Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 79 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 06:09 AM
mandragora

Hollywood Reporter's "Oscar Roundtable: The Writers":

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...f549ba846d0880
Old 12-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Confirmed User

At the IMDB frontpage (random quote from Changeling):

I used to tell Walter, "Never start a fight... but always finish it." I didn't start this fight... but by God, I'm going to finish it.

I have yet to see the movie, but I couldn't help spot the Bab5 "easter egg"
Old 12-06-2008, 02:27 AM
Confirmed User

Malkovich's turn as SNL host sure to make good TV

This is a stretch, however Changeling is mentioned in the article and there might be a parody of Changeling on SNL.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...e-good-tv.aspx
Malkovich's turn as SNL host sure to make good TV
Posted: December 04, 2008, 3:15 PM by NP Editor
Quote:
NBC announced yesterday that John Malkovich will be hosting SNL this week. ...

Later this year he appeared with Angelina Jolie in the powerful Changeling, playing Reverend Gustav Briegleb, the radio preacher and only person who believed Christine Collins' (Jolie's character) claims that the child returned to her by the Los Angeles Police Department in 1928 was not her missing son. Malkovich's Briegleb is strong, the one voice of reason in a film full of corruption and madness.

Malkovich's range and offbeat humour are certain to make his third appearance on SNL memorable. ...
--Michelle Olsen

Changeling was briefly mentioned at the beginning of the Italian interview segment La Revista Di La Television Con Vinny Vedecci when John Malkovich was introduced.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Revi..._Vinny_Vedecci

Last edited by Dan Dassow; 12-08-2008 at 03:52 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Confirmed User

DVD, Blu-Ray, VOD, PPV Available Feb 17, 2009

PR Wire

From Academy Award(R) Winning Director Clint Eastwood and Starring Academy Award(R) Winner Angelina Jolie and Academy Award(R) Nominee John Malkovich Comes the Unforgettable True Story, 'Changeling'

FEBRUARY 17, 2009 OWN IT ON DVD AND BLU-RAY(TM) HI-DEF
'ANGELINA JOLIE IS IN OSCAR CALIBER FORM' -Lou Lumenick, New York Post
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Jan. 7 /PRNewswire/ --

"Changeling" will also be available On Demand starting February 17, 2009. NBCU's VOD and PPV offerings are available through major cable providers, as well as direct broadcast satellite (DBS), telco providers and online platforms. Offerings are also available in HD in select markets. For more details about NBC Universal's VOD and PPV offerings, visit www.universalvod.net.

BONUS FEATURES:
  • PARTNERS IN CRIME: CLINT EASTWOOD AND ANGELINA JOLIE: A unique look at the making of the film that gives insight on the script's genesis, Clint Eastwood's effective approach at directing and the detailed production design.
  • THE COMMON THREAD: ANGELINA JOLIE BECOMES CHRISTINE COLLINS: A profile of Angelina Jolie and the real-life inspiration for her character, Christine Collins.

BONUS FEATURES (EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAY(TM)):
  • BD-LIVE: Access the BD-Live Center through your internet-connected player and view the latest trailers, share your favorite scenes with your buddies and more!
  • U-CONTROL: Universal's exclusive signature feature U-Control allows viewers to delve into the making of the film with the click of the remote without ever leaving the movie.
    • LOS ANGELES: THEN AND NOW: Accessible at specific moments, viewers can explore the visual history of Los Angeles - comparing the LA of "Changeling" to the very different LA of today.
    • ARCHIVES: View archival images and documents of the real individuals and story portrayed in the film.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:49 PM

Thanks, Dan. Got it pre-ordered.

Jan
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017
Old 04-24-2009, 10:44 AM
simpleviolet

An excellent film. If it wasn't a true story I would have thought it too unrealistic, but they actually did it: the LAPD actually had the hubris to claim this woman couldn't recognize her own son. Amazing.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Confirmed User

Anniversary of North American wide release of Changeling

Today is the one year anniversary of the North American wide release of Changeling. Changeling first entered the IMDb Top 250 on 3 February 2009 with a rank of 248. It currently has a rank of 224.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Changeling_Plot.jpg (60.1 KB, 513 views)
Old 11-20-2009, 11:24 AM
A Fan Of Pioneer

Send a message via MSN to DGTWoodward Send a message via Yahoo to DGTWoodward
Just watched this film on our SKY HD movie channel.

W.O.W!!!!

Intense, moving, tragic, unbelievable, touching, uplifting...the list just goes on and on.

Not really a huge Jolie fan but by goodness, she was good in this. A really good film that deserved much better than it actually ended up getting.

And in HiDef it looked totally glorious. Mr. Eastwood certainly has a good eye.

Overall a very polished product - a film that is both harrowing and encouraging at the same time.

I too caught the 'end the fight' nod at B5 and one other that (at this moment) escapes me.

Well done Joe and lets hope that Forbidden Planet is just as good. But then...well written epic SF dramas are you specialty, right?
47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa
Old 11-21-2009, 07:35 AM
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightStorm View Post

W.O.W!!!!

Intense, moving, tragic, unbelievable, touching, uplifting...the list just goes on and on.

Not really a huge Jolie fan but by goodness, she was good in this. A really good film that deserved much better than it actually ended up getting.

And in HiDef it looked totally glorious. Mr. Eastwood certainly has a good eye.

Overall a very polished product - a film that is both harrowing and encouraging at the same time.

I too caught the 'end the fight' nod at B5 and one other that (at this moment) escapes me.

Well done Joe and lets hope that Forbidden Planet is just as good. But then...well written epic SF dramas are you specialty, right?
Oh, Lightstorm,

I had that bit of wow feeling when I saw it about a year ago.

Many of the themes from B5 pop up in "Changeling", I noticed that when I saw it in the cinema. I guess JMS has some favourite themes to bring out in his writing. Had to have it on DVD, so bought that one, too.

I recommend this film to people who do not want a loooong story (or do not like scifi for that matter) but still want to get acquainted with JMS' writing.

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Old 11-21-2009, 07:39 AM
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightStorm View Post

Not to forget : I look forward to the Lensmen series coming on film. Just reading the last book right now, so I know the main story line.

I know Lensmen is a bit dated as a book, but I have high hopes JMS will do it justice and bring it into our age.

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Old 02-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Confirmed User

Today is the one year anniversary of when Changeling first entered the IMDb Top 250 on 3 February 2009 with a rank of 248. It currently has a rank of 223.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Sleeping In Light

Does the changeling blue ray have jms commentary on it?
Old 03-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileOfTheShadow View Post
Does the changeling blue ray have jms commentary on it?
JMS is interviewed, but there is no JMS commentary.

Changeling [Blu-ray] (2008)
DVD Talk
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/36193/changeling/

Quote:
Extras

* Partners in Crime: Clint Eastwood and Angelina Jolie (13 min.; HD): This breezy, straightforward look at the making of Changeling quickly and efficiently covers quite a bit of ground: how its great many pieces fell into place with remarkable ease, Eastwood's approach to direction being such an accomplished actor himself, the cast learning stuntwork and how to take a punch from The Man with No Name, and the challenges of rolling the clock back eight full decades in Los Angeles.

* Common Thread: Angelina Jolie Becomes Christine Collins (5 min.; HD): Despite being bookended by cursory comments from Eastwood and Jolie about her performance, "The Common Thread" is primarily a costuming featurette. Because it's squarely focused on a single character, this look at Jolie's wardrobe is more comprehensive than usual.

* U-Control: There are three picture-in-picture options available throughout Changeling although only one can be automated at a time. Selecting the others requires repeated button clicks throughout the movie, and considering that there's essentially no overlap between them, it really just seems like interactivity is being unnecessarily forced onto users.

"Archives" overlays photographs of the people and places featured throughout Changeling as well as newspaper articles, transcripts, and letters, and it's more heavily weighted towards the second half of the film. "Los Angeles: Then and Now" illustrates how profoundly Los Angeles has transformed over the past eighty years, offering brief looks at the settings of the movie ù from Collins' suburban home to the mental ward where she was commited ù in the here and now. This U-Control feature is most heavily weighted around a half hour of behind the scenes footage and interviews, and only a couple of sentences are recycled from the two featurettes elsewhere on this Blu-ray disc. Casting, the many challenges of shooting a period piece in modern day L.A., the state of mental institutions in the 1920s, the use of authentic dialogue in the courtroom scenes, and skulking throughout the U.S. and Canada to find precisely the right wardrobe are among the topics covered here.

Although I do like the material offered throughout this U-Control feature, there's not quite enough for my tastes, and it strikes me as a poor design choice to have to constantly keep a remote in-hand when all of these options really should've been able to be played at once.

* BD Live: Changeling does offer some sort of online functionality, but it's still inactive as I write this, and there's no indication what may or may not be offered down the line.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:41 AM
MithaileBaiker

The Film Society of Lincoln Center announced the full program of the New York Film Festival today. period drama from Clint Eastwood, The Changeling, starring Angelina Jolie is the centerpiece and closing film is Darren Aronofsky's The Wrestler (Kent Jones says the Film Society Mickey Rourke give a performance of his life as a retired boxer from the stage for boxing fans NJ). The film has already announced the opening night's Palme d'Or-winning class, Laurent Cantet's drama class at school. Among the other films in four hours Che Steven Soderbergh, starring Benicio Del Toro, Mike Leigh, Happy-Go-Lucky, Ari Folman, Waltz with Bashir, animated, Wong Kar Wai's Ashes of Time Redux, and The Tale of Arnaud Desplechin's A Christmas. In addition, MaxPUL Lola Montes will be screened. Indiewire have a brief description of the movies here, tickets start going on sale September 07.

Last edited by MithaileBaiker; 07-09-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:10 AM
Confirmed User

This article [Changeling (film)] will appear on Wikipedia's Main Page as Today's featured article on January 11, 2011.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: