JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > JMSNews Information > Introductions

Old 08-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Confirmed User

Thumbs up Hi ... (and a note for Jan)

A few years ago, someone said to me: "Hey! You should check out B5." So I did, and the rest is history....

(I hadn't expected a post-registration introductory process, but I understand why it's necessary. I previously had an old account in good standing, but perhaps with a different name. After having trouble recovering the password, I re-registered instead.)

My only planned post for today was a note to Jan regarding a certain site's use of a transcript. In the current discussion about a future movie, Dan D. had said that a certain website's report had used a transcript "without credit"? FWIW, a "Sources" note at the end of the article did include an indirect credit, to "Free Babylon 5" with a link to: freebabylon5.com/b5-movie-news-announcement-transcript/.

BTW, the FreeBabylon5.com site may not be available at the moment; when I visit it, the web server says:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_template_stylesheet_uri() in /home/content/44/12027144/html/wp-content/themes/FreeB5/header.php on line 18".

Last edited by Lucus Anon; 08-09-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:51 AM

Hi Lucas,

Sorry for making you jump through extra hoops the post but the place was being completely over-run by spammers - as many as 300 per *day*.

Thanks for the clarification regarding the credit for the transcript but really, even if there hadn't been one, I'm perfectly fine with that. Heck, everyplace I posted it was as a page or just my first name, I think so that would be a hard credit to come up with. As long as the words are credited to JMS, it doesn't matter who typed them (well, as long as there aren't too many errors! )

I'll let DougO know that you're in the 'waiting room' so he can clear you for the rest of the site. I just went over to the Free Babylon 5 website and it seems okay now, but thanks for that also.

Jan
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017
Old 08-16-2014, 07:35 AM

Hi Lucas! I almost missed his email but DougO has changed your status to confirmed so you should be able to post now.

Welcome!

Jan
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: