JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Babylon 5

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.32 average. Display Modes
  #8506  
Old 09-11-2017, 11:51 PM
AstroBoy AstroBoy is offline
The one that was
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: So. Cal. Land of Fruits, Nuts, and Flakes
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha128 View Post
"Stay in formation. Hold the Line. No one gets through, no matter what."
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost."
__________________
All generalizations are false, including this one.
Reply With Quote
  #8507  
Old 09-13-2017, 01:33 AM
Kraig's Avatar
Kraig Kraig is offline
Lurker in Brown Sector
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central California
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroBoy View Post
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost."
Assuming you're not vaporized, dissected or otherwise killed in an assortment of supremely horrible and painful ways.
Exciting, isn't it?
Reply With Quote
  #8508  
Old 09-13-2017, 02:21 AM
Jan's Avatar
Jan Jan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Assuming you're not vaporized, dissected or otherwise killed in an assortment of supremely horrible and painful ways.
Exciting, isn't it?
"Every morning I get up and I hope nothing'll happen. I'd love to be just bored out of my skull for 24 hours."
__________________
"Anyone who advocates for "alternative facts" has moved from the language of obfuscation to the language of tyranny." JMS Twitter Jan. 22, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #8509  
Old 09-13-2017, 02:27 PM
Kraig's Avatar
Kraig Kraig is offline
Lurker in Brown Sector
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central California
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
"Every morning I get up and I hope nothing'll happen. I'd love to be just bored out of my skull for 24 hours."
Haven't you heard? The Earth Alliance just declared martial law!
Reply With Quote
  #8510  
Old 09-13-2017, 04:56 PM
AstroBoy AstroBoy is offline
The one that was
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: So. Cal. Land of Fruits, Nuts, and Flakes
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Haven't you heard? The Earth Alliance just declared martial law!
"I'm in awe, Lennier. The way you can take a straightforward, logical proposition and turn it inside-out so that in the end it says .. what you want it to say instead of what it actually means. Does this come naturally or did you .. attend some special martial arts class for the philosophically inclined?"
__________________
All generalizations are false, including this one.
Reply With Quote
  #8511  
Old 09-13-2017, 05:11 PM
Jan's Avatar
Jan Jan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroBoy View Post
"I'm in awe, Lennier. The way you can take a straightforward, logical proposition and turn it inside-out so that in the end it says .. what you want it to say instead of what it actually means. Does this come naturally or did you .. attend some special martial arts class for the philosophically inclined?"
"-- and then in my eleventy-fifth year in the temple, I began to study the ninety-seven dialects and subtongues of our world. And I discovered something amazing."
__________________
"Anyone who advocates for "alternative facts" has moved from the language of obfuscation to the language of tyranny." JMS Twitter Jan. 22, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #8512  
Old 09-13-2017, 11:56 PM
Kraig's Avatar
Kraig Kraig is offline
Lurker in Brown Sector
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central California
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
"-- and then in my eleventy-fifth year in the temple, I began to study the ninety-seven dialects and subtongues of our world. And I discovered something amazing."
I was just thinking that in all my years in temple, nothing ever prepared me for this sort of experience.
Reply With Quote
  #8513  
Old 09-14-2017, 08:38 PM
alpha128's Avatar
alpha128 alpha128 is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
I was just thinking that in all my years in temple, nothing ever prepared me for this sort of experience.
"Reading is no substitute for experience. Tell you what, it is an imposition on my schedule but I'll take you under my wing and fill gaps in your education. Starting tomorrow and for the next two days, I will show you the Babylon 5 that I know. It will be a revelation of the highest order."
Reply With Quote
  #8514  
Old 09-14-2017, 11:01 PM
AstroBoy AstroBoy is offline
The one that was
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: So. Cal. Land of Fruits, Nuts, and Flakes
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha128 View Post
"Reading is no substitute for experience. Tell you what, it is an imposition on my schedule but I'll take you under my wing and fill gaps in your education. Starting tomorrow and for the next two days, I will show you the Babylon 5 that I know. It will be a revelation of the highest order."
"Here, my friend, here you will see the heart and soul of Babylon 5. Also, its spleen, its kidneys, a veritable parade of internal organs. Sit. Sit."
__________________
All generalizations are false, including this one.
Reply With Quote
  #8515  
Old 09-15-2017, 12:53 AM
Kraig's Avatar
Kraig Kraig is offline
Lurker in Brown Sector
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central California
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroBoy View Post
"Here, my friend, here you will see the heart and soul of Babylon 5. Also, its spleen, its kidneys, a veritable parade of internal organs. Sit. Sit."
It's between the hull and the water reclamation system. It's pretty much the most unpleasant part of the station, not counting the methane bathrooms...heavy machinery, lead walls and pipes all over the place --
Reply With Quote
  #8516  
Old 09-15-2017, 12:56 AM
babylonlurker's Avatar
babylonlurker babylonlurker is offline
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
It's between the hull and the water reclamation system. It's pretty much the most unpleasant part of the station, not counting the methane bathrooms...heavy machinery, lead walls and pipes all over the place --
"You shouldn't be here - you're in trouble !"
__________________
Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Reply With Quote
  #8517  
Old 09-15-2017, 03:31 AM
Melanie's Avatar
Melanie Melanie is offline
Narn with key
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Krakow, Poland
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by babylonlurker View Post
"You shouldn't be here - you're in trouble !"
"Who, me? Absolutely. Hell, I'll probably still be here when they turn off the lights."
__________________
"It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."
Reply With Quote
  #8518  
Old 09-15-2017, 04:21 AM
babylonlurker's Avatar
babylonlurker babylonlurker is offline
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
"Who, me? Absolutely. Hell, I'll probably still be here when they turn off the lights."
"I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star - We are grey, we stand between the darkness and the light"
__________________
Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Reply With Quote
  #8519  
Old 09-15-2017, 04:54 AM
Melanie's Avatar
Melanie Melanie is offline
Narn with key
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Krakow, Poland
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by babylonlurker View Post
"I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star - We are grey, we stand between the darkness and the light"
"Standing here in front of the stars like this, looking out, down, up, all at once, kind of makes you feel naked in front of the universe."
__________________
"It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."
Reply With Quote
  #8520  
Old 09-15-2017, 08:28 AM
alpha128's Avatar
alpha128 alpha128 is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
"Standing here in front of the stars like this, looking out, down, up, all at once, kind of makes you feel naked in front of the universe."
"Hey, it could be worse. You could be having dreams where you're showing up to work naked. Then you'd be in real trouble."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.