JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Babylon 5

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 12-16-2005, 11:20 AM
A Fan Of Pioneer

Send a message via MSN to DGTWoodward Send a message via Yahoo to DGTWoodward
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
I believe that I posted this in the WOTW thread, but Corey was also in the episode "An Eye for an Eye."
Whoops, sorry I missed that.
47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa
Old 12-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Avoidin' cannon fire.

Jeff Conoway

Flippin' through channels tonight I saw Jeff Conoway screaming and cursing on screen.

Turns out he's going to be a castmate on "Celebrity Fit Club" early next year.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:34 AM
Confirmed User

This one's old .. I was watching Austin Powers "The Spy Who Shagged Me" again, and noticed that Patricia Tallman was in 1 brief scene at the night club, as a barmaid.

Also, off topic a bit, but when I watched one recent Stargate episode, I believe it was "Beachhead", the one where the Fat Goa'uld came to Earth to try to trick the SG team into helping out getting the Ori a presence in the galaxy .. I knew that Fat Goa'uld looked familar. Anyway, I got a DVD of Dances With Wolves for Christmas, and while watching it again saw he was the commanding officer of the Fort Hays garrison, the one that pee'd in his pants and then shot himself in the head as Kevin was leaving.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Ship's Surgeon

Okay, Mel Winkler again. I first listed him in a thread that I created a year ago as being in a commercial. This time, he was on The Shield. He played a guy who had marijuana plants which he distributed for medicinal use. The district had instituted a property seizure program in which items bought with drug money were taken and sold to fund police and community programs. The media and former police captain-turned Democrat city councilman David Aceveda were against it, despite the program's success.

Winkler looked much older. Hell, ATRCONHP was shot almost ten years ago...
Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:30 PM
Confirmed User

Jeff Conaway - Celebrity Fit Club

I know this one has already been posted, but out of sick curosity, I have been recording the show. In one of his tyrades (there have been many, unfortuantely) he was listing all his "accomplishments" mentioning Taxi, Grease, and .... Babylon 5. I winced...he is a serious mess on this show. There is a new episode on tonite, I think. The teaser for it is Jeff is massively addicted to presciption pain killers and massively depressed. I really feel for him.
Update:

He entered rehab after nearly dying the night before from a pill and alcohol overdose...his birthday. He won't be returning to the show.

Last edited by B5sweepsfan; 01-16-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Confirmed User

I agree, it's too painful to watch. I remember interviewing Jeff some years ago about overcoming some of those problems, and it's really quite depressing. Apparently he's recently come out of rehab, so I hope things are coming better for him this time.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:04 AM
Confirmed User

Anyone see the commercial with the Circus Freaks - for Altoids?

The guy that you see in quite a few eps in S1/S2 - weird looking guy - one of the telepaths from Down Below. He's the guy that tips off Garabaldi at one point when no one will answer his questions, and talks to Talia about Ironheart.

He's in the front of the crowd in the Altoids commercial.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Confirmed User

FYI on Jeff... he has quit the TV show and went back into rehab.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Confirmed User

One sighting one honorable mention

I saw the actor who played Rabbi Yussel Koslov MUCH younger on a rerun of "All in the Family" same Russian accent and everything....I think he was playing a Jew on there also...

Honorable mention...I recorded "Out of the Blue", a 2 hour presentation about UFO's narrated by Peter Coyote, aired on the SciFi Channel. I felt it was very good; presented a good bit of evidence I hadn't heard before...lots of high profile military, astronaunts, etc. talking about what they had seen. An astrophysicist (smart guy, using big words; can't remember his exact credentials) said that interstellar travel using conventional methods was impossible; we would have to use Babylon 5 jumpgates or Star Trek warp drives. As we know, JMS purposefully based all his "tech" on legitimate possible future tech (even getting the guys at JPL to okay stuff). It gave me the warm fuzzies that we were mentioned before ST....I'm a trekker from way back, but Trek has never dealt very well with reality.

Proud to be a B5 fan!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 12:17 AM
ISN Anchor

Send a message via AIM to OmahaStar Send a message via MSN to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar
In the disney channel movie "High School Musical" the coach is played by Bart Johnson, who I instantly recognized as a Ranger from season 5.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:59 AM
Avoidin' cannon fire.

Daniel Dae Kim just won an Asian Excellence Award for his work on Lost.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:02 AM
Dr. Zelenka

I watched "Contact" again yesterday and I saw that guy who came from Earth to investigate those Shadowvessel-sightings(I think in late season 2 or in season 3).

Still a good movie btw. And the intro is awesome.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:52 PM
Ship's Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelmaster
I watched "Contact" again yesterday and I saw that guy who came from Earth to investigate those Shadowvessel-sightings(I think in late season 2 or in season 3).
David Endawi, who was the coolest official who visited the station. He reminded me of a black Robert Stack.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0806613/
Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:16 AM
Dr. Zelenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
David Endawi, who was the coolest official who visited the station. He reminded me of a black Robert Stack.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0806613/
Mr. Endawi indeed! Yes, that episode was fun to watch!
And who knows? Perhaps someday they will do a black version of Elliot Ness?

Oh, and of course I watched an old ep of Hill Street Blues. With the great and utterly immortal Mick Belker and his informer Sid the Snitch... Peter J. was good in that series. I never ever recognized him until I looked him up on IMDB.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Goddess of Good Taste

I was surprised to come to this thread and not see two recent B5 actor sightings, because they were both on very popular shows.

Two weeks ago on "24," Jack Bauer killed Warren Keffer! That's right, Robert Rusler, season 2's Keffer, played "Hank," a guy who infiltrates CTU as a fake computer systems expert, then a fake doctor, then a failed assassin. Jack killed him gooooood. Poor guy can't get a break!

And, last week on "Battlestar Galactica," the guy credited as "sniper" in "Ceremonies of Light and Dark" (the psycho guy who told about killing a Minbari piece by piece, and who then sang a very off, creepy version of "Dem Bones") played Royan Jahee, the head of the peace movement. The actor's name is Paul Perri.

(And on a totally unrelated note, if you'll check my new sig file, you'll see that I'm pointing to nsaseti.cf.huffingtonpost.com. This is a political humor site I designed for the Huffington Post's 'Contagious Festival.' The festival is a contest for designers/humorists to create online viral work. If you like political humor, please take a look, and tell all your friends! Because hey, you want a B5 fan to win the contest, right? Thanks! )

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: