JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Sense8

Old 05-08-2017, 01:28 PM

I'm pretty sure this goes under the heading of pure speculation or misunderstanding. JMS and the Ws worked out a rough outline of the planned 5 seasons but there's no way they would have done any actual writing until the season is contracted. That's just how professionals work.

I don't see any reason why the budget should be smaller. Yes, right now the cluster's all in one place. But that just means they can spread out to new places any moment.

The part about the actors not being signed on yet is because their pick-up date for season 3 had lapsed which means that all new contracts had to be signed by the actors. The reason they'd have lapsed would *probably* be due to the time between seasons. Keep in mind that what the production has is an *option* that has to be picked up by a certain time and that's what lapsed.
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017
Old 05-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Just a fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
The part about the actors not being signed on yet is because their pick-up date for season 3 had lapsed which means that all new contracts had to be signed by the actors.
Yeah, but what he's saying is that not everyone has signed them yet, which Deadline had also reported quite a while ago. But both pretty much said that this won't be an issue - "We're working, we're fine." is the translation I get - so, this is of no importance, anyway.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:56 AM
Just a fan

The Italian website has posted their own, manual, translation of their interview with producer Malerba: http://newsflix.altervista.org/sense...o-be-its-last/ They translated the bit about the third season being the last as "would likely be its last".

JMS has commented: https://twitter.com/straczynski/stat...53494637690881

Quote:
Nothing is certain in TV, not even a third season, so speculation about seasons 4-5 seems kinda silly to me regardless of the source.
with which I agree for the most part.

You see Netflix has told some showrunners in advance "look, you are only getting 1 more season", so it's not always a case of a season by season renewal.

Having said that Malerba seemed to suggest that it wasn't Netflix that wanted it to end, but that he thought Lana couldn't work on it forever. And that's speculation on his part; who knows what decision she will make? According to Lana's Q&A following the Chicago screening, the only reason she made season 2 was that her wife insisted because she loves the show and wouldn't take no for an answer (sidenote: Winslow is credited as "story researcher" in season 2); because otherwise Lana had gotten cold feet when Lilly departed, since she had never worked without her. The point is, unless an ultimate decision is made in advance - and if it is, we will learn about it - everything can change, at any point... so why worry?

So I'd keep the possibility of Sense8 finishing after 3 seasons to the back of my mind, but I wouldn't worry right now. We'll see. (And personally I don't find it particularly bad if the series finishes after 3 seasons, as long as the showrunners know this in advance, so that they wrap everything up. You can make a decent storyline with 3 seasons, really.)

Last edited by sense8ional; 05-12-2017 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:25 PM
Confirmed User

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cbs-...rs-1202425010/

Looks like Naveen Andrews might be just a guest star if there is a Season 3.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Just a fan

Maybe. But due to how the season ended, Andrews can shoot in London and wrap up in a few days, rather than having to be available for months to shoot in different cities every so often, so in the end it might not be an issue.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:25 PM
Confirmed User

His role has also generally not required much filming. He only filmed in 3 cities for season 2, and if anything his parts in California and Amsterdam were quite small compared to his parts in London. I don't think it will affect much anyways

EDIT: They posted a translated version of the interview with Roberto Malerba: http://newsflix.altervista.org/sense...o-be-its-last/

Last edited by chromate; 05-14-2017 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:41 AM
Just a fan

Lana and Max were spotted in Paris yesterday at a restaurant:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUMy8D2FRYD/

Quote:
Lana is not doing any press, so she can't be there for promotional reasons. So why are they there?

Well, of course it might just be a friendly meeting that has nothing to do with work, but maybe, just maybe, they are also taking the opportunity to discuss about the role of Paris in Season 3, since Wolfgang almost went there in the finale...
Old 05-18-2017, 06:35 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
Lana and Max were spotted in Paris yesterday at a restaurant:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUMy8D2FRYD/

Lana is not doing any press, so she can't be there for promotional reasons. So why are they there?

Well, of course it might just be a friendly meeting that has nothing to do with work, but maybe, just maybe, they are also taking the opportunity to discuss about the role of Paris in Season 3, since Wolfgang almost went there in the finale...
Lana was also spotted at the museum, Musee d'Orsay. Interesting that she would go there, though with a quick search there's a lot of famous paintings and artwork displayed there. Could just for sight seeing. But it would be such a treat for a potential season 3 that they go and film there! https://www.instagram.com/p/BUK4J7HDnlh/

I don't think they could even be doing things for Sense8 promotional reasons, because I don't think Netflix has an office in France anymore since they moved their operations to The Netherlands. (Source: http://variety.com/2016/digital/glob...ds-1201842835/) Not to mention that she was spotted in Berlin 3 days ago as well: https://www.instagram.com/p/BUEymBoDodi/ Max was also spotted in Berlin last week too, but that isn't really surprising since he lives there. Why would she and Max be together in Paris when Max lives in Berlin and they were both already there a couple of days ago?!
Old 05-18-2017, 06:45 PM
Just a fan

If she was in a museum or art gallery or something then I'd think she's on holidays. That's her thing.

Eh, who knows, maybe they just happened to be in the same city for different reasons and decided to have lunch.

Last edited by sense8ional; 05-18-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:05 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
If she was in a museum or art gallery or something then I'd think she's on holidays. That's her thing.

Eh, who knows, maybe they just happened to be in the same city for different reasons and decided to have lunch.
Maybe! But she was also in London with Brian (and I believe some of the crew) last weekend. https://www.instagram.com/p/BUHNzNzDYot/

She was spotted again with Max again, today. https://www.instagram.com/p/BUQYWlrl_3I/

EDIT: Found the guy who originally posted the photos: https://www.instagram.com/ricardofernandesgallery/
Old 05-19-2017, 03:47 AM

And JMS chimed in...

"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017
Old 05-30-2017, 04:46 AM

Interesting post/re-tweet from Brian J. Smith:

Old 05-30-2017, 06:06 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Interesting.... and this coming from someone in the cast and not some two bit website looking for hits.

I wonder if the numbers haven't been quite what they had hoped for? S2 was pretty damn strong, reviews seemed largely positive too. Man, I want a S3 at the very least. I hope the show isn't in any trouble.

Kosh: Good!
Old 05-30-2017, 06:41 AM

Whatever's going on, it seems to be making a splash. I've seen a few items saying that the hashtag's trending worldwide.

Looks like it's true. Just changed my 'trending' to Worldwide and got this.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:29 AM
Just a fan

Yeah... I don't know what to think of that tweet. Those with social media accounts, please do make some noise!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: