JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > General Discussions

Old 03-20-2017, 01:05 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
'Political Officer' anyone?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...src=nl_&wpmm=1

I know that many people may not be able to see the full article as the WP only allows 10 free per month so here are a couple of key paragraphs.
Oh, yeah, Jan. My exact thought when I read a synopsis earlier. It just so happened I had watched "Voices of Authority" last week.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:10 AM
Narn with key

We also had loyalty monitoring.

I believe it was called "Night watch".
"It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."
Old 03-23-2017, 02:06 PM
Confirmed User

So I was just reading some Babylon 5 related posts on Facebook. I won't say specifically where because I don't want it to seem like I am picking on someone nor do I want to directly point out their name. I don't want it to be a personal attack where I am singling them out. I am pointing more toward what they represent.

Anyway, there was a post that basically asked who does 'The Tyrant' better, President Clark or President Trump? So naturally there were responses comparing the the two and responses that where negative. I want to share one of the negative comments; at least I think the author meant for it to be negative. Pardon the language, but I want to give you the direct quote.

"President Clark and president Obama are butt buddy."

That is word for word and all of the exact grammar. And I am guessing English is this person's first language, but I can't guarantee it - pretty sure though.

Please feel free to comment on anything you find wrong in that one short little sentence.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
That is word for word and all of the exact grammar. And I am guessing English is this person's first language, but I can't guarantee it - pretty sure though.

Please feel free to comment on anything you find wrong in that one short little sentence.
Betting you were at the formerly big B5 page. Kaz' group? I don't go there anymore. I tried to hang on for way longer than I should have just because I like to know what fans are talking about and I like to interject facts in all the rumors and urban legends. But after Kaz himself posted something odious referring to Robin William's suicide within a day of the event, I couldn't stay and maintain any self-respect. And I notice that group has been shrinking steadily for quite some time.

As for the comment itself, it's beneath contempt of so many levels. No problem with you posting it, mind, it's just not worthy of any attention by anybody with any couth.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:32 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan View Post
it's just not worthy of any attention by anybody with any couth.
hahahahahaha! Ouch!
Old 03-24-2017, 05:13 AM
Narn with key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Betting you were at the formerly big B5 page. Kaz' group? I don't go there anymore. I tried to hang on for way longer than I should have just because I like to know what fans are talking about and I like to interject facts in all the rumors and urban legends. But after Kaz himself posted something odious referring to Robin William's suicide within a day of the event, I couldn't stay and maintain any self-respect. And I notice that group has been shrinking steadily for quite some time.

As for the comment itself, it's beneath contempt of so many levels. No problem with you posting it, mind, it's just not worthy of any attention by anybody with any couth.
I was never a member of that group and I hadn't discovered Babylon 5 at that time and I don't have a clue what they were writing (nor do I want to know), but thank you for taking a stand and leaving at that point.
"It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: