JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Movies

Old 03-19-2017, 06:29 AM
[Zathras Conspiracy]

The Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions are movies of incredible intellectual ambition and emotional depth and I find it deeply depressing that they are not recognized as such. The idea of anyone but the Wachowskis even touching the Matrix is repulsive.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:38 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
The Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions are movies of incredible intellectual ambition and emotional depth and I find it deeply depressing that they are not recognized as such. The idea of anyone but the Wachowskis even touching the Matrix is repulsive.
I agree. I feel like other hands on The Matrix wouldn't be The Matrix. And the fact that the idea would be a Morpheus origin story already tells you it is going to be a re-imagined Matrix - thus not what the Wachowski's created. I will definitely past unless Lana and Lilly decide they want to be a part of it, which I HIGHLY doubt is going to happen. HAVING said that I would LOVE to see what they might come up with if they did do another one.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:12 AM
Just a fan

If the Wachowskis won't supervise, I would perhaps be okay with the establishment of a story group that really understood the films, but I fully expect the people that join the writers' room to google "matrix trilogy explained" and read and adopt all the popular fan theories about how Neo gained his powers because he ate the Oracle's cookie, Smith is the real One, humans are used as CPUs instead of batteries, Machines can't lie, all past Ones looked like Neo, and Zion is another Matrix.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Confirmed User

I would be in favor of developing a time machine that allowed someone less full of themselves to do the 2nd and 3rd Matrix films. Lots of good ideas drowned out by even more "didja see what we did there?" pomposity. They're the film equivalent of a teenager taking his first Psychology class and then running around telling everyone how he knows everything about everything now.

But that time has long passed, and I'm having a hard time thinking of a worse idea than returning to The Matrix without the W's. They brought it to life, and they strangled it to death. It's theirs, for better or worse. I guess you could say the same about Star Wars; but where Star Wars is sprawling and expansive, The Matrix is self-contained. I see no point or value in returning there.

I do support a reboot of Babylon 5 with Hugo Weaving playing all the roles, though.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthaz View Post
I do support a reboot of Babylon 5 with Hugo Weaving playing all the roles, though.
HAHAHA! Best idea I have heard. I would LOVE to see his take on every character; especially Bester, Delenn, Garibaldi, Londo, G'Kar, and Vir. I don't know why but those six names immediately popped into my head. I know I have mentioned the others before, but Delenn and Vir are two more I think would be interesting to see his take on. I volunteer to sit and watch all things Babylon 5 with Mr. Weaving to get him into the swing of things. I promise we will mostly discuss Babylon 5.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:12 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
HAHAHA! Best idea I have heard. I would LOVE to see his take on every character; especially Bester, Delenn, Garibaldi, Londo, G'Kar, and Vir. I don't know why but those six names immediately popped into my head. I know I have mentioned the others before, but Delenn and Vir are two more I think would be interesting to see his take on. I volunteer to sit and watch all things Babylon 5 with Mr. Weaving to get him into the swing of things. I promise we will mostly discuss Babylon 5.
No, no, no!
I really prefer a Babylon 5 series relaunch with sock puppets. ;-)

"The Sock Gathering"
First appearance of a really unknown Sock Vorlon.
<Fade in airlock>
Kosh: " Li la lord. I'm coming now onboard."
Go on...

B5-Stefan
Old 04-13-2017, 10:49 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthaz View Post
I would be in favor of developing a time machine that allowed someone less full of themselves to do the 2nd and 3rd Matrix films. Lots of good ideas drowned out by even more "didja see what we did there?" pomposity. They're the film equivalent of a teenager taking his first Psychology class and then running around telling everyone how he knows everything about everything now.
+1. This perfectly sums up how I feel about the 2nd and 3rd Matrix films. It wasn't big or clever.

Kosh: Good!
Old 04-13-2017, 11:30 AM
Just a fan

I think they are way above your typical blockbusters, but I am not that bothered anymore with what people think of them, as it's not like people's opinion will affect the franchise's future, which even if it's revived, it will always be divided into two eras, and as time machines are unlikely to be invented the pure-Wachowski era, will always be part of history

It's like what JMS said about B5 existing long after both he and the haters have perished, and no one can do anything about it.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:47 AM
Just a fan

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...fferent-actors

Weaving will return if the scripts are "really good" and come with the Wachowskis' blessing. However, he says no one has contacted him so far, nor does he expect to be contacted as he believes they will want to reboot the whole thing with a fresh cast.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:43 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...fferent-actors

Weaving will return if the scripts are "really good" and come with the Wachowskis' blessing. However, he says no one has contacted him so far, nor does he expect to be contacted as he believes they will want to reboot the whole thing with a fresh cast.
I totally agree. I doubt they will contact him. It seems highly unlikely. Of course I assume he'll be busy with a Sense 8 guest shot or, if I am VERY lucky, a Babylon 5 reboot.

Has anyone seen two of my favorite Weaving projects: Proof (1991) & The Interview (1998)???

And of course don't forget the eternal classic The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of The Desert (1994)

Tags
matrix, wachowski, wachowskis

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: