JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > JMSNews Information > Introductions

Old Yesterday, 07:19 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I appreciate your concern but I'm not at all bothered by the few clicks it takes to get rid of them. Thanks, though.

Jan
I never saw the record level of spam you describe. The current arrangement is definitely an improvement. But as long as you allow spam bots to register, you're going to be dealing with their posts.

It's not up to me of course, but if it was, I'd do the following:
  1. Implement some anti-spam measure to keep spam bots from registering
  2. Create/run a script to delete registered (but not confirmed) users who haven't posted in the last year

"We can end this. Not just for now, not just for the next thousand years, but forever." -- Sheridan in Babylon 5:"The Summoning"
Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha128 View Post
I never saw the record level of spam you describe. The current arrangement is definitely an improvement. But as long as you allow spam bots to register, you're going to be dealing with their posts.

It's not up to me of course, but if it was, I'd do the following:
  1. Implement some anti-spam measure to keep spam bots from registering
  2. Create/run a script to delete registered (but not confirmed) users who haven't posted in the last year

"We can end this. Not just for now, not just for the next thousand years, but forever." -- Sheridan in Babylon 5:"The Summoning"
Once again, I appreciate the concern but that's entirely up to DougO, the owner of the site. I don't have that power and I'm not going to push for it. Please enjoy the fact that the forums themselves are both spam and advertising free.

Jan
Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Once again, I appreciate the concern but that's entirely up to DougO, the owner of the site. I don't have that power and I'm not going to push for it. Please enjoy the fact that the forums themselves are both spam and advertising free.

Jan
I do enjoy the forums and I do appreciate all of your hard work.

"You have always served me well, old friend. And sometimes I think I do not thank you as much as I should." -- Emperor to Prime Minister in "The Coming of Shadows"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: