JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Sense8

Old 04-29-2017, 03:02 AM

Episode 205-Fear Never Fixed Anything - SPOILERS

Fourth episode dropping May 5.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:36 AM
Just a fan

Oh hey, Jupiter Ascending connection! "Abrasax Electronics"!

http://jupiter-ascending.wikia.com/w...use_of_Abrasax
http://jupiter-ascending.wikia.com/w...sax_Industries
Old 05-05-2017, 04:56 AM
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum

I just love the end of ep 205, and the call back to ep 104.

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Old 05-05-2017, 05:02 AM
Just a fan

Haven't seen the end of the ep yet, but the extended V cameo I just watched almost killed me!

edit Oh hey I finished it now, the call back was great indeed babylonlurker!

And the music over the credits at the end was the same track, BKAB, used in the V for Vendetta credits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjD7daWfODI&t=1m30s

(Well, the V version samples Malcolm X and Gloria Steinem additionally.)

Last edited by sense8ional; 05-05-2017 at 05:37 AM.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:06 PM
Vorlon Visitor

Mr Hoy... Oh dear god, what the hell is that accent supposed to be. Irish? Scottish!? The ham is strong with this one.

I guess I am just going to have to have fun with it, and have a good chuckle every time he has lines.

Still, enjoying the hell out of this season!

Kosh: Good!
Old 05-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Just a fan

McCoy was amazing! I hope we see a lot more of him in later seasons since he has a multi-season contract!
Old 05-06-2017, 01:11 PM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
McCoy was amazing! I hope we see a lot more of him in later seasons since he has a multi-season contract!
I like the character a lot. Does anyone else get a kind of 'hobbit vibe' about him. The accent is all over the shop though, one second he's Irish, the next scottish, then stiff upper lip British. It's most amusing.

Last edited by Ubik; 05-06-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Just a fan

Yeah, I get the vibe!

I'm ignorant regarding accents, so to me other than the accent being funny, I can't comment!
Old 05-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Vorlon Visitor

I have just been informed by a friend that McCoy has what we Brits refer to as 'borders accent', so it is by nature a bit of a mish mash of different regions. I took it to be him having a laugh at first, this is in fact, his accent! I stand correct. It's still an odd old thing to listen to!

Old 05-07-2017, 05:31 PM

Quick favor if you don't mind? Can you maybe go into a little more detail when you make references to other things? What are you referring to as a callback to 104, for instance? What V cameo?

Feeling stupid here...Help?
Old 05-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Quick favor if you don't mind? Can you maybe go into a little more detail when you make references to other things? What are you referring to as a callback to 104, for instance? What V cameo?

Feeling stupid here...Help?
The callback was to using "What's Up" during the rave at Paradiso as they did in 104 for the karaoke scene. I think the V cameo was just "The Guy" who offered Nomi e-death and his whole schpeel about potentially asking her for a favor in return and then him saying "there's an app for it"
Old 05-08-2017, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromate View Post
The callback was to using "What's Up" during the rave at Paradiso as they did in 104 for the karaoke scene. I think the V cameo was just "The Guy" who offered Nomi e-death and his whole schpeel about potentially asking her for a favor in return and then him saying "there's an app for it"
Thanks, I figured that it was probably the "What's Up" part but had no idea about V since it's been decades since I saw the original. Me, I thought the 'asking for a favor in return' was a nice call-out to the many stories where that kind of blank check ends up causing worse trouble than the original problem.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:56 AM
Vorlon Visitor

I thought the use of Anonymous was somewhat interesting, and I only say this because of a recent article I read on its roots in 4Chan, which links heavily to the alt.right movement, and getting Trump elected. Anonymous is not the clear cut liberal band of 'freedom fighters' that the show portrays them to be.

My apologies if this is a tad off topic, but I found this article fascinating. The Ws do get a mention for the Guy Fawkes mask phenomenon.

https://medium.com/@DaleBeran/4chan-...p-624e7cb798cb

Last edited by Ubik; 05-08-2017 at 05:15 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:11 AM
Just a fan

Anonymous are a bunch of asshole edgelord straight white males, their portrayal in the show has nothing to do with the reality.

Many of them would much rather see the Wachowskis raped and killed for being trans / feminists / whatever isn't them.

Then again, they were never named Anonymous in the show, and the inspiration behind "The Guy", as he is credited in the closing credits, seems to be a romanticized amalgam of Wachowskis' version of V and Anonymous.

The alt right have already appropriated one of the Wachowskis' symbols into something that goes 1000% against its creators beliefs;
http://flavorwire.com/504288/the-del...trixs-red-pill
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-reboot-986835

Time for the Wachowskis to do the same

Last edited by sense8ional; 05-08-2017 at 05:23 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:33 AM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
Anonymous are a bunch of asshole edgelord straight white males, their portrayal in the show has nothing to do with the reality.

Many of them would much rather see the Wachowskis raped and killed for being trans / feminists / whatever isn't them.

Then again, they were never named Anonymous in the show, and the inspiration behind "The Guy", as he is credited in the closing credits, seems to be a romanticized amalgam of Wachowskis' version of V and Anonymous.

The alt right have already appropriated one of the Wachowskis' symbols into something that goes 1000% against its creators beliefs;
http://flavorwire.com/504288/the-del...trixs-red-pill
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-reboot-986835

Time for the Wachowskis to do the same
You are bang on the money there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: