Old 05-05-2017, 01:49 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Why the hell am I at work and not watching the new Season!?! Arggghhh

Kosh: Good!
Old 05-05-2017, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
Why the hell am I at work and not watching the new Season!?! Arggghhh
I know, right! This whole adulting thing sucks. I did watch one episode, though. I wanted to be part of the 'I watched the minute it dropped' cluster so I got up at 3 AM.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:09 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I know, right! This whole adulting thing sucks. I did watch one episode, though. I wanted to be part of the 'I watched the minute it dropped' cluster so I got up at 3 AM.
That's true dedication Jan, I could have stayed up, but needed sleep more than I needed TV.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
That's true dedication Jan, I could have stayed up, but needed sleep more than I needed TV.
Well, I did it for the first season so, as Delenn would say, "This is my tradition!"

Of course, then I set the alarm clock but screwed up and set it for PM so I ended up oversleeping.... sigh...
Old 05-05-2017, 12:56 PM
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum

I just finished, and it is a great ride.

I noticed several JMS-isms, but will have to re-watch to get them in more detail.
A few nice call-backs to season one.

The story is really moving forward.

Love it ! Season as a whole after 1st watch : 8.5/10

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Old 05-07-2017, 06:05 PM

Just finished and really need to start the re-watch right away. I enjoyed it a lot - an awful lot. It was like coming home to loved friends in a lot of ways. A lot of the humor was till there even though things seriously got moving. I think the holiday special was a great idea since it covered the time it took for the cluster to really learn about each other. When I re-watch, I'm definitely going to start from the special.

But I admit that nothing came close to touching me emotionally this season as the birthing scene did last season. I felt that there was less 'staying in the moment' for the sake of cutting between the cluster-mates. This surprised me, given what I've read of how Lana directs.

Was something very different about the sound editing this season or do I really need to get my hearing checked? During memory scenes there were quite a few things that Angelica would be saying that I could only get impressions of due to reverb. Maybe that was the way it was supposed to be but I found it annoying. And there were another few scenes where dialogue was overpowered by the music.

Going to wait a couple of days and start the re-watch and maybe do some commenting on individual episodes.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:54 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Just finished and really need to start the re-watch right away. I enjoyed it a lot - an awful lot. It was like coming home to loved friends in a lot of ways. A lot of the humor was till there even though things seriously got moving. I think the holiday special was a great idea since it covered the time it took for the cluster to really learn about each other. When I re-watch, I'm definitely going to start from the special.

But I admit that nothing came close to touching me emotionally this season as the birthing scene did last season. I felt that there was less 'staying in the moment' for the sake of cutting between the cluster-mates. This surprised me, given what I've read of how Lana directs.

Was something very different about the sound editing this season or do I really need to get my hearing checked? During memory scenes there were quite a few things that Angelica would be saying that I could only get impressions of due to reverb. Maybe that was the way it was supposed to be but I found it annoying. And there were another few scenes where dialogue was overpowered by the music.

Going to wait a couple of days and start the re-watch and maybe do some commenting on individual episodes.
Great to hear that Jan. I too am enjoying this so much. I have just one episode left now! It has everything I wanted from S2, and it really is stuffed full of plot advancement. I still think there are some beautiful moments, but compared to S1 things are moving much faster, but this makes sense in terms of what the cluster are going through.

I agree with you on the sound mix. I had moment where I really struggled to understand some of Sun's dialogue. I think the reverb / delay effects are very much meant to slightly obscure what is being said, and leave us wondering a bit.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:25 AM

Can't watch this while at work but it looks like another small 'making of' video:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/05/16...he-shows-scope

Quote:
Exclusive: The cast of Netflix's Sense8 on the rising stakes and greater understanding the recently-debuted second season offers.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:20 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Was something very different about the sound editing this season or do I really need to get my hearing checked? During memory scenes there were quite a few things that Angelica would be saying that I could only get impressions of due to reverb. Maybe that was the way it was supposed to be but I found it annoying.
No that's not your hearing. The sound is very faded and dreamlike with the Angelica scenes.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:39 AM
[Zathras Conspiracy]

My wife and I finished watching Season 2 yesterday. 10/10. More like 25/10. Truly great artists working at a *very* high level. The sheer philosophical ambition of this makes it unlike almost any other show on TV. The only show that's working on as high a level is The Leftovers.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:28 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
My wife and I finished watching Season 2 yesterday. 10/10. More like 25/10. Truly great artists working at a *very* high level. The sheer philosophical ambition of this makes it unlike almost any other show on TV. The only show that's working on as high a level is The Leftovers.
I thought The OA had the same level of artistry and beauty. Loved this second season of Sense8 too. Probably a solid 8/10 for me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: