JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > General Discussions

Old 07-12-2018, 09:39 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I'm sure there's going to be some hard stuff to read. Just some of the stories he told last year at SDCC were pretty bad. His father was a monster. His mother, I think was perhaps more mentally ill than evil; I hope so, at least.
Yes I am sure there will be a lot of difficult stuff to take. I just don't want to know too much, especially when we know in advance it is likely going to be some heavy stuff. And just think of where his head is while he is working on this and drudging up all of these memories. I just question if it is worth it, but I guess he feels he needs to put it out there.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:14 PM
Confirmed User

I think it's brave. In many ways, it is easier to let such things in your past just stay in the past. Not everything has to be integrated into your modern life. But if you still have issues, it may be necessary to make some kind of peace with it. Even that can be done in private, without making anything public.

To make it public is to allow others to learn from it. And to freak out over it. And to flame you over it. But it allows the potential to help others out, who may need some kind of perspective desperately.

That's brave.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: