JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Babylon 5

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 11-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Confirmed User

B5 Actor and Guest Star Sightings

While watching the Eagles game, I believe that I saw Christopher Neame, Knight Two from "Sky Full of Stars," who was in cyber whateveritwas with Sinclair. He plays an ancient sculpter in a Bud Light commercial.

I am convinced that sending information such as this, is a better use of my time, while watching football, than watching football and doing nothing.

Note - Bruce Boxleitner had a guest gig on Commander in Chief a couple of weeks ago.

__________________________________________________ __

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain

Last edited by moelawn; 11-14-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Ship's Surgeon

I made a thread a year or so ago entitled "B5 alum spotted," I believe. Perhaps we should merge these threads?

Bruce must be hard up for work to do CIC.
Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
I made a thread a year or so ago entitled "B5 alum spotted," I believe. Perhaps we should merge these threads?
I think the statute of limitations has run out on that one, ZD. I'll stick to merging active threads.

Quote:
Believe me, CiC is a huge step up from Young Blades which was painful to watch. When I was at the Rick Biggs memorial in March, I overheard him telling a fan that PAX wanted a period drama about the Musketeers without the trademark capes and hats and if they could have done away with the swords they would have. Apparently it was supposed to be a real drama and only became a dramedy by accident. Pity. There was actually some good acting in the few episodes I could bring myself to watch.

Jan
Old 11-15-2005, 06:10 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z'ha'dumDweller

Just two nights ago I was surfing through channels and saw a SciFi Original Picture about a sherrif fighting off mutant fish that crawled across the land and killed people. Bruce was the sherriff. Must be a HUGE let down to go from intelligent programming like B5 to, well, whatever that was.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:20 AM

"Snakehead Terror", I think. Or something like that. One of those Sci-Fi Channel Original Movies. Blech.

Jan
Old 11-15-2005, 06:30 AM

This is sad. Word was that Mira Furlan had filmed an episode of Night Stalker that was to air on Dec. 9. Now it appears that the show's been cancelled and it won't air.

On the good side, though, it's reported that she will be doing at least one additional episode of Lost. No info on when that'll show.

Jan
Old 11-15-2005, 06:30 AM
Confirmed User

Oh come on, don't dis The Snakehead Terror! If you love cheesy horror films, with bad monsters, this film is a really guilty pleasure! To be fair, Bruce does a perfectly respectable job, but some of the other actors (including The X-Files' William Davis) chew up more scenery than the killer fish.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:48 AM
Goddess of Good Taste

Agreed that "Snakehead Terror" wasn't the worst SciFi Original "creature-of-the-week" film that Bruce did. I mean, it did have a lot of fun, MST3K-able scenes. I guess it just made me sad that Bruce was so obviously a supporting player while the screaming teenaged girl was the lead. Ugh. It's the continuing sad story of "why can't these extremely talented actors who are older than 25 get cast in anything anymore??" Soon I fear we're going to be seeing 16-year olds playing lawyers and cops on procedurals. CSI: After School Internship. Ya know?

Anyway, having mildly defended Bruce for "Snakehead Terror," I have to put in here that the absolute worst SciFi Original movie he's done is "They Are Among Us." This is the one where he and Nana Visitor play the parents of a young guy who discovers the entire town's secret. Which, you can obviously guess from the title. Not a bad premise, but a very bad execution. What a stinker!
Old 11-15-2005, 07:12 AM
Confirmed User

Mind you, all I said was that it must have been a let down for him. It didn't really seem he was given a lot to sink his teeth into as actor. Beyond that, work is work, and I am fully convinced that SciFi wouldn't keep making monster movies if no one was tuning in.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:12 AM
Space for rent

Send a message via AIM to AaronB Send a message via MSN to AaronB Send a message via Yahoo to AaronB
Jan, I havn't seen the news that night stalker has been cancelled. Is there a url to this news? I did see that 7th Heaven and Arrested Development have been cancelled. I would like to know what kind of ratinging they expected going against The Apprentice and CSI. Talk about setting up a show to fail...

WRT Sci-Fi's Movies: It seems that anything which ins't real sci-fi that they put on is crap. Aside from the Friday night shows, when Stargate re-runs are on, or if I am home during the day I stay far away from Sci-Fi channel's programming.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaron
Jan, I havn't seen the news that night stalker has been cancelled. Is there a url to this news? I did see that 7th Heaven and Arrested Development have been cancelled. I would like to know what kind of ratinging they expected going against The Apprentice and CSI. Talk about setting up a show to fail...
This is the paragraph I got from ISNNews.net:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NIGHT STALKER CANCELLED
Variety reports that ABC has canceled NIGHT STALKER. ABC halted production on the series, an update of the 1970s series Kolchak: The Night Stalker, effective immediately. The episode originally scheduled for this week will be replaced by a two-hour edition of Primetime Live. The original Kolchak: The Night Stalker lasted one season on ABC (1974-'75). Six episodes of NIGHT STALKER have aired, while three more episodes are in the can, including the original pilot. The series' ratings in the 9 p.m. Thursday slot, opposite CSI and The Apprentice, were predictably poor, last week dipping to just under 4 million viewers.
I'm not sure where I read the other part, that last week was a cliffhanger and that they're not even planning to air the second part. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Jan
Old 11-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Goddess of Good Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkerCaste
Mind you, all I said was that it must have been a let down for him. It didn't really seem he was given a lot to sink his teeth into as actor. Beyond that, work is work, and I am fully convinced that SciFi wouldn't keep making monster movies if no one was tuning in.
WorkerCaste, I wasn't replying to you. I was replying to Joe Nazzaro's comment about not dissing "Snakehead Terror." I'm agreeing that it wasn't the worst ever SciFi original movie.

Regarding "The Night Stalker," shame on ABC for not airing the second episode of the two-parter.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:06 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyG
WorkerCaste, I wasn't replying to you. I was replying to Joe Nazzaro's comment about not dissing "Snakehead Terror." I'm agreeing that it wasn't the worst ever SciFi original movie.
Actually, I was responding to Joe's comments, too! So, we were, neither one of us, replying to the other! In fairness, though, Joe was right. I was dissing "Snakehead Terror." Mostly I was commenting on how it must be hard for an actor who has done some pretty damn fine work on a meaty role to move on to one that has less challenges to offer, but I did dis the movie with my "well, whatever that was" comment. For this, (and other unnamed actions) I am truly repentant. Let me say instead, it wasn't really my cup of tea.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Dr. Zelenka

Is this a case of "Now what we got here is a failure to communicate"? Oh what a brilliant quote. Perhaps we should start an off-topic thread 'Name the movie"?

Anyway, do we restrict ourselves to the present or can I mention "Sid the Snitch"? <insert-adulation-smiley-right-here-!!!>
Old 11-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Looking for Lunch . . .

... I recall Rob Reiner saying once (not to me personally ), "Something like 95% of actors are out of work. Of those 95%, probably half of them are hungry to some extent and can't even pay their rents. So you take what's available. Most don't have the luxury of refusing a script, no matter how dreadful."

... I haven't seen Bruce in anything at all lately because I don't have regular access to 'normal TV programming'. I think I'd like to see him in anything, actually.... Maybe he should come to Japan and be in one of these crazy stunt shows, swimming in a pool of snakes, or seeing precisely how large a hammer applied to the balls it takes to make him scream (Japanese TV is an entertainment wasteland).

Last edited by The Puzzled Pak'Ma'Ra; 11-15-2005 at 02:49 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: