http://b5scrolls.com/B5ScrollsWorkin...m#Screen1_01_2

I wasn’t sure about how often to use those (red) highlighted link boxes, or how much they should contain. But with things like script extracts, quotes and a variety of images and trivia, I think they add a nice layer of additional detail here and there – certainly better than the direct links to dead sites which they are replacing. Amazing how many of the original links were dead, moved or archived off.

Only one new interview - with Perry Kivolowitz – and it contains some interesting details, and perhaps my new favourite quote. It relates to the Amiga, and kind of puts into perspective just how much of a game changer that little platform really was.

Quote:
At a time when Apple was black and white and went boop, the PC was green and black and went beep. The Amiga had 4096 colors, polyphonic sound and a true preemptive multitasking operating system. Apple didn't get that last part until OS X.
There’s always more that could be added or might be added – currently two new folks, and you know who both of them are, are wanting to contribute but as always finding the time is the problem. . . . I could continue to wait, but decided the book has to close on the site, so hence the upload . . . Though I’ll hold that book open for any new content up to last minute – but when the download zip file is made available that will – finally – be the last update done and dusted.

Last edited by Triple F; 03-03-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:15 PM
Confirmed User

I am very lost as to what this post is saying about the Scrolls?
Old 03-04-2018, 07:21 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
I am very lost as to what this post is saying about the Scrolls?
What part?
Old 03-04-2018, 02:28 PM
Confirmed User

It just seems to begin as if you are answering a question that isn't there, like a post got deleted. I think I get what you were going for now with that beginning.

Okay so if I am reading it correctly,

There is a reason why things say "Under Construction" and that material will be back at some point.

There is going to be a download zip file that has EVERYTHING.

Then that will be the last thing.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:53 PM
Confirmed User

I do believe you have it more or less surrounded. : )
Old 03-05-2018, 04:31 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Keep up the good work. Always loved B5 Scrolls and the interview were / are very insightful, it's an angle that's only really been covered in such depth by your site.

Kosh: Good!
Old 03-14-2018, 02:50 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
Keep up the good work. Always loved B5 Scrolls and the interview were / are very insightful, it's an angle that's only really been covered in such depth by your site.
I fully agree!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: