JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Sense8

Old 07-20-2017, 04:15 PM
Just a fan

Herrera interview: http://deadline.com/2017/07/comic-co...ls-1202132049/

Quote:
DEADLINE: And, of course, there was Netflix suddenly bringing Sense8 to an end after two seasons with the story left unfinished.

HERRERA: It was more or less the same with both shows. There was a lot of uncertainty for one show and for the other show. What I can tell you is that the day of the announcement, I received an email from Netflix’s Peter Friedlander, who is an amazing guy, and he thanked me for all the effort that we all did and specifically for all the effort that we did in Mexico City. And I said, well, that was it. I have to say goodbye in my own personal way to my character from Sense8, to Hernando.

DEADLINE: But not really goodbye after all…

HERRERA: Exactly, then suddenly, this huge hurricane came of fans after the release about Sense8 came. Thanks to them, we’re back on track, and we have this two-hour special that we’re going to do — though I still have no idea when they’re going to do this.

DEADLINE: Have you spoke with Lana, and Lilly, and J. Michael since Netflix decided to bring Sense8 back for the two-hour finale? Have they given you any sense of when this might happen?

HERRERA: Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. I sent Lana an email of happy birthday not so long ago, and she responded with a beautiful email, but we didn’t talk about the storyline. We just talked, about her birthday and how happy she was, and that was it.

DEADLINE: So, nothing is scheduled yet?

HERRERA: (laughs) I still have no idea how they’re going to manage to accommodate all the schedules, but I know they’re going to do it. Because thanks to the fans, I do think that miracles happen, and thanks to the fans for bringing Sense8 back.
Like I said a few posts ago, Lana's birthday was before the special was officially announced, so she couldn't have told him at that point (at least not formally), assuming it had already been decided.

Last edited by sense8ional; 07-20-2017 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:45 PM
Just a fan

It says "Finale Coming in 2018" now on the official page: https://www.netflix.com/sense8

Or at least I noticed it now and it could have been there for a while, but I'm pretty sure last time I checked extensively and it absolutely wasn't there was like a week ago, so it must be a recent addition. Or at least a recent addition for my region, and without being logged in.

I hope the message encourages new viewers to give the show a chance.

Last edited by sense8ional; 07-21-2017 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:53 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
It says "Finale Coming in 2018" now on the official page: https://www.netflix.com/sense8

Or at least I noticed it now and it could have been there for a while, but I'm pretty sure last time I checked extensively and it absolutely wasn't there was like a week ago, so it must be a recent addition. Or at least a recent addition for my region, and without being logged in.

I hope the message encourages new viewers to give the show a chance.
It's been there for awhile now. Some people on the facebook group posted about it quite some time ago, and it definitely showed "Finale Coming in 2018" for me around last week as well
Old 07-22-2017, 09:25 AM

Here's the part from yesterday's panel about Sense8:

Quote:
When a fan asked about Sense8, it was pretty shocking. Not *necessarily* bad, but certainly not encouraging. What he said, in a close paraphrase is that the show has "in theory" gotten approval for a 2-hour finale *but* so far there's been no movement on making that happen. Nobody's started negotiating with anybody yet. No timetable is set and with the actors all doing their own things, scheduling is likely to be difficult. JMS hasn't heard directly from Netflix and neither has the cast so he doesn't know exactly where it stands. So far all there is is the note that everybody saw. He's not saying that it won't happen but so far the steps to make it real haven't happened yet.
If he says anything more today at his writing panel, I'll let you know.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:02 AM
Just a fan

Quote:
JMS hasn't heard directly from Netflix
This, I believe because JMS of course knows what his self has or has not heard about.

Quote:
neither has the cast
That, I'm not sure he would know. Did he call all 8 of them and they told him "no, I haven't heard from Netflix"? If he had worded it "Netflix hasn't reached us" (whoever "us" might be), I would believe it, but by specifying the cast hasn't heard anything? I'm not saying I'm not believing it, but I will say it might be an assumption.

edit And as always, thank you Jan for the detailed report!!

Last edited by sense8ional; 07-22-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
That, I'm not sure he would know. Did he call all 8 of them and they told him "no, I haven't heard from Netflix"? If he had worded it "Netflix hasn't reached us" (whoever "us" might be), I would believe it, but by specifying the cast hasn't heard anything? I'm not saying I'm not believing it, but I will say it might be an assumption.
With the possible exception of Toby Onwumere, I'd say that there's every probability that JMS has the private emails of the whole cast and they have his. Not to mention the wonders of texting and the like . So, I'm going to assume that if he didn't know in some cases, he'd probably have phrased it that the cast he's been in touch with haven't heard from Netflix.

Much more to the point, though, is that reports of Lana writing the special are either false or she's doing so on spec - not necessarily a good thing to do with a property she doesn't own regardless of expected negotiations.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:29 AM
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum

The Australian ABC had a nice piece about telepathy and a segment near the beginning of the program, talking about Sense8 :

https://radio.abc.net.au/programitem/pe9D2O8pV3

As usual, they only mention the Wachowskis as creators, but the treatment was pretty good. They were talking about the visiting and sharing aspects, and, of course, the empathy, and the massive fan reaction to the cancellation.
the first 20 minutes are introductory, then the Sense8 talk takes 15-20 min.

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Old 07-23-2017, 06:13 PM

Just saw a tweet from JMS:

Quote:
Quote:
Done trying to give accurate info and getting trashed, day ruined by a small but persistent group of nutbars. No further #sense8 replies.
5:28 PM - 23 Jul 2017
Looks like he had enough of a group of fans. Don't blame him. I saw some little twit wag her finger at him for having been negative and acting like the fans fighting for the show were due some special recognition.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:52 PM
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Just saw a tweet from JMS:

Looks like he had enough of a group of fans. Don't blame him. I saw some little twit wag her finger at him for having been negative and acting like the fans fighting for the show were due some special recognition.
It makes me sad that a small vocal group can ruin it for the other fans. I hope JMS will reconsider at some stage, so we can get more reliable info. BTW some of the "other fans have started a sort of support tweeting to JMS, so there may be hope, still, for more info.

Some people don't know the difference between realistic and negative, I suppose.

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Old 07-23-2017, 08:44 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
So if I am reading that correctly, he was being adamant about there being no more seasons without revealing there might be something else in the works is all that really happened there.

I am so relieved we're getting closure all around. Yes it would be great to continue, but if it isn't we at least get closure. I imagine it is going to be something REALLY special.
I'm with Looney. And I say that with PRIDE.

I am glad I don't have fans. When he's tried to inform his fanbase of a possibility and that doesn't work out, he's leading us on. When he thinks something is over and the network(Netflix) is pretty clear about that, then a hoard of crazy fans respond and a 2-hour finale sound mighty fine, then he's criticized for not "fighting" for his art.

I am glad I don't have fans.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:38 AM
Just a fan

People are idiots! And I say that as someone who since the announcement of the special has chosen to take JMS' tweets with a grain (or two...) of salt. Insulting him makes me furious!!
Old 07-24-2017, 05:45 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Ahh people on social media with opinions... never gets old.

At least Joe has been very straight with fans and not building false hope. Fandoms can sometimes be awful.

Kosh: Good!
Old 07-26-2017, 12:59 PM
Just a fan

Silvestre revealed in an interview with Italian magazine TV Sorrisi where they will be filming for the special: https://www.facebook.com/Sense8Itali...83305295175823

(Translation: )

Quote:
I can say that we will be in Paris, London, Berlin and Italy! I do not know where [in Italy], I would personally like to spend some time in Rome.
Things are definitely moving! I am not surprised they will be filming again in Italy. It would make sense if Malerba can help provide them the necessary means cheap / efficient in his home country. Same reason that Berlin is kind of a shoo-in location every season, given Tykwer is from there.

edit Unless I am mistaken, our Italian friends claim they will reveal tonight exactly where and when they will be filming in Italy - something not even Silvestre knows!

Last edited by sense8ional; 07-26-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:27 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Silvestre revealed in an interview with Italian magazine TV Sorrisi where they will be filming for the special.

Things are definitely moving! I am not surprised they will be filming again in Italy. It would make sense if Malerba can help provide them the necessary means cheap / efficient in his home country. Same reason that Berlin is kind of a shoo-in location every season, given Tykwer is from there.

edit Unless I am mistaken, our Italian friends claim they will reveal tonight exactly where and when they will be filming in Italy - something not even Silvestre knows!
I assume filming in Berlin is due to them using Studio Babelsberg where they shot Wolfgang's torture scene, some BPO lab scenes and Sun's prison break fight scene.

Hopefully Miguel's list is just an incomplete one! Or at least just one where Lito would be showing up. Would be disappointed to not see any closure for some of the other sensates (Sun and Capheus in particular).

Italy is an interesting addition though, I wonder which of the 8 will be going there physically
Old 07-26-2017, 01:38 PM
Just a fan

In my opinion there's a chance for the list to be the final, complete, one, or close to final. I always thought this was going to be a "London-focused" episode as I have written before. I don't expect them to go and film for 10 minutes (of screentime) in Seoul, another 10 in Nairobi etc. If they are able to do it cool.. but I don't really expect it!

I wouldn't be surprised if Italy = Nomanita's wedding!

Last edited by sense8ional; 07-26-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: