JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Babylon 5

Old 02-15-2017, 02:22 PM
Confirmed User

I just checked it and it is up now. Anyone heard any progress reports? Any newbies to the forum need info on this?

http://b5books.com/

Sure hope the word is spreading. Sure hope new members spot this thread.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:04 PM
Confirmed User

Giving this another bump because I don't want any new eyes lurking around the Forums to miss it. If you are not aware of what the B5Books Team is doing, you should be.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:30 AM
Confirmed User

Thought I would give it another 'BUMP' to make sure all of our new friends don't miss it.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:38 PM

Critical note from Captain Jaclyn:

Quote:
CRITICAL NOTE FROM CAPTAIN JACLYN
We have adjusted the final release date for the Babylon 5 Encyclopedia. It is now September 30, 2017, about 90 days later than planned.

This is my fault. I under-estimated the time to go through all the images being supplied by Production Designer John Iacovelli, one of our many sources.

Instead of the 6,500 images estimated we are instead scanning 37,000 frames of negatives at 4,000 dpi which then have to be individually cataloged.

When you experience the depth and breadth of the images I hope you'll agree it was time well spent. That said, I feel bad that my miscalculation is going to disappoint fans. I want everyone to know how genuinely sorry I am.
If you have any questions or feedback email me at help@b5books.com or click here.

ENCYCLOPEDIA DEBUT DISCOUNT END DATE
The discount on the Babylon 5 Encyclopedia ends Friday, March 31. Remember we have a 4-pay opportunity with no fees, no interest.

CHECK OUT OUR LATEST B5 BOOKS VIDEO.
YOU'VE NEVER SEEN B5 LIKE THIS
(Scroll down to the bottom here for the video if you didn't get the email - it's fun )

Debut discount period ends March 31.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Narn with key

Thanks for posting the update.
"It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."
Old 03-30-2017, 11:24 AM

For anybody procrastinating, quick reminder that the discount period is coming to an end after tomorrow!

http://b5books.com/
Old 05-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Confirmed User

I'm glad to receive the latest email update.

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:47 PM
Confirmed User

So what nickname are we going to give these elite five fans with the backups? Zathri is okay, but can we do better? Do we need to come up with a plan to have the backups handed down from fan to fan or generation to generation? Are we all going to have to move close to one of the five backups to keep a particular guardian safe? Do we need to come up with some elite strike force security team for these five people akin to the Secret Service? Will the backups be hidden in five super secret secure locations around the world including underground fortresses and airships that never land? A thousand years from now will these original five fans have accumulated millions of followers around the globe sworn to keep the backups safe? Will the backups become the most sought after treasure the world has ever known? Will our ancestors have to follow ancient maps to discover the secret hiding places of the backups?

Point being when I think about it I really don't want the responsibility and pressure of being one of these chosen few. What if I crack? What if some super villain decides their organization must possess all five backups at any cost? What if the world falls into chaos? What if the sun explodes? . . . I really didn't need to hear about this today.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:02 PM
Narn with key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
So what nickname are we going to give these elite five fans with the backups? Zathri is okay, but can we do better? Do we need to come up with a plan to have the backups handed down from fan to fan or generation to generation? Are we all going to have to move close to one of the five backups to keep a particular guardian safe? Do we need to come up with some elite strike force security team for these five people akin to the Secret Service? Will the backups be hidden in five super secret secure locations around the world including underground fortresses and airships that never land? A thousand years from now will these original five fans have accumulated millions of followers around the globe sworn to keep the backups safe? Will the backups become the most sought after treasure the world has ever known? Will our ancestors have to follow ancient maps to discover the secret hiding places of the backups?

Point being when I think about it I really don't want the responsibility and pressure of being one of these chosen few. What if I crack? What if some super villain decides their organization must possess all five backups at any cost? What if the world falls into chaos? What if the sun explodes? . . . I really didn't need to hear about this today.
I take it there will be 5 backups. "Rangers" comes to mind for the keepers when I read your text. I started thinking about Deconstruction of Falling Stars with the Rangers coming back to Earth and the search for ancient knowledge.
"It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."
Old 05-02-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
So what nickname are we going to give these elite five fans with the backups? Zathri is okay, but can we do better?
I'm fond of Team Zathri, personally. And I'm betting you wouldn't be surprised to hear that 'generational Zathri' has come up in conversation, would you? And remember, it's 'at least' 5. Could be more.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:45 PM
The one that was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I'm fond of Team Zathri, personally. And I'm betting you wouldn't be surprised to hear that 'generational Zathri' has come up in conversation, would you? And remember, it's 'at least' 5. Could be more.
Nope I'm not surprised at that at all. I would however be surprised nay shocked if you were not one of the five.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroBoy View Post
Nope I'm not surprised at that at all. I would however be surprised nay shocked if you were not one of the five.
I don't think anything's definite but I must say that I'm *not* (to put it mildly) technologically inclined so while I might at some point be appointed a 'holder of the sacred chalice...' oh, wait...wrong show...holder of the data, at no point should anybody expect me to be able to *do* anything with it.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:47 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
And remember, it's 'at least' 5. Could be more.
So we could all get the backups?!?!?!?!?!?!

(Can't . . . . .take . . . . .the . . . . . pressure . . . . )

And I think you have to accept the mantle High Priestess of The Zathri because I believe fate is definitely knocking on your door Jan.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:19 AM

Quote:
And I think you have to accept the mantle High Priestess of The Zathri because I believe fate is definitely knocking on your door Jan.
I think fate knocked on my door in the fall of 1996 (1997? can't remember) and I discovered JMS interacting with fans on AOL.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:55 PM
Confirmed User

Just a bump and a query that all is still on schedule for September 30.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: