JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Sense8

Old 06-29-2017, 12:50 PM
Just a fan

Sense8 revived for 2-hour finale, coming 2018!

Posted on all official social media accounts of the show:

http://sense8.tumblr.com/post/162404...-2-hour-finale
https://www.facebook.com/Sense8TV/ph...0625573130399/
https://twitter.com/sense8/status/880495946370568194
https://www.instagram.com/p/BV7x9dtgP3G/

YES!

edit Official Netflix account tweeted:
https://twitter.com/netflix/status/880497746225930240

edit I noticed it doesn't say "finale". Jan, can you change the title of the thread from "finale" to "special"? Thanks!

Last edited by sense8ional; 06-29-2017 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:20 PM

It does say finale in the video posted.
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/sens...lix-1202483044

About halfway through the 'what's up' video.

So far I've seen Herrera, Desai and Ageyman tweet. ETA: Also Onwumere and Smith.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:23 PM
Vorlon Visitor

Amazing, unprescidented news. I really don't envy the Ws and JMS having to script this! I remain a bit sceptical about a 2 hour special to tie things up, but let's not look a gift horse in the mouth!

Interesting thing is, as you just pointed out, is that it doesn't state it's a grand finale to the entire show. It could open up room for talks with Netflix about a cheaper way to continue the show. Let's hope so.

Kosh: Good!
Old 06-29-2017, 01:24 PM
Just a fan

I knew I saw it somewhere billed as a finale when I wrote the title! Okay, I guess Lana is optimistic, but officially-officially it's a finale. Unofficially.. well, I sure hope the "challenging numbers" that Lana refers to somehow improve and convince Netflix to make more!

I am so so so happy!

edit No further insights by Deadline, who usually have good exclusives about Sense8. http://deadline.com/2017/06/sense8-r...de-1202122216/

Last edited by sense8ional; 06-29-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:44 PM
Vorlon Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense8ional View Post
I knew I saw it somewhere billed as a finale when I wrote the title! Okay, I guess Lana is optimistic, but officially-officially it's a finale. Unofficially.. well, I sure hope the "challenging numbers" that Lana refers to somehow improve and convince Netflix to make more!

I am so so so happy!

edit No further insights by Deadline, who usually have good exclusives about Sense8. http://deadline.com/2017/06/sense8-r...de-1202122216/
I guess this might get a mention at SDCC during JMS' panel.

Kosh: Good!
Old 06-29-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
I guess this might get a mention at SDCC during JMS' panel.
I'll be there and I'll report back, I promise!

In related news, I noticed that Alfonso Herrera will be there representing 'The Exorcist'. Too bad it's almost certain that there won't be a Sense8 panel.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:01 PM
Just a fan

For now, I don't know how much JMS is involved, because he contradicted heavily Lana as Jan noted in the other thread, saying there's absolutely no way the show will return and that there are absolutely no negotiations going on, even hinted heavily the cast straight-up doesn't want to do it anymore, while, as proven beyond a doubt now, Lana was cooking a special. He didn't co-sign Lana's letter either.

None of those things are definitive and I don't mean to start any rumors, just saying.

On that note, let's see if indeed all 8 (and more) cast members return. I feel pretty confident about it, but let's see.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:02 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I'll be there and I'll report back, I promise!

In related news, I noticed that Alfonso Herrera will be there representing 'The Exorcist'. Too bad it's almost certain that there won't be a Sense8 panel.
Unless JMS invites some of them to join him at his presentation.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottenst View Post
Unless JMS invites some of them to join him at his presentation.
In that case, I'd hope for an extra-long panel. Much as I like Sense8, I'd prefer a separate S8 panel from JMS' spotlight if possible. It is interesting that Netflix will have a booth at the con this year for the first time.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:42 PM
Confirmed User

OMG! This sounds almost too good to be true. The only thing I would believe less is if they said Sense 8 was renewed. What I mean to say is that I believe the news, but it sounds unbelievable. So excited. I am not kidding, with the news of Sense 8 being canceled followed by Stephen Furst's passing June has been a tough month. Thank goodness it is ending on a high note!!!!!

Disclaimer: I am going to go supernova if JMS is not a part of this project, though I don't really see how that is possible. I do, however, think I am going to add "going supernova" as my overreaction to all news from now on, good or bad.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:46 PM
Just a fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
OMG! This sounds almost too good to be true. The only thing I would believe less is if they said Sense 8 was renewed. What I mean to say is that I believe the news, but it sounds unbelievable. So excited. I am not kidding, with the news of Sense 8 being canceled followed by Stephen Furst's passing June has been a tough month. Thank goodness it is ending on a high note!!!!!
And the month ain't over yet.. Tomorrow's news: "Stephen Furst back to life!"

(I wish)
Old 06-29-2017, 04:26 PM
Just a fan

Seems the Italians that have a direct line to producer Roberto Malerba, already knew of the news, before they were made official. https://www.facebook.com/Sense8Itali...68288416677511

Their post that was made something like 2 hours before the creation of this thread proves it. Glad to see further proof of their connection to the production being real. Is Malerba like their father or something? (I am not kidding!)

They have also posted:

(Translations: )

Quote:
We could not say it: P The deadline for the announcement was 100 hours from the first post on Monday. Then too many rumors came and speeded up, I guess: O Excuse me the dirty game yet, but we could not, at the same time we were imploding.
Quote:
Aaaah did you know it already?

Yes, for a few days now. Whoever came to the meeting in Milan was informed of something :P
If I understand correctly they have known this for days, and those that went to the Milan Pride on Monday and met the group, they were told of the secret (perhaps not in detail), which started rumors, and today we got the official announcement. But they had set a 100 hour deadline anyway, so they would have written about it anyway, even if Netflix hadn't announced it.

So if they already knew it on Monday (and probably even earlier), I guess when Lana spoke with a fan on Friday?, it was already practically decided by then, so I wonder how long ago did negotiations start.

edit They also got some nice stuff thanks to their connections with the production:

(You can even spot the per-location badges the crew was given to right of the bottom image!)

edit In one of their comments they promise an explanation of what happened/was going on with the cancellation, tomorrow. I'll be sure to be checking their page and will let you know if I see it posted.

Last edited by sense8ional; 06-29-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:53 PM
Just a fan

Excuse the multiple posts in a row, but I noticed a Netflix rep has given a statement to a few websites:

http://www.thewrap.com/netflix-bring...-hour-special/
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...etflix-1017948
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/29/en...lix/index.html
(and more)

It reads:

Quote:
“After seeing that the cancellation was a total cluster, we decided to give Sense8 fans the ending they totally deserve.”
Short, to the point, and it reiterates it's an ending. (But at this point like Lana said.. you never know!)
Old 06-29-2017, 06:24 PM
Confirmed User

Ooooooo! Just saw the news is on CNN as well. CNN's site that is.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:15 PM

Some tweets from JMS:

I think maybe he was reading too fast when he responded to the tweet about a special on the 20th. He was doing quite a bit of tweeting that night.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: