JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Sense8

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-30-2016, 10:39 AM
sense8ional's Avatar
sense8ional sense8ional is offline
Just a fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,380
Christmas Special - "Happy Fucking New Year" - SPOILERS!

http://www.ccxp.com.br/files/CCXP201...%C3%83O_A4.pdf

(Translation: )

Quote:
18H30-20H30
SENSE8 - PREMIERE SPECIAL:

A special 2 hour display of the first episode of Season 2 of Sense8! First of all for the CCXP!
(via: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sense8/comm...second_season/ )

So beware of spoilers!

Wow, Sense8/Netflix went all out for their Brazil fans!
__________________
My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".

Last edited by sense8ional; 11-30-2016 at 10:59 AM. Reason: me = stupid
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-30-2016, 10:44 AM
Jan's Avatar
Jan Jan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13,358
According to his tweet, Brian will be at the con along with Miguel. Lucky things!
__________________
"Anyone who advocates for "alternative facts" has moved from the language of obfuscation to the language of tyranny." JMS Twitter Jan. 22, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-30-2016, 10:57 AM
Ubik's Avatar
Ubik Ubik is offline
Vorlon Visitor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: York, UK
Posts: 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
According to his tweet, Brian will be at the con along with Miguel. Lucky things!
Well, I guess that means we'll be seeing it soon too! Pretty exciting.
__________________
Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-30-2016, 10:58 AM
sense8ional's Avatar
sense8ional sense8ional is offline
Just a fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,380
Tina Desai will be there too.
__________________
My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-01-2016, 08:54 AM
sense8ional's Avatar
sense8ional sense8ional is offline
Just a fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
LOL, they removed the reference to Sense8. Did the plans got cancelled or do they intend it as a surprise (too late for that)?

edit Now the entire pdf has been removed! Hmm......

edit New link: http://www.ccxp.com.br/files/CCXP2016_PROGRAMACAO.pdf

No mention of Sense8.
__________________
My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".

Last edited by sense8ional; 12-01-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-01-2016, 11:30 AM
sense8ional's Avatar
sense8ional sense8ional is offline
Just a fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,380
Assuming they do show the episode in Brazil after all, what's the spoiler policy here?

I assume we can share what we read about it online (or even better if a lucky member here sees it in person!) and talk about it in a dedicated thread (eg this one), right? This isn't going to be a bootleg recording getting leaked or something that no one was supposed to see - it's an official early showing. Nor are those that see it going to sign an NDA - I don't think so anyway.

Well, at least that's how I see it. What do you say Jan?
__________________
My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".

Last edited by sense8ional; 12-01-2016 at 11:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Jan's Avatar
Jan Jan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13,358
There's actually an official policy for spoilers here:
http://jmsnews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2404
with handy instructions on how to use the spoiler tags (I don't remember if we had the handy button we have now when it was written.

Unless there's any objection, I'd like to change this thread's title to a shorter, more generic one for the Christmas special that will show that there may be spoilers.

For Season One I had separate threads (Spoiler and No Spoiler) for each episode but that didn't seem terribly popular so I think as long as we're very conscious of what constitutes a spoiler, one thread each should do.

Jan
__________________
"Anyone who advocates for "alternative facts" has moved from the language of obfuscation to the language of tyranny." JMS Twitter Jan. 22, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-01-2016, 12:40 PM
sense8ional's Avatar
sense8ional sense8ional is offline
Just a fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,380
Sounds good to me. Let's just wait and see if they do show it in Brazil after all.
__________________
My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-01-2016, 12:55 PM
Jan's Avatar
Jan Jan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
Sounds good to me. Let's just wait and see if they do show it in Brazil after all.
Seems like they had a leak. They have no idea how quickly fans latch onto things.
__________________
"Anyone who advocates for "alternative facts" has moved from the language of obfuscation to the language of tyranny." JMS Twitter Jan. 22, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-01-2016, 06:08 PM
sense8ional's Avatar
sense8ional sense8ional is offline
Just a fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,380
Looks like they also removed Silvestre, Smith and Desai from the list of guests: http://www.ccxp.com.br/convidados/ - and that wasn't a secret like the screening of the Special might had been.

Seems like everything related to Sense8 has been purged, perhaps in their panic to contain the "leak" (if one could call that in the first place)?

edit Despite all that, the cast is on their way / already there. https://twitter.com/tinadesai07/stat...79028145348608
__________________
My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".

Last edited by sense8ional; 12-02-2016 at 07:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-03-2016, 05:43 AM
sense8ional's Avatar
sense8ional sense8ional is offline
Just a fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,380
Hm.. Looks like they might have removed it from their site because they had to reschedule. It will screen Saturday 19:15 rather than Sunday 18:30. That is.. today!

https://twitter.com/CCXPoficial/stat...37533519642625

(Translation: )

Quote:
ERRATA: The Sense8 Premiere screening will take place at the PRIME Auditorium on Saturday, December 3, at 7:15 p.m.

That being said, despite posting this correction they still haven't put it back in their pdf.
__________________
My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-03-2016, 07:44 AM
Jan's Avatar
Jan Jan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
Hm.. Looks like they might have removed it from their site because they had to reschedule. It will screen Saturday 19:15 rather than Sunday 18:30. That is.. today!
Be nice if they released the trailer for the special to the rest of the world at the same time. <hoping>
__________________
"Anyone who advocates for "alternative facts" has moved from the language of obfuscation to the language of tyranny." JMS Twitter Jan. 22, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-03-2016, 10:39 AM
sense8ional's Avatar
sense8ional sense8ional is offline
Just a fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,380
A quick look here: https://www.youtube.com/user/NewOnNetflix/videos leads me to believe that Netflix don't release new trailers on weekends, only up to Friday. (Probably the trailer-uploading people don't work weekends). I hope I'm wrong and they surprise us!

I was so sure they were going to officially reveal Season 2 on Thursday or Friday.. alas.... nope.
__________________
My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-03-2016, 11:30 AM
Jan's Avatar
Jan Jan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
A quick look here: https://www.youtube.com/user/NewOnNetflix/videos leads me to believe that Netflix don't release new trailers on weekends, only up to Friday. (Probably the trailer-uploading people don't work weekends). I hope I'm wrong and they surprise us!
Under most circumstances I'd agree with that except that I was also absolutely certain that they wouldn't announce the renewal on Aug. 8 last year - a Saturday - for exactly that reason. So...here's hoping despite all logic!
__________________
"Anyone who advocates for "alternative facts" has moved from the language of obfuscation to the language of tyranny." JMS Twitter Jan. 22, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-03-2016, 01:00 PM
sense8ional's Avatar
sense8ional sense8ional is offline
Just a fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,380
Oooh, I forgot about that!

https://twitter.com/NetflixBrasil/st...18768917741568

(Translation: )

Quote:
There are 10 Lito slippers scattered around @CCXPoficial. Whoever finds it wins 2 tickets to @ sense8's session today! VALUE!



The Special will be shown sans Portuguese subtitles because they didn't have time to create them. Also only persons 18+ are allowed in. https://twitter.com/Sense8BR/status/805121690787348480

Ticket I guess: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNkPypHhFQV/



Netflix has a "What's Up" karaoke for Sense8 lol:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNkCmYKj8yl/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNj-WXyDDxj/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNj9qFRDEcH/

1h and 15m remaining to the beginning of the CCXP premiere...

edit https://twitter.com/Sense8BR/status/805160410051657728

(Translation: )

Quote:
INFO: EVERYONE in the auditorium watching the first episode of the second season will receive autographs from the cast and will be screened TWO eps
The autographs will be signed tomorrow I think. Lucky people!

So far I haven't found any tweets about the episode having started, but it's not like I speak Portuguese.
__________________
My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".

Last edited by sense8ional; 12-03-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.