JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Sense8

Old 12-17-2017, 02:00 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scienceofsin View Post
Sense8 Italia releases some post-production and release date info.

Assembly started on the 5th.

Episode will be finished in March.
Judging by the timeline of the Xmas Special's release, from the end of filming S2 it took ~11 weeks until the Xmas Special was screened in Brazil and ~13 weeks to be released on Netflix. If production only started on the 5th, I think a reasonable timeline would be a ~March 30 release date, with 2 weeks of padding time for holidays/new years and because Sense8 episodes always come out on Fridays.

Hopefully I'm right since I do believe Sense8 Italia also mentioned Netflix wanting to have the finale released before May/less than year since S2. Releasing mid-April might cut a little to close to May but I don't understand the reasoning for wanting to have it released before May anyways.

Although extremely, extremely unlikely, I expect any kind of announcement regarding the future of the series to be followed up on around June or July since ~2 months seems to be how long Netflix usually takes to decide on renewal/cancellation matters.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:57 AM
Just a fan

Editing might be a little easier this time because there's probably less footage available.

I bet Netflix will release this with the title of "Sense8 Finale" or "Sense8 Finale Special" so that they communicate loud and clear to everyone that watches it that it's the end. And maybe a while later Lana can change the title to something else (like it happened with the Christmas Special), although personally I doubt it's going to be "Amor Vincit Omnia" (to me that screams internal codename).
Old 12-19-2017, 03:10 PM
Confirmed User

Editing should be considerably easier to manage, in my opinion. The Xmas special featured at least 12 cities, which is 4 times as many cities with footage they would have to sort through (not counting the short shoot in Belgium since I doubt they shot more than one long scene there in a few hours). They'd really only have to sort through footage from Paris, Naples and the whatever they shot at Studio Babelsberg. But considering from what we've seen, most of the footage is likely just going to intercutting between either Paris and Studio / Naples and Studio.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just headlined it as "Sense8 Finale: Amor Vincit Omnia" or whatever.

Also, Sense8 Italia is doing a Christmas Giveaway, and they had this to say as well (it was translated so high chance something got lost in translation, but I don't know for sure):

Quote:
we also have the words of Lana for Italian fans and something about the future of the series. Well, I mean, don't go missing and come visit us before the holidays.

Last edited by chromate; 12-19-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:18 AM
Just a fan

My guess is that the translation is correct. Based on what they say there I would expect a short quote by Lana about how special it was shooting in Naples and about the future of the series I doubt it's going to be anything more than "if fans create more fans you never know", at best. But since.. "you never know", let's wait and see.

edit Relevant link: https://www.facebook.com/Sense8Itali...2791101560575/
Old 01-01-2018, 10:13 AM
Just a fan

Random find: An actor named Jevgenij Sitochin https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jevgenij_Sitochin plays a character named Gastrolle in the special.

Sources:
http://theaterkontakte.de/profil/jev...?nomobile=true
http://www.agentur-velvet.de/tcpdf/v...d=31&show=vita
https://www.castupload.com/actors/jevegenij-sitochin
http://www.agentur-velvet.de/news.php

Quote:
2017 "Sense 8" (Serie, Netflix) - Rolle: Gastrolle - Regie: Lana Wachowski, Tom Tykwer - Serie, Netflix
Old 01-01-2018, 11:44 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
... plays a character named Gastrolle in the special.
Means: (minor?) guest appearance in the special.

Stefan

--
"You can't fool me. I knew Kosh. I worked with Kosh. Kosh was my friend. You are no Kosh."
[JMS, 06-23-1994]
Old 01-01-2018, 02:05 PM
Just a fan

Aaaah, "guest role" I guess! Hahaha I thought it was a name!!
Old 01-06-2018, 12:14 PM

Quick quote from Naveen Andrews:

Quote:
"Sense8" fans were furious when Netflix canceled the original series - but star Naveen Andrews said the same folks "should be happy" with the subsequently ordered two-hour wrap-up. "I think in terms of the push we put into it, they should be happy with [the special]," the "Lost" alum said Saturday at the Television Critics Association press tour. "There is a satisfying ending to it." And yes, he's in it. The series finale special is set to air this year.
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017
Old 01-07-2018, 03:42 AM
Just a fan

Bit more detailed here: http://www.indiewire.com/2018/01/sen...ah-1201914018/

Quote:
"I sincerely hope so, yes," he said at the Television Critics Association press tour Saturday. "In terms of that final push that we put into it, they should be happy with it. There is a satisfying ending in my opinion."

Not only does Andrews believe that fans will find the ending satisfying, but he was personally happy with the ending his own character got — which may also see him reunited with Angelica (Daryl Hannah) as well. "Yes, both me and Daryl were very pleased with it," he said about the ending to reporters following the panel.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:01 AM
Just a fan

Trailer description from SenseCon:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqcve9
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqcvej

Quote:
Riley has to pay her debt to the Archipelago by killing Whispers, we see badass Daniela trying to do it!
Whispers also gets beaten
Will pointing a gun to Jonas
Everybody literally escapes from Bpo TOGETHER
Sun has Bpo at her ass but Mun helps her (LOOOOONG KISS SCENE)
Wolgang pointing a gun to his head in front of Kala
Rajan/Wolfgang meeting
Will and Kala physically meeting Lila
KALAGANG IN REAL LIFE SINGING TOGETHER

The guys eating pizza (Caphues Rajan Kala Wolfgang and Will or Felix cant remember)
Felix/Wolfgang reunion
Another sincronized singing ( I remember Kalagang in the back of a car and Nomi with Bug driving a van)
Amanita and Daniela get busted by bpo
Little Lito/Dani/Hernando moment in Paris
STUFF KEEPS BLOWING UP GUNS EVERYWHERE
Bug tells Kala that she can live two lives loving two people at the same time and she agrees and smiles ( GUESS WHO, FUCK)
And this: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqcvk0

Quote:
KALA WOLFIE RAJAN SCENE EXPLAINED + MY OPINION OF IT

There is this scene in which Kala and Bug are in a car and she goes like "oh my ganesha" and you see both Rajan and Wolfie and you can understand they are there physically together because Rajan looks into wolfie's eyes. Kala as usual doesn't know what to do and Bug reminds her that as a sensate she can do many things at the same time which means she can hug Rajan and kiss Wolfgang. She thinks about it, smiles, and tries to do it. So we see two Kalas, one hugging Rajan and one kissing Wolfgang in one fucking place! ( if I remember correctly) I honestly think she was confused about her feelings towards Rajan but somehow she realized she loves him too. It's more than caring and not wanted to hurt him. Maybe in the special he will do something for her that will make her see him under a new light. Don't get me wrong I'm a Kalagang girl I just didn't fine the whole scene disturbing... if Wolfie is fine with the thing and Kala is too then I don't know, they can make it work somehow. It's the twenty first century people!
Old 01-08-2018, 12:57 PM
Confirmed User

Some more spoilers from SenseCon trailers

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqd0gt

Quote:
Angelica's story FINALLY explained (we see her actually living with Whispers)
Everyone sleeping together while Angelica speaks
Zoomed scene of two hands holding, Kala and Wolfgang
Sun beating a bunch of guys
Lila arriving at some harbor with elicopters in naples with Wolfie as hostage
Many microscenes of Lila and Will together
Wolfgang goes down an elicopter with handcuffs and Kala wakes up and sees him and screams no! Wolfie tries to go to Kala but they drag him back
Old 01-09-2018, 04:27 PM
Just a fan

https://twitter.com/AnnaPernigo23/st...82685386711040

Quote:
Family you need to know this: the trailer I saw is different than the one that netflix will release it's confirmed. I'm sorry it was meant for us at the Con
Quote:
the five minutes trailer they showed us at the con in rome is an exclusive dedicated only to those who attended and won't ever be released publicly i guess netflix will release another one
Quote:
ONLY those who attended the sense8con in Rome could see the trailer. It was a gift from Lana to us. If you're interested I have written some posts that contain spoilers.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:09 AM
Confirmed User

I feel like... that's not necessarily true? The description of the trailer from the con is identical to the one they showed in Brazil, albeit the Brazil trailer might have been shorter
Old 01-11-2018, 09:55 AM
Just a fan

I agree. They probably told them that the Sense8 team cut this trailer for the fans (meaning: for CCXP where Netflix had an official presence) and people misunderstood it to mean specifically for the Italian Con.

Last edited by sense8ional; 01-11-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM

Nice interview with Toby Onwumere:

https://tvserieshub.tv/2018/01/18/an...eus-in-sense8/
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: