JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > Babylon 5

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 2.54 average. Display Modes
Old 08-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Confirmed User

Not really unexpected per se, but as I hope can be seen in the photo, I put up a B5CCG poster for The Shadows card set at work in the MMS Flight Dynamics Operations Area before our first long shadows season in operations in 2015. (The screen at the left show several orbits of MMS including where there were maneuvers on two successive orbits.)

It is still there and there was a group of visitors dropping by today. One of them had been working during early operations. He noted that I still had my B5 poster up. One of the other people mentioned that "Babylon 5 is supposed to be the best SF show ever on television. .... At my previous job we had a discussion about the best SF show on television and the consensus went to Babylon 5." Indeed.

Last edited by nottenst; 08-09-2017 at 11:59 AM. Reason: added hyperlink
Old 08-14-2017, 01:26 AM
Narn with key

I'm reading the "Superman: Grounded" comics. Now that I know they're written by JMS it's been really obvious that it's his comics, but I still wasn't expecting the line "Now, who are you and what do you want?".
"It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."
Old 08-14-2017, 02:42 AM
In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
I'm reading the "Superman: Grounded" comics. Now that I know they're written by JMS it's been really obvious that it's his comics, but I still wasn't expecting the line "Now, who are you and what do you want?".
I like that he has some signature lines that pop up everywhere.
Thanks, Melanie, for the company at Worldcon on the last day or so.
We did have a bit of fun, did we not ?

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"
Old 08-14-2017, 03:38 AM
Narn with key

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylonlurker View Post
I like that he has some signature lines that pop up everywhere.
Thanks, Melanie, for the company at Worldcon on the last day or so.
We did have a bit of fun, did we not ?
Indeed and thank you for welcoming me to the community.

Now that I'm back on the countryside it's time to start working on the report. After lunch.
"It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."
Old 08-14-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
In at least one case, there was an intensely personal story in Superman: Grounded. I forget which number or if there was a title but it was the one with the little boy with a black eye on the cover. JMS showed it at Comic-Con and told how he'd needed Superman to rescue him.

Looking forward to reports back.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:12 AM
Narn with key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
In at least one case, there was an intensely personal story in Superman: Grounded. I forget which number or if there was a title but it was the one with the little boy with a black eye on the cover. JMS showed it at Comic-Con and told how he'd needed Superman to rescue him.

Looking forward to reports back.
I knew that one was coming after researching the comics a few months back (I like having an idea of what I'm getting into) and I kept remembering that during the whole chapter.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:37 PM
Confirmed User

In the last few weeks I watched "Let's Play" video playlists for two adventure games, Gabriel Knight 1 and Gabriel Knight 2.

As it turns out both games have a B5 connection. In the first one, Gabriel's Uncle Wolfgang is voiced by Efrem Zimbalist Jr. In second game, Gabriel's assistant Grace is played by Joanne Takahashi.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:38 AM
Narn with key

Yesterday I had an unexpected Babylon 5 moment as I had fallen asleep in the car and according to my dad snored. Without thinking I said "I don't snore. It's the sound humans make when we meditate."
Old 11-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Narn with key

My phone was unusually accurate. I was writing "reference to" and it suggested "Babylon" as the next word. As I was also writing about avalanche and pebbles it was the correct suggestion.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: