JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Scripts

Old 05-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Confirmed User

Hello Jan,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
That said, anybody who wants to participate can always ask that they be sent via PM. Even if you don't visit regularly you can set your preferences to get an email any time you get a PM.
Thanks for the tip. I have now just turned on the email notification of PMs. If anyone wants in on this PM me your email address and I'll start putting a list together. I think I'll need to share the list with others on it so if there are any tips on how I can keep spammers from PMing me an email address just so they get a copy of the list is welcome. I'll see if I can come up with something workable by the time part 2 comes out. Looks like I'm limited to 70 PMs so if the demand is much bigger then I expect and my PM in box fills up be patient. All 70 slots are open right now, but I don't really expect that to be a problem.

Quote:
Is there something about those coupon codes that you couldn't post them in this thread? I don't think I've ever read that they're single-use codes but I could be wrong.
The last time I tried to use a coupon code of this type that was posted I couldn't. It is tied to the email address that it is sent to and the cafepress purchase must be made from an account tied to the email address the coupon is sent to. I also believe each email address that it is sent to can only use it once. Its been a while since I've tried however so I could certainly be wrong but I don't think posting the code would do any good. If anyone knows otherwise please speak up.

Quote:
As for whose pocket the coupon savings comes from, that's part of Cafe'Press' marketing so it wouldn't deprive JMS at all. It was nice of you to think about that, though.
That's good. I certainly didn't want to take anything away from JMS. But I sure don't mind helping cafepress spend their marketing budget.

Thanks,
Carl
Old 07-14-2009, 07:09 AM
Confirmed User

I still haven't received any PM's. Volume 2 is scheduled to come out on the 16th and I should be able to send out 5 coupons myself when I place my order. Anyone interested please PM me your email address.

If you do PM me... be patient. My father-in-law passed away this morning so I'll be rather tied up here in the near term so I'm not sure how quickly I'll be able to place my order. I would think no later then Monday the 20th.

If anyone wants to send me a coupon let me know and I'll PM you my email address.

Thanks,
Carl
Old 07-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Confirmed User

From
http://deallocker.com/coupon/cafepress.com/
there are a few coupons. The first two are "guaranteed" to work.

$5 off orders over $40 SRV820

Get FREE shipping on orders over $65 from CafePress! Use coupon code "FreeSummer"

$5 off any purchase of $50 or more. MOUSEERASER
Old 07-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottenst View Post
From
http://deallocker.com/coupon/cafepress.com/
there are a few coupons. The first two are "guaranteed" to work.

$5 off orders over $40 SRV820

Get FREE shipping on orders over $65 from CafePress! Use coupon code "FreeSummer"

$5 off any purchase of $50 or more. MOUSEERASER
The first, and last didn't work. My two book order doesn't qualify for the middle one.

I guess cafe press is cutting down on coupon offers. I used to be able to find a $5.00 off coupon for $50 without much work.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Goddess of Anxiousness

Quote:
Originally Posted by glindros View Post
I guess cafe press is cutting down on coupon offers. I used to be able to find a $5.00 off coupon for $50 without much work.

Of the many sites I used to go to to look up coupons, only one has a coupon that expired on July 12th. It seems that CP must have cracked down on all the websites offering them. Since I only buy each book as it comes out, I'm not eligible for ANY of the coupons any more. I loved them, but sadly, they are no more....
Old 07-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Of the many sites I used to go to to look up coupons, only one has a coupon that expired on July 12th. It seems that CP must have cracked down on all the websites offering them. Since I only buy each book as it comes out, I'm not eligible for ANY of the coupons any more. I loved them, but sadly, they are no more....
Over at retailmenot.com they state that cafepress has asked them to not list coupons, and then list other companies with similar product lines. Heh.

If only I had enough patience to order a few at a time.

Last edited by glindros; 07-18-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by glindros View Post
The first, and last didn't work. My two book order doesn't qualify for the middle one.

So much for that site's guarantee that those would work. There should still be plenty of $5.00 off coupon for $50 coupons around from recommending Cafe Press to other email addresses. I guess I'll just order the book on its own and not try to increase my order in order to fit into a coupon.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:39 AM
Confirmed User

I just sent the cafe press coupon thing to a few emails. I don't see why I shouldn't post it here.
Quote:
Per your request, we just sent your friends an email with a coupon for $5 off any purchase of $50 or more. This is the only communication your friends will receive from us unless they request to be emailed again.

For your efforts, here is your coupon code: POPPYPOINTS. This offer is valid until Jul 27, 2009.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Confirmed User

I'm back and I've just ordered Volume 2. Never did get any PMs but it looks like cafepress has changed things again so there is no point in going the PM rought. I tried nottenst's coupon code and it just said my purchase didn't apply as my total was less then $50. I was expecting it to say something about my email address not being valid for that coupon code as I expected only the friends he mailed it to would be able to use it. That no longer seems to be the case but by raising the minimum purchase from $25 to $50 it no longer helps if one is just buying one of these books anyways. Oh well... I tried.

Carl
Old 07-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwmwww View Post
by raising the minimum purchase from $25 to $50 it no longer helps if one is just buying one of these books anyways. Oh well... I tried.

Carl
In the past I have gone to other cafe press sites and bought some magnets, prints, a CD once or other things that look interesting in order to use a coupon. There is a lot out there.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Confirmed User

I sent off some email addresses and got the latest coupon code - which I also think I saw online somewhere:
Quote:
Per your request, we just sent your friends an email with a coupon for $5 off any purchase of $50 or more. This is the only communication your friends will receive from us unless they request to be emailed again.

For your efforts, here is your coupon code: SECONDLITER. This offer is valid until Aug 20, 2009.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:21 AM
Gary

Got this email this morning.

20% off Cafe Press stuff 12/26/09 - 12/27/09 only.

code REWARD20

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: