JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Babylon 5

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.32 average. Display Modes
  #8611  
Old 11-17-2017, 09:13 PM
Kraig's Avatar
Kraig Kraig is offline
Lurker in Brown Sector
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central California
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha128 View Post
"A human? Imprisons one of us? Intolerable!"
They have the power to steal your soul at the instant of death. They're thieves. They steal your innermost thoughts rip away from you that which is eternal. Not every soul. Only those they consider to be of sufficient value. They have always taken an interest in certain classes of Minbari. You must believe me, commander. As long as the Soul Hunter remains here, everyone is in terrible danger. Send it away while you still can.
Reply With Quote
  #8612  
Old 11-18-2017, 06:48 AM
alpha128's Avatar
alpha128 alpha128 is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
They have the power to steal your soul at the instant of death. They're thieves. They steal your innermost thoughts rip away from you that which is eternal. Not every soul. Only those they consider to be of sufficient value. They have always taken an interest in certain classes of Minbari. You must believe me, commander. As long as the Soul Hunter remains here, everyone is in terrible danger. Send it away while you still can.
"I spoke with the president. He is the only other human who knows why the Minbari surrendered. He doesn't believe the stuff about our sharing of Minbari souls, and I can't say that I do either. But they [Minbari] believe it."
Reply With Quote
  #8613  
Old 11-18-2017, 10:59 AM
AstroBoy AstroBoy is offline
The one that was
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: So. Cal. Land of Fruits, Nuts, and Flakes
Posts: 1,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha128 View Post
"I spoke with the president. He is the only other human who knows why the Minbari surrendered. He doesn't believe the stuff about our sharing of Minbari souls, and I can't say that I do either. But they [Minbari] believe it."
"The Humans, I think, knew they were doomed. But where another race would surrender to despair, the Humans fought back with even greater strength. They made the Minbari fight for every inch of space. In my life, I have never seen anything like it. They would weep. They would pray. They would say goodbye to their loved ones and then throw themselves without fear or hesitation at the very face of death itself. Never surrendering. No one who saw them fighting against the inevitable, could help but be moved to tears by their courage, their stubborn nobility. When they ran out of ships, they used guns. When they ran out of guns, they used knives and sticks and bare hands. They were magnificent! I only hope, when it is my time, that I may die with half as much dignity as I saw in their eyes at the end. They did this for two years. They never ran out of courage. But in the end, they ran out of time."
__________________
All generalizations are false, including this one.
Reply With Quote
  #8614  
Old 11-18-2017, 11:22 AM
alpha128's Avatar
alpha128 alpha128 is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroBoy View Post
"The Humans, I think, knew they were doomed. But where another race would surrender to despair, the Humans fought back with even greater strength. They made the Minbari fight for every inch of space. In my life, I have never seen anything like it. They would weep. They would pray. They would say goodbye to their loved ones and then throw themselves without fear or hesitation at the very face of death itself. Never surrendering. No one who saw them fighting against the inevitable, could help but be moved to tears by their courage, their stubborn nobility. When they ran out of ships, they used guns. When they ran out of guns, they used knives and sticks and bare hands. They were magnificent! I only hope, when it is my time, that I may die with half as much dignity as I saw in their eyes at the end. They did this for two years. They never ran out of courage. But in the end, they ran out of time."
"Can not run out of time, there is infinite time. You are finite, Zathras is finite. This is wrong tool. No. No. Not good. No. No. Never use this."
Reply With Quote
  #8615  
Old 11-18-2017, 11:47 AM
babylonlurker's Avatar
babylonlurker babylonlurker is offline
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha128 View Post
"Can not run out of time, there is infinite time. You are finite, Zathras is finite. This is wrong tool. No. No. Not good. No. No. Never use this."
"Never, ever trust a telepath, I'll have that tatooed on the inside of my eyelids"
__________________
Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Reply With Quote
  #8616  
Old 11-18-2017, 03:07 PM
phazedout's Avatar
phazedout phazedout is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by babylonlurker View Post
"Never, ever trust a telepath, I'll have that tatooed on the inside of my eyelids"
Mr. Bester, we no longer have any ties to Earth or to the Psi Corps. So we don't have to put up with *you* or your games. Now, I am sitting on four brand new uni-directional pulse cannons. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't blow you out of the sky.
__________________
"There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "
Reply With Quote
  #8617  
Old 11-18-2017, 04:20 PM
Jan's Avatar
Jan Jan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazedout View Post
Mr. Bester, we no longer have any ties to Earth or to the Psi Corps. So we don't have to put up with *you* or your games. Now, I am sitting on four brand new uni-directional pulse cannons. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't blow you out of the sky.
"This is starting to piss me off. I want those ships out of my sky, Lieutenant."
__________________
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #8618  
Old 11-18-2017, 06:33 PM
alpha128's Avatar
alpha128 alpha128 is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
"This is starting to piss me off. I want those ships out of my sky, Lieutenant."
"It's over because we've decided it's over! Now get the hell out of our galaxy!"
Reply With Quote
  #8619  
Old 11-19-2017, 04:07 PM
Jan's Avatar
Jan Jan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha128 View Post
"It's over because we've decided it's over! Now get the hell out of our galaxy!"
"The war is never completely won. There are always new battles to be fought against the darkness."
__________________
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #8620  
Old 11-20-2017, 05:37 AM
alpha128's Avatar
alpha128 alpha128 is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
"The war is never completely won. There are always new battles to be fought against the darkness."
"By G'Quan, I can't recall the last time I was in a fight like that. No moral ambiguity, no .. hopeless battle against ancient and overwhelming forces. They were the bad guys, as you say, we were the good guys. And they made a very satisfying thump when they hit the floor."
Reply With Quote
  #8621  
Old 11-20-2017, 04:09 PM
Kraig's Avatar
Kraig Kraig is offline
Lurker in Brown Sector
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central California
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha128 View Post
"By G'Quan, I can't recall the last time I was in a fight like that. No moral ambiguity, no .. hopeless battle against ancient and overwhelming forces. They were the bad guys, as you say, we were the good guys. And they made a very satisfying thump when they hit the floor."
It was that, wasn't it? Always trying to be the hero. Never stopping to think first. Now look where it's got you.
Reply With Quote
  #8622  
Old 11-20-2017, 05:31 PM
alpha128's Avatar
alpha128 alpha128 is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
It was that, wasn't it? Always trying to be the hero. Never stopping to think first. Now look where it's got you.
"I know a lot of guys who came out of the war changed. Some came out better, some came out worse. A lot of them had this problem. The war gave them definition, direction, purpose. Without it they don't know how to fit in anymore, so they keep looking for ways to go out in a blaze of glory. Some people call that being a hero, maybe so. I don't know, I've never been one. Me, I think they're looking for something worth dying for because it's easier than finding something worth living for."
Reply With Quote
  #8623  
Old 11-21-2017, 05:46 AM
Melanie's Avatar
Melanie Melanie is offline
Narn with key
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Krakow, Poland
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha128 View Post
"I know a lot of guys who came out of the war changed. Some came out better, some came out worse. A lot of them had this problem. The war gave them definition, direction, purpose. Without it they don't know how to fit in anymore, so they keep looking for ways to go out in a blaze of glory. Some people call that being a hero, maybe so. I don't know, I've never been one. Me, I think they're looking for something worth dying for because it's easier than finding something worth living for."
"Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future .. and it changed us. It taught us that we have to create the future .. or others will do it for us. It showed us that we have care for one another, because if we don't, who will? And that true strength sometimes comes from the most unlikely places. Mostly, though, I think it gave us hope .. that there can always be new beginnings .. even for people like us."
__________________
"It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."
Reply With Quote
  #8624  
Old 11-21-2017, 03:46 PM
AstroBoy AstroBoy is offline
The one that was
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: So. Cal. Land of Fruits, Nuts, and Flakes
Posts: 1,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
"Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future .. and it changed us. It taught us that we have to create the future .. or others will do it for us. It showed us that we have care for one another, because if we don't, who will? And that true strength sometimes comes from the most unlikely places. Mostly, though, I think it gave us hope .. that there can always be new beginnings .. even for people like us."
"Before the war Dukhat wanted to know more about your people, so I began studying your history. I came to the conclusion that of all the races we had encountered humans were the most dangerous. Because humans form communities, and from that diversity comes a strength no single race can withstand. That is your strength and it is that which makes you dangerous."
__________________
All generalizations are false, including this one.
Reply With Quote
  #8625  
Old 11-21-2017, 03:55 PM
alpha128's Avatar
alpha128 alpha128 is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroBoy View Post
"Before the war Dukhat wanted to know more about your people, so I began studying your history. I came to the conclusion that of all the races we had encountered humans were the most dangerous. Because humans form communities, and from that diversity comes a strength no single race can withstand. That is your strength and it is that which makes you dangerous."
"Oh, I heard a new joke. Hehahaahhh. What is more dangerous than a locked room full of angry Narns?"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.