JMSNews Community Site

Go Back   JMSNews Forums > Discussion > General Discussions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 2.94 average. Display Modes
Old 08-25-2005, 05:09 AM
Space for rent

Send a message via AIM to AaronB Send a message via MSN to AaronB Send a message via Yahoo to AaronB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
In the Whole Wide World?? Wow!!!

Well, they're not specified as Kosh but there's this Vorlon Visitor or maybe one of these more expensive ones will do.

Vorlon...action figure...is that an oxymoron?

Jan
That is exactly what I was looking for! However the link to the more expensive one looked exactly like the first link. But that was what I was looking for.

I am now your best friend in the whole wide world. Boy are you in trouble
Old 08-25-2005, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaron
That is exactly what I was looking for! However the link to the more expensive one looked exactly like the first link. But that was what I was looking for.
Oops, try this link. I've ordered from them before and they ship quickly.

Quote:
I am now your best friend in the whole wide world. Boy are you in trouble
<Jan thinks back to last Dec./Jan> Or you are. Glad that was what you were looking for.

Jan
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017
Old 08-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
Oh, I have a great time 'window shopping'. Guess it's all those years of trolling around looking for B5 scripts. I've found some truly *wonderful* things, too that are real pieces of B5 history.

Somebody mentioned needing the "In Valen's Name" comic trilogy or this other one

Here are some Micro-Machines

Lots of ship figurines

This link leads to a whole *bunch* of copies of the Jeanne Cavelos Techno-Mage trilogy

Have fun!

Jan
Oh! Set #5!!!!! I have longed for that set, and it shall be mine.

Thanks for the link!
Old 08-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Confirmed User

On a different ebay topic... anyone know anything about...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Babylon-5-softwa...QQcmdZViewItem

Im guessing its just someones b5 internet collection burned onto a disk?
Old 08-25-2005, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman
On a different ebay topic... anyone know anything about...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Babylon-5-softwa...QQcmdZViewItem

Im guessing its just someones b5 internet collection burned onto a disk?
From the looks of it, this is bootleg. It talks about the interactive guide to B5 which probably wouldn't really work on anybody's computer anymore. I wouldn't touch it without proof that it was licensed.

And speaking of which, I don't need to let people know that any bloopers you see are bootleg, do I? They are-every single one. They stem from an item stolen from JMS at a convention several years ago.

Jan
"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Last edited by Jan; 08-25-2005 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Bending rules since 1978

I admit to bidding on a copy back when I had my account. Someone outbid me, which went over the amount I was willing to pay for and I didn't want to pay a ridiculous amount anyway. My max was $30 bucks, and it held for about 2 days.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:26 PM

Well, if it helps, pretty much all of them are *horrible* dubs. Copy-machine-effect to the 50th power. And the reason I know was because I bought a couple at somebody's request so they could try to trace the origin but that plan fell through.

That said, if any of you ever have the chance to see the B5 music videos by John Hugins, DO!!!!! He's usually at DragonCon each year at the least. They are SO good! You might remember the Rick Biggs memorial that came out shortly after Rick died? That was done by John, aka Fenn. (and the reason I put the two together was because there are two of the music videos on the bloopers, still very bad dubs.)

Jan
Old 08-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Ranger beyond the rim

you know whats funny about this thread? I have most of the things you guys are looking for
"It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past." -- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"In the Beginning"
Old 08-27-2005, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laiden
you know whats funny about this thread? I have most of the things you guys are looking for
I have some of it and other things I've sold off. I never got into the action figures much but I did pick up a few loose ones to 'guard' my script shelves. Most of what I'm looking for wasn't widely available.

Here's a few things....

Sierra game promo watch

Sierra game promo mouse pad

More B5 magazines

Two Vorlons

Jan
Old 08-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Confirmed User

Hmm.. i have both the watch and the mousepad on my book shelf. Actually got those from sierra when they went under. For the time they are not for sale.. but if i ever need to get rid of them, i will let ya know. Watch battery is long dead, but everything is still in mint condition.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman
Hmm.. i have both the watch and the mousepad on my book shelf. Actually got those from sierra when they went under.
I got them then, too. Most people don't know that they went for $5 each back then. Frankly, I thought the watch looked kind of cheap but I loved the shadow ship on the face. Mine got sold during a bout of unemployment a couple of years ago.

Jan
Old 08-28-2005, 06:54 PM

Ahhh....life is good! Speading of Ebay, I got home tonight to find that I'd won an auction for a genuine, set-used 'Murder, She Wrote' script written by our own JMS....for $10 plus postage! Whoo-hoo!

Jan
Old 08-29-2005, 06:52 AM

These Rawcliffe pewter figures have always been pretty hard to find.

These miniatures are cute also but less detailed.

Jan
Old 08-29-2005, 07:00 AM
Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
These Rawcliffe pewter figures have always been pretty hard to find.

These miniatures are cute also but less detailed.

Jan
Cool, well from the Pewter figures I most like the Sheridan figure - the little ones have a funny choice of characters! The Soul hunter or Trakis *muahaha* !

Thanks for presenting the links!
Old 08-31-2005, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin
Cool, well from the Pewter figures I most like the Sheridan figure - the little ones have a funny choice of characters! The Soul hunter or Trakis *muahaha* !
I think they were sort of based on episodes, weren't they? I never saw them when they were first out.

Quote:
Thanks for presenting the links!
You're welcome. Here's an item you don't see often, a script for 'The Fall of Night' that was originally sold by the B5 Fan Club.

CAUTION: Reading B5 (and/or JMS) scripts can be habit forming. Even one exposure can cause permanent addiction.

My name is Jan, and I'm a JMS script addict.

Jan

Tags
merchandise, scripts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: