JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > General Discussions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 2.78 average. Display Modes
Old 06-10-2018, 02:26 AM
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Yeah - I went from being an Admin to banned in about 3 days when Sense8 was cancelled. Oops! I really did feel bad about the abuse that JMS was subjected to when he <gasp!> explained what his long experience told him would be reality when the show was cancelled.
I remember that all too well.
Also the abuse JMS got, especially on Twitter. I was disappointed when he finally ceased all talk about Sense8. Not in JMS, of course, but in the idiots pressuring him into making that decision.

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Old 06-12-2018, 07:11 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
I sometimes have to facepalm at the militant Sense8 fans who seems to struggle with any other viewpoint other than their own.
It never fails that those who yell loudest about freedom are unwilling to give freedom to others; those who yell loudest about inclusion cannot include the differing opinions of others; those who praise Jesus the loudest refuse to follow his actual teachings; and the list goes on and on. So many people desperately want their viewpoint to be heard and respected just so long as NO ONE ELSE SAYS ANYTHING DIFFERENT EVER! *sigh* Rant over.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:51 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthaz View Post
It never fails that those who yell loudest about freedom are unwilling to give freedom to others; those who yell loudest about inclusion cannot include the differing opinions of others; those who praise Jesus the loudest refuse to follow his actual teachings; and the list goes on and on. So many people desperately want their viewpoint to be heard and respected just so long as NO ONE ELSE SAYS ANYTHING DIFFERENT EVER! *sigh* Rant over.
I agree with everything you just said, but for one thing. At the end you mention respect and listening to others viewpoints, but should I have to listen to the viewpoints of the people you described? If they aren't hearing what I am saying then should anyone give them a voice? I mean that it is becoming so difficult to remain tolerant of the intolerant. It is becoming a cycle. Be tolerant of people like this until their ignorance and hate makes you one of them.

But that was a great rant sarthaz. It is my burden that I am becoming intolerant of the intolerant and those who bounce back and forth between tolerance and intolerance on an hourly basis with lies and half truths to keep everything off balance for their own personal gain.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:56 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
I agree with everything you just said, but for one thing. At the end you mention respect and listening to others viewpoints, but should I have to listen to the viewpoints of the people you described? If they aren't hearing what I am saying then should anyone give them a voice? I mean that it is becoming so difficult to remain tolerant of the intolerant. It is becoming a cycle. Be tolerant of people like this until their ignorance and hate makes you one of them.

But that was a great rant sarthaz. It is my burden that I am becoming intolerant of the intolerant and those who bounce back and forth between tolerance and intolerance on an hourly basis with lies and half truths to keep everything off balance for their own personal gain.
All I've observed is that social media is a terrible platform for meaningful debate, and I recall a great line that JMS came out with when initially talking about Sense8, that we've been 'marginalized, tribalized and factionalized to within an inch of our lives", this rings very true... on BOTH sides of the argument. I often feel Sense8 makes an amazing point, but also trips itself up by being overly simplistic about 'the bad guys' like the state, police and corporations. It's where the show falls down for me, especially with how everyone outside of the cluster is rendered.

Kosh: Good!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: