JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Babylon 5

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 11:12 AM
He's our Centauri

Think what you will about his present incarnation, Jerry's still a pretty interesting cat.

Adopted son of a Brooklyn cop, jet pilot, stockbroker, actor in the best sci-fi series on TV!

The most accomplished among us can also be the most annoying at times.
I don't listen to his show often but I've heard him speak fondly of B5

I met Chuck Yeager once (first to break the sound barrier)... he's also an ornery S.O.B.!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Doyle
Old 02-27-2014, 12:02 PM

I agree that he's lived an extraordinary life and is probably orders of magnitude smarter than I am. My opinion of him is strictly based on things he's said to and about people. The old-fashioned term 'boor' is my term for his behavior. And I should note that that's not all the time, either.

Jan
Old 02-27-2014, 11:20 PM
He's our Centauri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I agree that he's lived an extraordinary life and is probably orders of magnitude smarter than I am. My opinion of him is strictly based on things he's said to and about people. The old-fashioned term 'boor' is my term for his behavior. And I should note that that's not all the time, either.

Jan
I don't like rude and boorish either.
Captain Kirk expressed my view best:

Kirk: Mr. Spock, you misunderstand us. We can be against him and admire him all at the same time.
Mr. Spock: Illogical.
Kirk: Totally.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:28 AM

Have you signed up for the email newsletter? I'm starting to gear up for the first one (read: I paid for the account and I'm learning how to use the template that our wonderful Webmaster set up) so it should be soon. To sign up, go to http://tinyurl.com/qzx8zg6 I promise to *never* share or sell anybody's information!

Jan
PS: If you gave me your info at Space City Con, you're already in.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Confirmed User

Oh good. I was a little concerned because I hadn't received anything. You probably have my email twice, once from the site and once from Space City Con. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT! AND I LOVE THE THUNDERCLAP REPORT. It is great to see how everything broke down.

Last edited by Looney; 03-08-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:37 PM

A combination of Real Life and financial considerations have slowed things down. I've gone ahead and subscribed for six months now so that should give me some time to see if this method will attract people willing to take action.

Jan
Old 03-09-2014, 09:10 AM

We DID it!! Over 5,000 likes in just over six months!! Woo-Hoo!!!

Jan
Old 03-09-2014, 09:53 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Nice one Jan and fellow rangers!

Kosh: Good!
Old 03-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Confirmed User

I was just looking at the Jump Point on #FREEBABYLON5.COM. Great idea! What an awesome way to get all those forums linked to #FREEBABYLON5.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:55 PM

I just listed a "Free Babylon 5" 'Ambassadorial Pouch' on Ebay. Here's the copy:

Quote:
Going to a convention this season?
or
Want to help out the #FreeBabylon5 campaign?

Even if you're NOT going to a con, we're now making available to anybody, a limited number of 'Ambassadorial Pouches'

Each Ambassadorial Pouch will contain:

-Two (2) Free Babylon 5 lanyards - perfect for con badges or work IDs

-One (1) #FreeBabylon5 dog tag in either Space Black, Station Blue, Mars Red, Drazi Green or Centauri Purple (sorry, we cannot accept color requests) with both 20" and keychain chains

-One (1) #FreeBabylon5 carabiner (key holder) in either Space Black, Station Blue, Mars Red, Drazi Green or Centauri Purple (sorry, we cannot accept color requests)

-Three (3) Free Babylon 5 ribbons suitable for convention or ID badges

-One (1) oversize (3") Free Babylon 5 button

-At least 5 regular Free Babylon 5 buttons

-At least 5 Free Babylon 5 'Voice of the Resistance' postcards

-At least 5 Free Babylon 5 'BabCom' wallet-size calendars

ALL proceeds will go toward promoting the #FreeBabylon5 campaign. Thanks for your support!
For more information, look for us on Facebook or search for #FreeBabylon5
And the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Babylon...item19ea6d5c7e

For those who don't care for PayPal, I can't take credit cards but they're welcome to message me here or on Facebook or twitter and we can make arrangements for a check or money order.

ETA: Okay, I know this will sound like marketing hype but they really are going quickly! I'll have to check my inventory of the big buttons (the item I have fewest of) before I can list any more.

Jan
Old 03-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Confirmed User

I got multiples of all of those in Galveston and they are all great. I noticed there is at least one item I got in Galveston that isn't listed. Did you sell out of the notepads Jan? That is an item I might even consider sending with a letter.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
I noticed there is at least one item I got in Galveston that isn't listed. Did you sell out of the notepads Jan? That is an item I might even consider sending with a letter.
No, I've still got some of the pads of sticky notes...somewhere. I just haven't figured out what I did with them after the con. I figured that I'd use them to replace the big buttons as an item once I run out of those. The sticky notes and big buttons are the things I've got fewest of.

Jan
Old 03-23-2014, 06:37 PM

Quick update: All of the orders so far are packed and ready for the post office tomorrow. I've had to revise the auction because I've only got five of the big buttons left now so if anybody wants that, order soon. Tomorrow I'll go through the Vistaprint boxes to locate the sticky-notes so I'll be able to swap those out for the big button.

I'm pretty sure that all but one of the orders has gotten more than the auction stated. I didn't bother counting the postcards and calendars and I started giving out 3 lanyards because that's how many kept coming when I grabbed for them. I think 8-10 of the standard buttons was what most people got, too, and a few extra badge ribbons. The only things that nobody got extras of were the big buttons, dog tags and carabiners. Sorry, those were the most limited/expensive items.

Jan
Old 04-13-2014, 11:19 PM
Thread Killer

WOW! I just wanted to say how cool the FreeBabylon5 site looks. I am replying to this thread from the site's jump point.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:05 AM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delenn_of_Mir View Post
WOW! I just wanted to say how cool the FreeBabylon5 site looks. I am replying to this thread from the site's jump point.
Thanks for the tip, Delenn!

It's been awhile since I posted and, having just revisited the website after reading Delenn's message (above), I just wanted to pass on my CONGRATULATIONS at getting the series repeated on Denmark's 6'eren!

Well done, the Danes!

The show's back on in the United Kingdom and now Northern Europe.... Why are the American stations being so bloody obstinate? Is there something we don't know about???

CONGRATULATIONS once more!

PS You need to update the map! There's more blue now! http://freebabylon5.com/resources/the-map/

Last edited by Sinclair's Fan; 04-14-2014 at 07:08 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: