JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Babylon 5

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.32 average. Display Modes
Old 09-11-2017, 11:51 PM
The one that was

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha128 View Post
"Stay in formation. Hold the Line. No one gets through, no matter what."
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost."
Old 09-13-2017, 01:33 AM
Lurker in Brown Sector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroBoy View Post
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost."
Assuming you're not vaporized, dissected or otherwise killed in an assortment of supremely horrible and painful ways.
Exciting, isn't it?
Old 09-13-2017, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Assuming you're not vaporized, dissected or otherwise killed in an assortment of supremely horrible and painful ways.
Exciting, isn't it?
"Every morning I get up and I hope nothing'll happen. I'd love to be just bored out of my skull for 24 hours."
Old 09-13-2017, 02:27 PM
Lurker in Brown Sector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
"Every morning I get up and I hope nothing'll happen. I'd love to be just bored out of my skull for 24 hours."
Haven't you heard? The Earth Alliance just declared martial law!
Old 09-13-2017, 04:56 PM
The one that was

Quote:
Haven't you heard? The Earth Alliance just declared martial law!
"I'm in awe, Lennier. The way you can take a straightforward, logical proposition and turn it inside-out so that in the end it says .. what you want it to say instead of what it actually means. Does this come naturally or did you .. attend some special martial arts class for the philosophically inclined?"
Old 09-13-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
"I'm in awe, Lennier. The way you can take a straightforward, logical proposition and turn it inside-out so that in the end it says .. what you want it to say instead of what it actually means. Does this come naturally or did you .. attend some special martial arts class for the philosophically inclined?"
"-- and then in my eleventy-fifth year in the temple, I began to study the ninety-seven dialects and subtongues of our world. And I discovered something amazing."
Old 09-13-2017, 11:56 PM
Lurker in Brown Sector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
"-- and then in my eleventy-fifth year in the temple, I began to study the ninety-seven dialects and subtongues of our world. And I discovered something amazing."
I was just thinking that in all my years in temple, nothing ever prepared me for this sort of experience.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:38 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
I was just thinking that in all my years in temple, nothing ever prepared me for this sort of experience.
"Reading is no substitute for experience. Tell you what, it is an imposition on my schedule but I'll take you under my wing and fill gaps in your education. Starting tomorrow and for the next two days, I will show you the Babylon 5 that I know. It will be a revelation of the highest order."
Old 09-14-2017, 11:01 PM
The one that was

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha128 View Post
"Reading is no substitute for experience. Tell you what, it is an imposition on my schedule but I'll take you under my wing and fill gaps in your education. Starting tomorrow and for the next two days, I will show you the Babylon 5 that I know. It will be a revelation of the highest order."
"Here, my friend, here you will see the heart and soul of Babylon 5. Also, its spleen, its kidneys, a veritable parade of internal organs. Sit. Sit."
Old 09-15-2017, 12:53 AM
Lurker in Brown Sector

Quote:
"Here, my friend, here you will see the heart and soul of Babylon 5. Also, its spleen, its kidneys, a veritable parade of internal organs. Sit. Sit."
It's between the hull and the water reclamation system. It's pretty much the most unpleasant part of the station, not counting the methane bathrooms...heavy machinery, lead walls and pipes all over the place --
Old 09-15-2017, 12:56 AM
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum

Quote:
It's between the hull and the water reclamation system. It's pretty much the most unpleasant part of the station, not counting the methane bathrooms...heavy machinery, lead walls and pipes all over the place --
"You shouldn't be here - you're in trouble !"

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Old 09-15-2017, 03:31 AM
Narn with key

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylonlurker View Post
"You shouldn't be here - you're in trouble !"
"Who, me? Absolutely. Hell, I'll probably still be here when they turn off the lights."
"It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."
Old 09-15-2017, 04:21 AM
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
"Who, me? Absolutely. Hell, I'll probably still be here when they turn off the lights."
"I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star - We are grey, we stand between the darkness and the light"

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Old 09-15-2017, 04:54 AM
Narn with key

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylonlurker View Post
"I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star - We are grey, we stand between the darkness and the light"
"Standing here in front of the stars like this, looking out, down, up, all at once, kind of makes you feel naked in front of the universe."
"It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."
Old 09-15-2017, 08:28 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
"Standing here in front of the stars like this, looking out, down, up, all at once, kind of makes you feel naked in front of the universe."
"Hey, it could be worse. You could be having dreams where you're showing up to work naked. Then you'd be in real trouble."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: