Straczynski published his first book “Complete Book of Scriptwriting” in 1982 and since has written both fiction and non-fiction titles. His latest book “Becoming Superman: My Journey From Poverty to Hollywood” is an autobiography detailing his humble beginnings in Paterson, NJ and his journey through life, comics, television, and film.
- Becoming Superman: My Journey From Poverty to Hollywood
- The Complete Book of Scriptwriting
- Babylon 5: The Scripts of J. Michael Straczynski
- JMS Unplugged
- Demon Night
- Tales from the New Twilight Zone
Straczynski has enjoyed a successful career as a comic book writer that starting in the late 1980s. From 2001 to 2007 he wrote The Amazing Spider-Man for Marvel Comics. In 2010 he began work for DC Comics writing Superman and Wonder Woman. He has published comics under his own label ‘Joe’s Comics’ that included Ten Grand and Midnight Nation.
- Amazing Spider-Man (1999-2013)
- The Amazing Spider-Man: Civil War
- Superman: Earth One
- The Adventures of Apocalypse Al
- Before Watchmen
- Rising Stars
- Dream Police
- The Twilight Zone
- Ten Grand
- Bullet Points
- Protectors, Inc.
- The Brave and the Bold
- Terminator: The Final Battle
- Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme
- Book Of Lost Souls
- Wonder Woman
- Star Trek: Worldsinger (single issue)
- Teen Titans Spotlight (single issue)
- Strange (Doctor Strange min-series)
Straczynsk’s career in television began in the 1980s writing for shows such as “He-Man and the Masters of the Universe” and “The Real Ghostbusters”. He is best known for his work on the Babylon 5 and Sense8 television series.
- Babylon 5
- Babylon 5: The Lost Tales
- Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers
- Babylon 5: A Call to Arms
- Babylon 5: The River of Souls
- Babylon 5: Thirdspace
- Babylon 5: In the Beginning
- The Real Ghostbusters
- The Twilight Zone
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
- Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future
- She-Ra: Princess of Power
- Jake and the Fat Man
- Murder, She Wrote
- Murder, She Wrote: A Story to Die For (TV movie)
In 2007 Straczynski was hired to write the feature film adaptation of the novel World War Z for Paramount Pictures. He wrote the screenplay for Changeling which was directed by Clint Eastwood and produced by Ron Howard. He went on to write Ninja Assassins for the Wachowskis and was a story writer for the film Thor in 2011.
- Underworld: Awakening
- World War Z
- Ninja Assassin
Below is a selection of JMS titles that are available for purchase at Amazon.com. JMSNews.com is a participant in the Amazon Services Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to amazon.com.