JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Sense8

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-22-2015, 12:55 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8linked.com View Post
I'm very excited to see what three very experienced and masterful writers have done in bringing their vision of Sense8 to the VOD* model. I can't think of three better writers for moving right ahead with a redefined language and grammer of multimedia storytelling.

The VOD model is great because it allows for vastly different pacing, and it's not about having a weekly cliff hanger to bring viewers back. There obviously needs to be intrigue, but things can unfold at a more natural pace without forced exposition. Daredevil made excellent use of this and took the time to properly sketch out its characters. Thankfully, there was no lack of action due to the tight scripting and Netflix’s shorter seasons. 13 or so hour long episodes feels just right to me, especially when compared to the typical 22-25 episodes of network TV, which to my mind is too long for any series. There’s always going to be filler or plodding exposition that doesn’t work too well with that kind of length. Notable that HBO followed a similar model with one of my favourite shows of all time, ‘The Wire’.

I have all digits crossed that the series does well, because it may open up other avenues for JMS to return to B5 in a meaningful way.

Kosh: Good!
Old 04-22-2015, 11:52 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
This may be a manifestation of a severe allergy season, but when I looked at the picture I thought I they were dress up as Mario, Princess Peach and Luigi.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:51 AM
Just a fan

Loooool!!! :d
Old 04-24-2015, 02:07 PM
Jana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Dassow View Post
This may be a manifestation of a severe allergy season, but when I looked at the picture I thought I they were dress up as Mario, Princess Peach and Luigi.
Well, it's obvious I'm not a gamer. Lana does have the cutest ever friends.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:29 AM
Jana

Roving makeup tech

Remember Sense8 roving makeup tech Alessandro Bertolazzi? (actually he's the Director of Makeup). So called because he went to most or all of the Sense8 locations at least once and sometimes more, and often tweeted "Fly to Iceland. Fly to London. Fly to Iceland..." Alessandro is the best of the best in his field.

Well, here's his latest jaw-dropping project, captured in a tweet that has gone viral, as they say: 30,000 retweets and counting! in a couple of hours. This is Jared Leto as the Joker in the upcoming movie Suicide Squad.

We already knew that Alessandro ROCKS. I'm thinking this could easily be Oscar material.

PS Aww.... Alessandro just retweeted my tweet.

Last edited by sense8linked.com; 04-25-2015 at 06:36 AM.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:48 AM
Jana

Six more weeks to premiere

Jamie Clayton @MsJamieClayton
Six weeks from today the world will know what it means to be "sensate". June 5th. @sense8. @netflix. #Sense8.
7:01 PM - Friday 24 Apr 2015

Photo from previous source

Last edited by sense8linked.com; 04-25-2015 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:10 AM
Jana

Tomorrow is... Sunday

I did some research. I noted the release date of the trailer for Netflix' House of Cards Season 3, and the date of the premiere.

I found multiple news articles for the trailer drop, which was on 1/11 in the evening (USA Eastern Time). The series dropped 2/27.

I know, why wasn't I figuring this out before?

Anyway, 1/11 is 6.5 weeks before 2/27. And it's a Sunday.

As you know, yesterday/Friday it was six weeks until the Sense8 premiere on 6/5. And tomorrow is......... Sunday.

Stay frosty.

Here's a fun pic I found of Alessandro Bertolazzi performing his magic with Erendira Ibarra. Such a fun and intimate moment.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:22 AM
Jana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delenn_of_Mir View Post
Cloud Atlas is the only Wachowski movie I've seen, so far, and I only watched it once. Babylon 5 is one of a very few shows/movies that I've ever taken the time to revisit a lot.

I really should rewatch CA though. I liked it a lot, I think, though I didn't understand a lot of it. I am excited that my fave character from that movie's actress will be in S8. Doona Bae?

I'm trying to be excited about the show, but right now I just want more B5. But I'm hoping once I see a trailer I'll feel more engaged with the show, and will hopefully love it once I watch it.

I'm glad there are only 12 episodes because I have a better chance of seeing them all. My attention span has waned soooo much lately because of depression. It's just really hard to not only get excited about something but to maintain that excitement.

Still haven't made it all the way through a single Star Trek series, they're too long and I lose interest. B5 is like the only show I never lose interest in. It's magic.
Yes, Doona Bae is in Sense8! Her character is one of the eight "sensates," and one of the locations of Sense8 is in Seoul, Korea where Doona's character lives.

The trailer should be along any time now. If you have Twitter, make sure you've followed @sense8, the official Netflix account, and if you like, @sense8linked, my unofficial Twitter.

PS I'm sorry to hear about your depression. *hugs* I too struggle with it. It happens, and if it doesn't go away, there is NO SHAME in asking your doctor for a prescription, as I have. Prozac makes a huge difference for me! People don't realize how lucky we are to have it. Before meds all people had was shock treatment. Excercise really helps as well.

This is a topic that needs to be okay to talk about, so I'll ask those on the forum to allow me a little digression into this topic. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:51 AM
Just a fan

Quote:
Remember Sense8 roving makeup tech Alessandro Bertolazzi? (actually he's the Director of Makeup). So called because he went to most or all of the Sense8 locations at least once and sometimes more, and often tweeted "Fly to Iceland. Fly to London. Fly to Iceland..." Alessandro is the best of the best in his field.

Well, here's his latest jaw-dropping project, captured in a tweet that has gone viral, as they say: 30,000 retweets and counting! in a couple of hours. This is Jared Leto as the Joker in the upcoming movie Suicide Squad.

We already knew that Alessandro ROCKS. I'm thinking this could easily be Oscar material.

PS Aww.... Alessandro just retweeted my tweet.

The execution is amazing, the concept is terrible.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:21 PM
Jana

New "Sense8 Podcast" account on Twitter

No news on the Sense Eight trailer yet.

A new unofficial Sense8 related account has appeared on Twitter: Sense8 Podcast @sense8podcast

No official "blue check" badge on the account. I sent them a tweet asking if they were official or unofficial, they replied unofficial.

I expect all sorts of accounts to appear, some that have been planned while waiting for publicity to begin, some spontaneous.

Unofficial and/or fanclub sites can get into ridiculous, sometimes heated squabbles over territory. I avoid this by being friendly with them as soon as they appear, and occasionally plugging them/sending them scoops once I have a sense of how trustworthy they are.

My motto: Share the love.

PS Head on over there and follow them if you like. You can always unfollow them later if needed. If they're about to pour a whole bunch of time and devotion into unofficial publicity, I know a like means a lot! Plus, (a selfish little game), I like to be among the first to follow an account if it becomes huge later.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:30 AM
Jana

Arrow JMS tweet!

Exciting tweet from JMS!!

JMichael Straczynski @straczynski
All 12 episodes of @sense8 have now been delivered to Netflix. Trailer soon. Cannot wait to unleash this beast on the world. #paradigmshift
12:41am 27 Apr 2015 (photo from previous source)

Last edited by sense8linked.com; 04-27-2015 at 01:51 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:36 AM
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum

Excitement is growing ...

I just plugged Sense8 yesterday when I met a group of scifi fans and went to see the Avengers 2 movie.

Several of them looked quite excited when I told them who the writers were.

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Old 04-27-2015, 09:53 AM
Just a fan

sense8.com still redirects to the Wachowskis comic book studio. I wonder if the show will have a website.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:26 PM
Just a fan

https://twitter.com/Robg1279/status/592754363027877888

Quote:
@sense8linked yay! This months Empire offers a glimpse at Sense8 - so excited!
Old 04-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Jana

Rob at Empire Magazine sent me an exclusive!!

Rob at Empire Magazine sent me an exclusive!!

Miguel Angel Silvestre as Lito. Looks a little cheesy?
It's a scene within a scene, of Lito's character in a Mexican Telenovela.
You knew that.

Last edited by sense8linked.com; 04-27-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: