JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Babylon 5

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-17-2017, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
I hope we do too, but if I remember correctly I believe 2017 was when JMS was hopeful production might begin. I think with Sense 8, health issues, and everything else we aren't really too far behind schedule - if an announcement does come at SDCC 2017. And if he doesn't say anything I don't think we should panic until 2018. Then we just go nutz!
The original announcement was in 2014 for the script to be written in 2015 and go into production in 2016 (Hey, you pay me to keep track of this stuff, right? You don't? Hmmmm...). Last year when asked he said he was concentrating on building 'street cred' for Studio JMS. I can't be sure but I'd think that that sort of building would require projects being made and though we've seen a number of projects announced, there's really nothing new in front of the cameras (that we know of) yet.

But we'll see what he might say at the con. You know your roving reporter will let you know as soon as she can get back to a computer. Updates always get posted here first, of course (typos and all!).
Old 07-17-2017, 06:53 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
The original announcement was in 2014 for the script to be written in 2015 and go into production in 2016 (Hey, you pay me to keep track of this stuff, right? You don't? Hmmmm...).
Great Jan. I was trying to calm the masses and now you've just opened the flood gates. Okay folks, I guess 2017 is the year to go nutz.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:09 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
The original announcement was in 2014 for the script to be written in 2015 and go into production in 2016 (Hey, you pay me to keep track of this stuff, right? You don't? Hmmmm...). Last year when asked he said he was concentrating on building 'street cred' for Studio JMS. I can't be sure but I'd think that that sort of building would require projects being made and though we've seen a number of projects announced, there's really nothing new in front of the cameras (that we know of) yet.

But we'll see what he might say at the con. You know your roving reporter will let you know as soon as she can get back to a computer. Updates always get posted here first, of course (typos and all!).
Cheers Jan! Always good to get the news first hand via a reputable JMS nut.

We can pay you in Spoo if you want?

Kosh: Good!
Old 07-17-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Great Jan. I was trying to calm the masses and now you've just opened the flood gates. Okay folks, I guess 2017 is the year to go nutz.
Oh - it's only fair to warn you that I gave up my only question to ask about the movie last year. Not gonna happen this year. I've got some questions chosen already and will decide on the day which (if any) to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
Cheers Jan! Always good to get the news first hand via a reputable JMS nut.
I prefer to think of myself as 'moderate to severely' obsessed, thankyouverymuch.

Quote:
We can pay you in Spoo if you want?
Can you really? I'll be requiring back pay, you know...
Old 07-17-2017, 01:29 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
it's only fair to warn you that I gave up my only question to ask about the movie last year. Not gonna happen this year. I've got some questions chosen already and will decide on the day which (if any) to ask.
Do you mean you expect he will announce something about the movie so you won't have to ask?
Old 07-17-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Do you mean you expect he will announce something about the movie so you won't have to ask?
Dunno if he will or not. It's just not a priority for me to ask about this year, that's all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: