JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Sense8

Old 06-06-2017, 07:28 PM

This is a nice article. I don't agree with #11 necessarily, but still nicely said.

https://memeburn.com/2017/06/sense8-reasons-cancelled/
Old 06-06-2017, 07:51 PM
Just a fan

Also, on #11 they wrote US instead of UK lol!
Old 06-07-2017, 07:51 AM
Just a fan

This is a better translation of the Italian fanpage's comment that I posted on the previous page: http://ww-n-double-d.tumblr.com/post...talia-fan-page (Thanks Jenna and her readers!)

Quote:
Lana received the news yesterday as soon as she came back, she was disappointed, especially because Netflix didn’t even say a word to her about it. It’s not that she didn’t comment because she’s ok with the decision, she’s far from ok with it! But Netflix prefers to go for 5 TV shows with a low budget rather than for a show like this (Sense8). That’s what their business has come to now. Good to know.
Posted on June 2, which indicates Lana also learned of the news on June 1, like JMS.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
Posted on June 2, which indicates Lana also learned of the news on June 1, like JMS.
JMS found out the final decision in the trades - but that doesn't mean that he/they didn't have any inkling before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS
Some of us, myself included included, didn't even know the plug had been finally pulled until we read it in the trades.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:04 AM
Just a fan

I am aware! I have made the same comment/interpretation here: http://jmsnews.com/forums/showpost.p...3&postcount=14

Quote:
I guess with "finally" he means he knew they were thinking of canceling it but Netflix never notified him in advance that the decision had been made?
Old 06-09-2017, 03:56 AM
Just a fan

From the Italians.. https://www.facebook.com/Sense8Itali...7139497792403/

(Translation: )

Quote:
After days of silence, there was a first response from Netflix on the media.

While from the "behind the scenes" everything is silent. A meeting has been asked these days to try to reopen things, but Netflix has not spoken (not yet or, at this point, it will never do). Lana Wachowski was notified of the cancellation by phone after weeks of silence, when in the previous months, at least in words, the third season was virtually guaranteed. We can say that Lana and the rest of the production were immediately available to a low budget solution to give a finale worthy of the series, but Netflix did not speak. Lana, as a film maker, artist and activist, is proud of everything we've put on the world stage to bring Sense8 back to life, but at this time she can not say publicly, and anyway the ball is only and exclusively in the hands of the colossus Of streaming. The latter holds the rights of the series and so wants to keep doing so, so that you can still keep the two seasons in place on its platform. There is no move to another platform or issuer, there is no deal of any kind because Netflix has, today, decided to play the silence with everyone, even inside.
Since even they don't have anything more encouraging to say... that's all folks.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:40 AM
Vorlon Visitor

On the Sense8 facebook page today:

Quote:
To our Sense8 family...
We've seen the petitions.
We've read the messages.
We know you want to #RenewSense8,
and we wish we could #BringBackSense8 for you.
The reason we've taken so long to get back to you is because we've thought long and hard here at Netflix to try to make it work but unfortunately we can't.
Thank you for watching and hope you'll stay close with your cluster around the world.
#SensatesForever
So, this is where it ends.

Kosh: Good!
Old 06-11-2017, 09:23 AM
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
On the Sense8 facebook page today:

So, this is where it ends.
Not really- Now we continue contacting Netflix (They just want this storm to blow over), but more importantly :

Now it is time to get many, many more new eyes on the series, viewing numbers (=money) is the only thing execs will understand.

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Old 06-12-2017, 10:38 AM
Just a fan

An amusing rumor! http://ctvaudiencia.com/bomba-silvio...-nobre-do-sbt/

Silvio Santos, "Brazilian TV show host and entrepreneur" with a net worth of US$2.3 billion according to wikipedia, wants Netflix to allow him to show Sense8 on SBT, his television network and second largest in Brazil. His goal is to increase viewership so that Netflix will one day finance a third season, since they have commented viewership wasn't large enough.

The only piece of information that can be confirmed is that Santos and Hastings know each other, and the latter has gifted Santos a lifetime subscription to Netflix. https://www.forbes.com/sites/anderso.../#29562cf66fb0

I'm 99.999999999999% certain the rumor is false, but I found it amusing enough to post it!
Old 06-26-2017, 09:02 PM
Just a fan

Rumor! https://www.reddit.com/r/Sense8/comm...ectric_forest/

Quote:
Guys....... GUYS!!!!!!!! You will never believe what happened to me this weekend at Electric Forest... I ran into Lana Wachowski DAY ONE!!! I was giving away clothing pins and saw her (and crew)! I thanked her for the amazing series they created and had a real "fan girl" moment. The best news? She said they are fighting for a 2 hour special (She said "the only hope is a 2 hour special)!!! Keep fighting, keep pushing, and specifically demand a 2 hour special! They were touched by the fan's response to this, so KEEP FIGHTING #BringBackSense8
Unfortunately the account had only 2 posts before making this thread. They also posted no pictures or other proof.

On the plus side, at least one person of Lana's crew was indeed at Electric Forest in the weekend, namely associate producer Aimee Allegretti: https://www.instagram.com/p/BVpiCI1BUrr/

Very interesting!
Old 06-27-2017, 07:12 AM
Just a fan

Ok, did some research.

That girl's account might be newish on reddit, but she has a Twitter profile since 2011 ( she also tweeted about her encounter: https://twitter.com/Ashmlittle/statu...03090138542082 ) and nothing in her profile stands out as trollish.. trying to instigate things, provoke, make claims, being loud, obnoxious, whatever. She just seems like a Sense8 fan.

This is a good start, figuring that it's not a throwaway account.

She also has tweets about Michigan dating 1 or more years, and Electric Forest is indeed in Michigan. This is also good, and at the very least I think I believe that this girl was indeed at Electric Forest.

But.. was Lana also there? Or did she dream about meeting her? (lol) And if she was, was that exactly what she said, or things got lost in the fangirling translation? I don't know about that, but now I do feel a bit more positive towards it, and I will not dismiss it given she also claimed Lana's "crew" was there, and we indeed have confirmation about one Kinowerks employee attending.

I hope someone spots Lana's hair (lol) wherever she goes, Michigan, Chicago, whatever, and asks her about it.

Last edited by sense8ional; 06-27-2017 at 07:14 AM.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:45 AM
Just a fan

Aaand.. confirmed, Lana was there, as someone else also spotted her there, and that is before that girl made the claim.

Here is what I found: https://twitter.com/shaflanagans/sta...11726412984321

Quote:
When you're pretty sure Lana Wachowski was in front of you at Electric Forest last night
It was posted on June 24, 2017.

That means Lana attended June 23, which fits with what that girl said about Lana being there day 1 (technically, day 1 was June 22, but maybe Lana went two days, or maybe there's some other mix up of +/- 1 day).

Now the only question is, is that exactly what Lana said? Because now I consider it as a fact that Lana was there and a conversation took place.. I just don't know if that's exactly what she said..
Old 06-27-2017, 08:25 AM

Good detective work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
Now the only question is, is that exactly what Lana said? Because now I consider it as a fact that Lana was there and a conversation took place.. I just don't know if that's exactly what she said..
Even if what the poster said was an exact quote, that "they are fighting for a 2 hour special (She said "the only hope is a 2 hour special)!!!"... I say it's nonsense. Who's "they" in that context? Obviously not JMS since he said on no uncertain terms on the 25th:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS
As noted here several times, that ship has sailed.
And on the 20th:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS
All I can tell you is that there are no plans and no conversations going on about that.
People (not necessarily here) tend to forget that Lana, though head honcho on the set this past season, is part of a group of three that formed Unpronounceable Productions. She's got no more power or influence than JMS or Lilly.

So as far as I'm concerned Lana either didn't want to crush a fan's hope or deliberately wanted to fan the campaign of fans bothering Netflix in hope of something happening. The former might be forgiven but not the latter.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:40 AM
Just a fan

The reddit post doesn't say Lana told us to keep fighting (at least that's my understanding of it, admittedly it's a little ambiguous whether the user wrote it themselves or she was told by Lana (not to write it of course, but as a "good work, keep it up" thing)). The poster wrote they are fighting for it.

Of course the question is how do you make this statement compatible with JMS' statement? Well, from my point of view, if JMS well and truly sees it as being over and dismisses it as having no chance, while Lana doesn't see it that way, perhaps Lana might be fighting alone for it?

Ultimately, to me, Lana's statement (if she really said that) is not incompatible with JMS', unless she specifically said "JMS also fights for it!".
Old 06-27-2017, 09:49 AM
Just a fan

The redditor posted a detailed account, and not only it doesn't sound like Lana told us to fight, she didn't even say they are fighting for it?

Quote:
******** "Detailed" account of interaction (it's not super detailed at all)************

So I'm wandering through the forest on the first day thinking about how awesome it was just enjoying life. I look ahead up the path and see bright pink dreads and think "wtf... NO WAY" like the Christmas episode when Lana made a cameo in Berlin. I had to do a lap or two to confirm it was her, and sure enough it was. I kinda stalked a tiny bit deciding if I should say any thing .. didn't want to be a creep. I decided to buck up and do it, when would I ever get a chance to do this kind of thing again? I walked up to her while she was standing in line and gave her a clothes pin my crew decorated. I then asked her name and she said "I'm Lana" and I responded "I thought it was you".

I then proceeded to gush and told her things like " I've never fallen in love with a show the way I fell in love with show" and she introduced me to the crew she was with, since they all worked on the show. She was very kind and sweet to me. I thanked them for the work they did in creating such an awesome show. They were all so kind. We talked a tiny bit about the fan response and I had mentioned that "I would take any thing, a book series or a graphic novel/comic book because of the visual nature of the show" she said "There is only one hope' I freaked out and she said "the only hope is a 2 hour special" I kinda freaked out a bit after that (little hazy too) and said how awesome that would be.

At this point I became very self conscious and figured I should leaver them all alone to enjoy Electric Forest so I said my good byes and scampered away. I ran into my group at this point and tried not to gush...to no avail. We started walking back to a stage close to where I ran into Lana (Jubilee if you were wondering) and talked about the clothes pins and who we've given them out to. I yelled " I GAVE ONE TO LANA!!!" and smh she walked right by AGAIN as I did this (looking like a fool gushing). At that point I realized 1) I was not dreaming 2) This was real life. I gave them another clothes pin and gave them a "Happy Forest" and scampered away. Can't believe how thankful I am to be able to experience that. Here is a photo of me on the first day as the gates were opening up: http://i.imgur.com/Biaaciz.jpg
I don't know if she forgot to write Lana said they are fighting for it in her detailed account, or she realized Lana simply never said it, she just implied if something ever happens, that a special is the best possible they can get Netflix to do. Huh!

Last edited by sense8ional; 06-27-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: