JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > General Discussions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 2.78 average. Display Modes
Old 04-23-2018, 05:01 PM

We knew about the autobiography but the news about multiple plays is new!

"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017
Old 05-13-2018, 05:17 PM

After a spate of tweets last night where JMS tried to explain that TV is a business and that shows aren't ended just to betray viewers, his tweet count is at 9974. Wonder what his 10,000th tweet will be!
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017
Old 05-14-2018, 06:13 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Huh, I wonder if this also sees him stepping away from TV and film... but with a few things in the works, I guess not just yet...

Kosh: Good!
Old 05-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Confirmed User

JMS 10k tweet

JMS last tweet after midnight:
"I'm now 3 twitterings shy of 10K tweets. Any significant questions that should be addressed, suggestions as to what I should speak about or do (other than "knock it off") in tweet #10,000?"

You all with a twitter account: tell the great maker what should his 10k tweet about...
But hurry up. This tweet will be coming very soon.

B5-Stefan

--
David Sheridan: "Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Old 05-15-2018, 11:43 AM

I suggested either:

- at least three tweets updating us on all the straczynski-verses

or

- his favorite passage from this autobiography "Saved by Superman".

We'll see...

Jan
Old 05-20-2018, 02:15 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
1. Had a fun idea. With #Babylon5 coming in June to @PrimeVideo this is the first time in about 15 years the show's been available for viewers to stumble upon for the first time. That gives us two kinds of viewers: newbies with lots of questions....

2. ...and original viewers (henceforth the First Ones) revisiting it who also have answers. Let's make this account Ground Zero for the two sides to meet in neutral territory for mutual enlightenment. So put the word out near and far to newcomers: Party at Joe's Place!
JMS is taking questions about B5 on twitter to celebrate the Amazon thing. Loads of stuff in his feed recently. Jan, are you ready to be real busy on Twitter?!

Old 05-26-2018, 11:11 AM
Confirmed User

JMS tweet at 4:48 AM

Tweet question to jms:
"@straczynski Hi I just have 1 small question if you can consider the topic small.

Has they ever been an interest besides from fans for a show set on Vorlon?"

Answered JMS (second last tweet this early morning at 1:26 AM):
"I don't think we could afford to send a crew that far on location."

B5-Ste fan

--
"You can't fool me. I knew Kosh. I worked with Kosh. Kosh was my friend. You are no Kosh."
[JMS, 06-23-1994]

Last edited by B5-Stefan; 05-26-2018 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:21 PM
Confirmed User

Damn! It's "Sense 8" all over again.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:28 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5-Stefan View Post
Tweet question to jms:
"@straczynski Hi I just have 1 small question if you can consider the topic small.

Has they ever been an interest besides from fans for a show set on Vorlon?"

Answered JMS (second last tweet this early morning at 1:26 AM):
"I don't think we could afford to send a crew that far on location."

B5-Ste fan

--
"You can't fool me. I knew Kosh. I worked with Kosh. Kosh was my friend. You are no Kosh."
[JMS, 06-23-1994]
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
Damn! It's "Sense 8" all over again.

HAHAHA Thanks for brightening my Sunday morning.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:11 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Noted JMS is still taking loads of B5 questions on Twitter. Kinda cool to see. Want to know something? Now may be the time to get in there. The Amazon thing has clearly put him back into B5 mode.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:30 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
Noted JMS is still taking loads of B5 questions on Twitter. Kinda cool to see. Want to know something? Now may be the time to get in there. The Amazon thing has clearly put him back into B5 mode.
I am very surprised there isn't more discussion happening here about it if he is putting out so many Tweets.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:12 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
I am very surprised there isn't more discussion happening here about it if he is putting out so many Tweets.
I guess I've not seen anything new or groundbreaking, nothing that merits discussion so far, well apart from the remastered B5 thing... I guess e've covered a lot of ground here!

Old 05-29-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I guess I've not seen anything new or groundbreaking, nothing that merits discussion so far, well apart from the remastered B5 thing... I guess e've covered a lot of ground here!
Yeah, really nothing earth-shattering. Maybe there'll be some stories come out after June 1? We'll see!
Old 06-06-2018, 12:53 PM
Vorlon Visitor

Wow, a twitter user going under the handle of 'Screen Identity' seems to have pushed JMS over the edge. I read back through the thread, many of the original tweets from the source are now deleted, but JMS responses remain. It seems that Screen Identity took an ultra hard line on B5's ethnic / gender / diversity / race and casting. All this with no appreciation of when the show was made. I have to note with these things CONTEXT is KEY.

JMS stays very level until pushed too far. I think he did well to stay civil for that long, talk about pushing an agenda whilst removing ALL CONTEXT and when your target is clearly progressive as hell. Way to alienate people and fulfill just about every echo chamber SJW cliche that we have forced upon us by right wing idiots. I sometimes have to facepalm at the militant Sense8 fans who seems to struggle with any other viewpoint other than their own.

Last edited by Ubik; 06-06-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I sometimes have to facepalm at the militant Sense8 fans who seems to struggle with any other viewpoint other than their own.
Yeah - I went from being an Admin to banned in about 3 days when Sense8 was cancelled. Oops! I really did feel bad about the abuse that JMS was subjected to when he <gasp!> explained what his long experience told him would be reality when the show was cancelled.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: