JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Sense8

Old 12-15-2015, 12:59 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I'm not sure it could be better! As for faster...not sure. I really hope they stick to the way the audience only knows what the characters figure out so that may need a less-than-breakneck pace. I really hope so, anyway. The moments are what make the story for me and scenes like 'What's Up?' and the birth scene shouldn't be rushed.

In case nobody's noticed, I don't have any use for non-stop action.

Jan
I wasn't being very specific there, but whilst I liked that the show carefully laid out it's premise and characters, for me, there were pacing issues here and there. There were definitely specific episodes that felt a bit flat, where a lot of fat could have been trimmed.

I also struggled with the Kala plot line a bit, and didn't feel it added much to the whole. And, I am still somewhat bugged by the vagueness of the distinction between sharing / visiting aspect of the Sensates, and how this relates to physical reactions / movement / feeback / control of the body. I have documented this quite well in other threads. There seemed to be inconsistency, which was odd given how well thought through the rest of the show was (time zones, etc). I still want to do a re-watch and take better note of this. As yet, no one has been able to explain it to my satisfaction. But I do like that we don't get all the answers all at once.

This is one of the things I really want S2 to clarify.

Kosh: Good!

Last edited by Ubik; 12-15-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:18 PM

Just saw a tweet from Aml Ameen that said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aml Ameen
 Verified account 
‏@AmlAmeen We begin Season 2 in 10 days ; )
Since that's WAY ahead of what we were expecting, I tweeted JMS for confirmation that he was referring to Sense8.

Fingers crossed.

ETA: Found this also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Riemelt
‏@MaxRiemelt 4h4 hours ago
Good news for all of you waiting for a a sequel of #Sense8: There will be new stuff very soon. Stay tuned!
Got the answer from JMS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMichael Straczynski
‏@straczynski 6h6 hours ago
@JanMSchroeder It's a separate shoot to grab footage during the holiday, not the start of full-on main unit shooting.
10:08 PM - 17 Dec 2015 Details
Jan
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Last edited by Jan; 12-18-2015 at 01:33 AM.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:41 AM
Just a fan

So they either want to capture snow or something similar before it goes away or are they are doing an episode that will use Xmas imagery and they want to capture the real thing, like they were shooting for real at the KOKO, Fresh Meat etc in Season 1.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
So they either want to capture snow or something similar before it goes away or are they are doing an episode that will use Xmas imagery and they want to capture the real thing, like they were shooting for real at the KOKO, Fresh Meat etc in Season 1.
That's my feeling, too. JMS specified holiday so it looks like it was timed to grab Christmas and/or New Years someplace.

Jan
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017
Old 12-23-2015, 11:47 AM
Just a fan

Doona Bae posted these on her instagram. For the picture of herself and Riemelt she put the description "ready for Christmas food?"

The official Sense8 account instagram account has reposted them, the script picture with the description "Flying towards season two."

itshappening.gif and all that

Sources:
https://www.instagram.com/sense8/
https://www.instagram.com/doonabae/

edit

Aml Ameen has posted a video of himself training: https://www.instagram.com/p/_mlaqExLrf/

with this description:

Quote:
Getting ready for Season 2
#sense8season2 #gloveupgym with John Tiftik
John Tiftik's twitter description is "Professional boxing coach, strength & conditioning coach and YMCA personal trainer. London."

Last edited by sense8ional; 12-23-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:52 AM

Twitter message from Brian J. Smith:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian J. Smith
‏@BrianJacobSmith 1h1 hour ago
Merry Christmas! This one is spending his xmas eve doing some top secret @sense8 season 2 training. Not for orgies, unfortunately.
Guess he knew what the first question would be.

Jan
Old 12-24-2015, 10:18 AM
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Twitter message from Brian J. Smith:

Guess he knew what the first question would be.

Jan
I guess he did, indeed .....

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Old 12-25-2015, 04:18 PM

Looks like this seasonal footage will be shot in Berlin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian J. Smith
‏@BrianJacobSmith 1h1 hour ago
First flight of season 2: NYC -> Berlin. http://gif.co/qwsM.gif
View media 118 retweets 229 likes
Reply Retweet 118
Like 229
More

Jan
Old 12-29-2015, 08:23 AM
Just a fan

As discussed also on imdb from the actors' various social media it becomes evident all 8 Sensates and various of their sidekicks (eg Daniela, Rajan, Amanita) are (or should be arriving) in Berlin.

They are doing a table read for episode 1 today: https://twitter.com/MsJamieClayton/s...54826146316289

Quote:
TABLE READ. #Berlin #Sense8 @sense8 #YouDontEvenNomi

It is being speculated the event they are looking to cover (in similar fashion to the 4th of July celebration for Season 1 etc) is the New Year's Eve in Berlin.

Potential location? Brandenburg Gate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year's_Eve#Germany

Quote:
"Every year Berlin hosts one of the largest New Year's Eve celebrations in all of Europe, attended by over a million people. The focal point is the Brandenburg Gate, where midnight fireworks are centered. Germans toast the New Year with a glass of Sekt (German sparkling wine) or champagne."
Of course I could be (way) wrong.

edit I have reason to believe one member of the production (not actors) might not be returning for this season. If I find evidence that corroborates my suspicions I'll say more. If not I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by sense8ional; 12-29-2015 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:42 AM
Just a fan

Everyone assembled for the table read: https://www.instagram.com/p/_4x6ctIINQ/
Old 12-29-2015, 02:41 PM
Confirmed User

I am super-excited at the possibility of the sidekick characters being involved more in the global action.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfury10 View Post
I am super-excited at the possibility of the sidekick characters being involved more in the global action.
It would be nice to think so but I'm not going to assume that's the case. It's just as likely that they gathered everybody in order to do the table reading in addition to grabbing the seasonal footage they need.

Bending over backwards to NOT assume.

Jan
Old 12-30-2015, 05:00 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
Everyone assembled for the table read: https://www.instagram.com/p/_4x6ctIINQ/
I was straining to see if I could spot JMS, was he at the table read I wonder?

Kosh: Good!
Old 12-30-2015, 05:30 AM
Just a fan

I don't think so but there's no absolute way to know.

Shooting begins/began today. https://twitter.com/tinadesai07/stat...69112479567872

Quote:
Sense8 season2 day 1 shot 1!!! Here we goooo!!!!
It appears the the table read was only for ep1, so I guess the Berlin scenes are meant to take place during ep1. https://twitter.com/Purab_Kohli/stat...55386702868481

Quote:
Such a fantastic reading of the first episode of #Sense8 season 2. #fans hold your breaths! The wait is going to be worth it! #berlin
Ibarra who previously posted with the tag #Berlin4aDay appears to heading back to Mexico. So maybe the sidekicks were there only for the table read (for one episode?! was it really worth it?!) and they will head back now. Or maybe not..

https://www.instagram.com/p/_6QZ81SD1Q/

Quote:

Quote:
I can't be more grateful and excited for being a part of this amazing project/FAMILY. This was truly the best way to end the year and now back to Mexico to kick off 2016 with soul, love, faith and IRIE*. Let's create a just, beautiful, productive and luminous reality, let's bring light to the world for an extraordinary and transcendentales year, together we are stronger, informed & organized invincible. All my love and blessings and see you soon!!!
Daryl Hannah and Naveen Andrews were there as well. And a new (German) actor added to the new Season? "Adrian Zwicker".

http://www.pikore.com/adrianzwicker

Quote:

Beautiful and mysterious Daryl Hannah - pleasure meeting you, was like at a family Christmas reading. @dhlovelife #sense8
Quote:

Fabulous Naveen Andrews #naveenandrews #sense8 #netflix #lost #sohohouseberlin
Quote:

Read through session with #LanaWachowski &the cast of #sense8 #netflix #martinwuttke #sohohouseberlin
He has another German actor as a tag "Martin Wuttke", I don't know if he has been added to the cast as well. He has worked with the Wachowskis and Tykwer on Cloud Atlas before, so I'd say it's likely.

He also reveals where the reading took place. Soho house Berlin. https://www.sohohouseberlin.com/en

Last edited by sense8ional; 12-30-2015 at 05:54 AM.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
I was straining to see if I could spot JMS, was he at the table read I wonder?
I was doing the same thing. There was a tall guy at the opposite end of the table from Lana in one of the shots but I couldn't tell if it was JMS or not. These folks have to get better cameras!!

Thanks for the additional info, sense8ional!

Jan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: